Not surprised he is gay (or nominally bisexual). Narcissism and misogyny go hand in hand and nothing irritates them more than the phrase 'I love you' because they only love themselves.

Simon Cowell is gay, the PA for Tulisa Contostavlos claimed in a video played during her trial

X Factor's Simon Cowell Photo: GETTY

The Telegraph

7:54PM BST 17 Jul 2014

The PA for former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has claimed he knows Simon Cowell is gay because he knows people who had slept with him, a court heard.

Mazher Mahmood, dubbed the "fake sheikh", posed as a wealthy film producer called Samir Khan when he met the former X Factor judge at a string of luxury hotels and restaurants, jurors have heard.

Contostavlos is on trial after allegedly boasting that she could "sort out" coca1ne for Mr Mahmood and put the reporter in touch with her rapper friend Mike GLC who supplied the Class A drug.

Giving evidence at London's Southwark Crown Court, he denied "manipulating" the 26-year-old after he told her she was being considered for a leading role in a Slumdog Millionaire-type film tipped for Oscar glory alongside possible co-star Leonardo Di Caprio.

Mr Mahmood said he discussed Contostavlos' fee for the film with her PA Gareth Varey at the Metropolitan hotel on May 10 last year.

In the video recorded in Mr Mahmood's Metropolitan hotel suite, which was played to the court, the reporter was heard asking Mr Varey if X Factor judge Simon

Cowell was gay.

Mr Varey replied: "Yes."
Mr Mahmood asked: "Have you slept with him?"
Mr Varey replied: "No."
Asked why, he answered: "I will when I make my move."
Mr Mahmood said: "How do you know he's gay?"
Mr Varey replied: "I know people who have."

Appearing in the witness box behind a screen to protect his identity, Mr Mahmood said he used "subterfuge" when he secretly recorded meetings with the ex-N-Dubz star as he attempted to establish whether she was involved in drugs.

"The motive here is in the public interest to expose criminality," he said.
Under cross-examination, Mr Mahmood denied that the reason for the expose was to create a "sensational story".
He said: "Of course, I'm a journalist and stories are what I do for a living. That's not the reason I did it."
Constostavlos's barrister Jeremy Dein QC said: "You misled her, didn't you?"

Source