Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Tech Three inTouch - Calls (and texts) to & from your three phone over wifi

I've not heard about this app until today. The reason for me calling Three technical support was to blag a 3 Home Signal which is a device that connects a Three phone to their network using broadband.

Anyway, Three inTouch is their app for connecting iPhones (not 4) and Android phones to their network over wifi. This is really useful if you live in a house with a low mobile signal (or no signal) and sometimes miss calls.

It's easy to set up. Download & install it, then disable wifi and open the application. Accept the terms & conditions and then click activate. Job done. on iPhone disable mobile data when in the house, then enable it when leaving.

I can't test the app because I get a decent signal at home, but family and friends live in marginal areas. In particular I recommended three to my parents because of the excellent 321 pay as you go service, but their signal isn't really reliable enough due to the transmitter location.

Obviously more or less everyone reading this on here will already use apps for messaging like whatsapp, but this Three inTouch is going to be great for receiving and making calls.

Here's some info: http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Three_inTouch?site=d

Cheers
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

4 Thanks given to beansontoast

Ashley (13th August 2014),  blaggard (13th August 2014),  Over Carl (13th August 2014),  Rhinoz (14th August 2014)