Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info 4 responses to Israel justifying it's actions

To the Zionist trolls who continue bringing up their top four most absurd arguments to justify these latest atrocities:

1) "Hamas fired 1,394 rockets at Israel!"

How many rockets, missiles, tank shells, cluster bombs, white phosphorous bombs, bullets, cannons and grenades has Israel unleashed on the Palestinians? It's a sad situation and only reflective of the evident bias when you can count to the 3rd decimal point the number of Hamas projectiles but be completely clueless about Israel's arsenal.

2) "Israel is defending itself. What would you do if someone was firing rockets at your country?!"

A: If I occupied a people, placed a crippling trade and economic embargo on them, placed them under siege, humiliated them daily via military and police checkpoints, controlled their water and electricity, constructed apartheid "Jewish-only roads", shot their children, bombed their schools, mosques and businsses, illegally seized their lands, destroyed their crops, demolished their homes, threw thousands of them in dungeons and treated them like sub-humans and they fired rockets at me - I would probably stop doing all of the above.

Secondly, Israel has been mass murdering the Palestinians for over 60 years - long before any rockets were fired and long before Hamas was even in existence. So this is nothing but a fallacy designed to deflect the reality of the situation and mislead others. Finally, Israel's indiscriminate use of heavy weaponry in civilian areas is a war crime, not self defense.

3) "This is Hamas's fault, they use human shields. Israel doesn't target civilians!"

A: Excuse me, when you launch an unbridled, indiscriminate attack from warships, fighter jets, tanks, artillery and helicopters on a CIVILIAN AREA - what do you expect to find there - breakdancing hobbits? When you attack civilian areas, you kill civilians. It's not Advanced Chinese Mathematics.

Gaza is the most densley populated place on earth. It's an open air prison. So when Israel fires into these areas it is going to kill and maim people every time.

Secondly, according to the Israeli Human Rights group, Beit Selem which tracks both Israel and Palestinian deaths, dozens of children as young as 4 years old were killed with gunshot wounds to the HEAD AND CHEST. Not to mention the videos coming through showing snipers killing rescuers. Bombing ambulances and hospitals also has to be the most cowardly thing a military could do. So I'm afraid this "doesn't target civilians" statement doesn't hold up the facts.

4) "Israel is the most moral and humane army in the world. Who else calls/texts people and drops leaflets warning them to evacuate before a pending attack?"

I love this one.

"Please be notified in 5 minutes, we are going to destroy your home."

In other words, Israel publicly announces to thousands of civilians their full intent to perpetrate yet another war crime and you're asking us to somehow acknowledge this as some type of humane gesture? The gall.

How about a rapist or murderer "notify" their victims by sending them text messages/leaflets that they're coming shortly to rape and murder them - does it make it any less perverse? If this is the level of desperation Zionists and their sympathisers have stooped to, then it's little wonder public opinion is God willing, starting to turn against them.

As for "evacuating"...

Have you seen a map of Gaza? If so, could you please explain to me where the Palestinians are supposed to "evacuate" to? To the north and east, they are blocked by Israeli walls and military checkpoints. To the south is Egypt's closed crossing thanks to Israel's slave, Sissy. To the west is the Mediterranean Sea. So what do they do, swim for it and hope they can make it to Cyprus or Turkey before Israel "defends itself" again and machine guns them all in the water?

Go to a UN shelter? Wait, they tried that already TWICE - once in Qana, Lebanon and once in Gaza a few years ago and Israel "defended itself" by bombing the shelters massacring a total of 352 civilians. Add to this, Israel's naval and air forces who have killed thousands of people are constantly patrolling the areas. They are surrounded from every imaginable direction and you sit from the comfort of your sofa sipping coffee then froth at the mouth demanding they evacuate..

8 Thanks given to Robbo

ashtech (3rd August 2014),  Ganty (4th August 2014),  greens117 (3rd August 2014),  GTI (3rd August 2014),  hn120 (8th August 2014),  Over Carl (8th August 2014),  pmg68 (8th August 2014),  tombott (4th August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 4 responses to Israel justifying it's actions

They'll continue to get away with it while The USA and its cronies support it. They were spinning out the usual bullshit rhetoric again this morning, yet another meaningless "ceasefire" this time while shelling, bombing and carrying out drone attacks. Heartily sick of the murdering cunts.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks to blaggard

greens117 (3rd August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    They'll continue to get away with it while The USA and its cronies support it. They were spinning out the usual bullshit rhetoric again this morning, yet another meaningless "ceasefire" this time while shelling, bombing and carrying out drone attacks. Heartily sick of the murdering cunts.
    I'm even more sick of the spineless Prime Minister of ours who refuses to condemn Israel or warn them that there will be repercussions for the war crimes.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

Over Carl (8th August 2014),  tombott (4th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Making me sick this with the constant hand wringing and 'we are doing everything we can to avoid civilian casualties' no you are not you could stop, sick to fucking death of every politician giving the same pre-scripted response that Israel has a right to defend itself, sick to fucking death of anyone who speaks out being attacked as anti semite and supporting terrorists and the wheeling out of the holocaust card in nearly every interview.

The Gaza strip is 360 km² and is shrinking, the population is 1.816 million and shrinking and worst of all the average age of a resident is just 17 years old, they are bombing an area predominantly populated by children.

6 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

greens117 (3rd August 2014),  GTI (3rd August 2014),  Over Carl (8th August 2014),  Robbo (3rd August 2014),  supraman54 (3rd August 2014),  tombott (4th August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to consider Israel a nation of gentle, caring and compassionate people.
    Whats happening now has destroyed that. I'm not biased to either side ...
    the Israelis know what is going on but we don't even hear of them lobbying the
    people they elected to stop this.

Just my thoughts but increasingly I hear the same sentiment by so many others

I just pray for it to stop...

supe
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

Thanks to supraman54

tombott (4th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As bad as our political ruling classes are, they are still infinitely better than the quisling US establishment. Imagine if some tin pot little dictator verbally warned our PM, we'd tell him to fuck right off.. but not Israel.

Israel's Netanyahu warns U.S.: Never 'second guess me again' on Hamas

Lior Mizrahi/Getty Images

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu didn't mince words in a phone call with U.S. Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro on Friday.
    Netanyahu reportedly warned Shapiro that President Barack Obama and his administration was "not to ever second-guess me again," according to sources that
    spoke on condition of anonymity with The Associated Press.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

See even google hates the palestinians
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bald Bouncer; 4th August 2014 at 05:35 PM.

4 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

greens117 (7th August 2014),  piggzy (6th August 2014),  Robbo (4th August 2014),  tombott (4th August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attached Images Attached Images

3 Thanks given to Robbo

Bald Bouncer (4th August 2014),  blaggard (4th August 2014),  Over Carl (8th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sick to fuckin death of the cowards scared to stand up for fear of being called Anti-Semites. The Holocaust was 70 fuckin years ago, implemented by a crazy Nazi who has been dead for 70 years. Almost every race / religion or colour of people have been victims of mass murder throughout history at some stage or other to varying degrees.
    This does not give them the God given right to carry out similar atrocities on the Palestinians.
    This time it the Israeli's aiming for genocide while the world watches.
    Is the Gaza strip the new Warsaw Ghetto? No water, food, medical supplies, no way in or out. FFS!

4 Thanks given to rmj2663

Bald Bouncer (4th August 2014),  GTI (4th August 2014),  Over Carl (8th August 2014),  Robbo (4th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You've got to love Fox news.

4 Thanks given to H4ss4n

4me2 (4th August 2014),  beerman (4th August 2014),  cyprus (6th August 2014),  lfc4ever (5th August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    See even google hates the palestinians
    The BBC one is a hoax

Thanks to Robbo

Bald Bouncer (4th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    The BBC one is a hoax
    Cheers I didn't check that one but did the google one

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by H4ss4n View Post
    You've got to love Fox news.

Those clips have made me re order a book I read some years ago, Al Franken's Lies: And the lying liars who tell them (a fair and balanced look at the right)

Highly recommended reading for those who haven't.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The most and truthful man at the UN. David Patric…: http://youtu.be/fiIoAUBjT0w

This guy makes sense.

7 Thanks given to aloogobee

ashtech (6th August 2014),  Bald Bouncer (6th August 2014),  beerman (6th August 2014),  CallmeGoose (7th August 2014),  hn120 (8th August 2014),  Robbo (8th August 2014),  t00lbox (7th August 2014)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I for one have not only been a vocal campaigner for more help for the Palestinian people, I have also donated money to help people too. I think its disgusting whats happening and the world should kick in and send the un to gaza to stop this indiscriminate butchering of kids and women
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

on a side note, there was a demo in wakefield the other day from mainly Asians protesting to help the palastinians, what shocked me was the lack of white people there. what shocked me more was the edl brigade which turned up and started ranting to gain media attention. stupid idiots.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've never been a fan of this lady, but now I am.

Lady Warsi resigns over UK’s ‘morally indefensible’ stance on Gaza

Foreign Office minister announces on Twitter that she is standing down because she can no longer support government policy

• Lady Warsi’s resignation letter - in full
    David Cameron’s reply
    • Lady Warsi: an uncomfortable fit with Tory ranks
    Patrick Wintour and Rowena Mason

The Guardian, Tuesday 5 August 2014 18.01 BST

Lady Warsi has resigned saying: ‘I can no longer support government policy on Gaza’. Photograph: Lee Thomas/Zuma Press/Corbis

Sayeeda Warsi, the senior Foreign Office minister, has resigned from the government in protest at its policy on Gaza, describing it as “morally indefensible”.
    Lady Warsi announced her departure on Twitter on Tuesday, saying: “With deep regret I have this morning written to the Prime Minister & tendered my resignation. I can no longer support Govt policy on #Gaza.”
    In her resignation letter, Warsi said the government’s “approach and language during the current crisis in Gaza is morally indefensible, is not in Britain’s national interest and will have a long term detrimental impact on our reputation internationally and domestically”.
    She said the UK’s stance was “not consistent with the rule of law and our long support for international justice”, adding: “The British government can only play a constructive role in solving the Middle East crisis if it is an honest broker and at the moment I do not think it is.”
    The chancellor, George Osborne, hit back immediately, saying her decision was unnecessary and insisting that ministers were committed to working to secure peace in the region. “This a disappointing and frankly unnecessary decision,” he said. “The British government is working with others in the world to bring peace to Gaza and we do now have a tentative ceasefire which we all hope will hold.”
    David Cameron was more emollient, writing in his reply to Warsi’s letter that he realised “this must not have been an easy decision for you to make”, and adding: “I understand your strength of feeling on the current crisis in the Middle East – the situation in Gaza is intolerable.”
    The prime minister said the government’s position on Israel and the Palestinians was clear: “Our policy has always been consistently clear: we support a negotiated two-state solution as the only way to resolve this conflict once and for all and to allow Israelis and Palestinians to live safely in peace. “Of course, we believe that Israel has the right to defend itself. But we have consistently made clear our grave concerns about the heavy toll of civilian casualties and have called on Israel to exercise restraint, and to find ways to bring this fighting to an end. As part of that, we have consistently called for an immediate and unconditional humanitarian ceasefire.”
    Ed Miliband said Warsi had acted with “principle and integrity” and he urged Cameron to re-think his position. “I hope that David Cameron will reflect on what she says in her resignation letter and change his approach,” he told BBC News. “He needs to break his silence and say that Israel’s actions have been unjustified and indefensible. He needs to show that he can be even-handed and, without fear or favour, argue for the long-term solution that we need to this tragic conflict.”
    In an interview with the Huffington Post, Warsi said: “Our position not to recognise Palestinian statehood at the UN in November 2012 placed us on the wrong side of history and is something I deeply regret not speaking out against at the time.”
    The Tory peer said that, having now stood down, she wanted to “speak more freely” on the issue and her first demand after handing in her resignation letter was for the UK to introduce an arms embargo against Israel. “It appals me that the British government continues to allow the sale of weapons to a country, Israel, that has killed almost 2,000 people, including hundreds of kids, in the past four weeks alone. The arms exports to Israel must stop.”
    In a further interview with Channel 4 News, Warsi suggested Cameron had been “mealy-mouthed” over his refusal to say Israel’s actions had been disproportionate.
    “I think for me, it’s morally indefensible where after four weeks of a conflict – more than a quarter of the Gazan population displaced, nearly 2,000 people killed, nearly 400 innocent children killed – we still cannot find the words to say we condemn this and we feel this action has been disproportionate. These issues are far too serious for us to have been mealy-mouthed and for us to be dragging our heels.”
    Warsi was known to have been unhappy with Cameron’s failure to unequivocally condemn Israel’s incursion into Gaza or the mounting death toll. On Monday, the prime minister’s spokesman refused to say if Israel was behaving disproportionately or doing enough to prevent civilian casualties. Warsi has been increasingly critical of Israel’s behaviour. She recently tweeted: “Can people stop trying to justify the killing of children. Whatever our politics there can never be justification, surely only regret.”
    Following criticism about the timing of her resignation – on the 29th day of the conflict and after a ceasefire had been announced – Warsi spoke to the BBC to say: “Over the last four weeks, I have done everything that I can both at formal meetings and informal meetings trying to convince my colleagues that our current policy on Gaza is morally indefensible, that it’s not in our interests, it’s not in British interests and that it will have consequences for us both internationally and here at home.
    “In the end, for us I felt the government’s position was not moving and therefore I had to on a point of principle resign.”
    Warsi became the first Muslim to sit in the cabinet when she was made Conservative party co-chair by Cameron after the 2010 general election. She was subsequently moved to the post of minister of state at the Foreign Office and minister for faith and communities in the prime minister’s 2012 reshuffle – a move widely regarded as a demotion.
    Cameron is due to fly to Portugal on Tuesday morning to rejoin his family on holiday after attending first world war commemorations in the UK, France and Belgium.
    There was a high-level campaign to remove Warsi before last month’s reshuffle, particularly after she appeared on ITV’s The Agenda and posed with a mock front page about the “Eton Mess” at the top of the government. Warsi is known to be keeping a diary and there have been fears she will publish it before the election in an effort to expose the upper-class coterie in Cameron’s inner circle.
    Her resignation also threatened to reveal disagreement within the Tory party over Israel. The London mayor, Boris Johnson, responded to Warsi’s resignation by saying it was very sad when any government minister stood down. “I think she will be back as soon as possible. My view as mayor of London is that it is not the function of the mayor to get deeply embroiled in this,” he said on LBC radio’s Ask Boris phone-in.
    He added that events in Gaza were “utterly horrifying and unacceptable”, but said “there is no point in politicians getting in a bidding war about issuing the most frenzied denunciation of what is going on”. Referring to the Israeli bombing, Johnson said: “I cannot for the life of me see why this is a sensible strategy. It is not my function to arbitrate or adjudicate in this matter – I am a passionate supporter of Israel. I cannot for the life of me see the purpose of this. It is disproportionate, ugly and tragic and will not do Israel any good in the long run.”
    Nick Clegg said it was “no secret there are differences of opinions and emphases” in the government in relation to Gaza. Speaking at an event on immigration, he said: “Sayeeda Warsi clearly feels very strongly about this and has explained it to the prime minister in her own words. I believe it is right for Britain to be unambiguous in our condemnation of Hamas’s indiscriminate firing of rockets but also very forceful and outspoken about Israel. The bombing of three UN schools is a complete outrage.”
    Asked whether Cameron had been critical enough of Israel’s actions, Clegg said it was up to the prime minister to speak for himself. “Clearly the prime minister and I take different views on this and we always have done.”
    Clegg made it clear he would not be following Warsi and resigning over the issue, saying he agreed with government’s position in favour of “peace rather than conflict and a ceasefire rather than violence”.

Source

-Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I STILL don't like her, was her expenses 'scandal' ever resolved? she faced three separate enquiries at one point . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I STILL don't like her, was her expenses 'scandal' ever resolved? she faced three separate enquiries at one point . .
    She was cleared of the charges, otherwise there is no way she would have stayed in Government.
    If anything, the fact that it has made Cameron and his cabal of inbred Eton cohorts uncomfortable is enough of a reason for me to like her. Also she keeps a diary, so it will be very interesting to read what goes on at the upper echelons of the Conservative party (if she publishes them of course).
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Although I don't like spreading propaganda for any of the sides. The stats are correct

2 Thanks given to aloogobee

Ginnerfreak (6th August 2014),  Robbo (8th August 2014)  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast