Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Cliff Richard's home searched over alleged sex offenses !

Police are searching Sir Cliff Richard's home in connection with a sex offence allegation dating back to the 1980s in Sheffield - which the singer has dismissed as "completely false".
    South Yorkshire Police officers have gained entry to the star's private art deco estate in the Sunningdale area of Berkshire and arrived there without any warning.
    A search warrant was granted after a historical claim of a sexual nature was made involving a boy who was under the age of 16 at the time.
    No-one has been arrested and the owner of the property was not present, the force said.
    Police are searching the singer's home in Sunningdale, BerkshireSpeaking out as officers continued to search his home, Sir Cliff said: "For many months I have been aware of allegations against me of historic impropriety which have been circulating online. The allegations are completely false."
    "Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen.
    "However, the police attended my apartment in Berkshire today without notice, except it would appear to the press.
    "I am not presently in the UK but it goes without saying that I will co-operate fully should the police wish to speak to me.
    "Beyond stating that today's allegation is completely false it would not be appropriate to say anything further until the police investigation has concluded," added the 73-year-old, who was knighted in 1995.
    Sir Cliff performing at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert in 2012Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said Sir Cliff was not warned about the search by officers, who have removed several items from the singer's house.
    "Police say they didn't have to break in. They were let in by, presumably, somebody who is looking after the house," he said.
    "Last week, Sir Cliff was at his home in Portugal where he held a concert at his wine estate.
    "He owns a vast property there with a vineyard where he produces wine.
    "We don't know if he is still there, but he has said in the past that he spends his summers in Portugal and his winters in Barbados, where he owns another property.
    The star last week at his Portugal concert. Pic:Len Port/Algarve Newswatch"Police have given very few details of the allegation, but I am told it is said to have happened in Sheffield.
    "They do suggest that more information will be given if a suspect is arrested.
    "One other thing to point out is that this isn't part of Scotland Yard's investigation into historic sex crimes - Operation Yewtree - launched in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal.
    "Whether the initial allegation was made to the Metropolitan Police and passed on to South Yorkshire, that's a possibility. But this is very much a South Yorkshire Police investigation," he added.
    Sir Cliff was born Harry Webb in Lucknow, India, in 1940. His hits include Summer Holiday and The Young Ones.

Source http://news.sky.com/story/1318591/cl...over-sex-claim

Thanks to piggzy

baggy13 (14th August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cliff Richard's home searched over alleged sex offenses !

Always though he was a ped0 to be honest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He has a point about the fact that the press seem to know when and where these raids are tacking place. Should be a law against that imho. It is not the business of the police to alert the press when they are basically doing their job. As for the allegation - bot overly surprised but that does not make him guilty, just shows my ignorance really to be fair.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sling all celebs from the 70s and 80s into jail, much cheaper
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sick and tired of trial by media, sick of it on FaceBook and it seems there is no escape here either.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

8 Thanks given to blaggard

AD (15th August 2014),  B B Leo (15th August 2014),  Bald Bouncer (15th August 2014),  beansontoast (14th August 2014),  DavidF (14th August 2014),  Ganty (15th August 2014),  prezzy (14th August 2014),  Zoots (14th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Sick and tired of trial by media, sick of it on FaceBook and it seems there is no escape here either.
    Completely agree however in this case it would be nice not to have a Christmas song from the creepy cunt this year

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck all that Xmas shite that's dragged up whenever Richards' music is mentioned. What a load of crap.

Of course he plays to a specific audience these days but the bloke tore the absolute SHIT out of the British music scene in the late 50's & the early/mid 60's.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Fuck all that Xmas shite that's dragged up whenever Richards' music is mentioned. What a load of crap.

Of course he plays to a specific audience these days but the bloke tore the absolute SHIT out of the British music scene in the late 50's & the early/mid 60's.
    I appreciate your viewpoint but I feel 'Sir' Cliff Richards has always been talented at cashing in on cheese & cliches
    He is talented at making money, not talented at being talented , he is a fraud and a very good entrepreneur ( but a twat nonetheless )

Thanks
    Karma Level

Interesting article tonight involving Jill Dando and how she was about to pull the the plug on cliff and several others.. The chap who was banged up for it who was released cos he was innocent will not be paid compensation!! Higher people in British establishment were in the know and wanted it all kept quiet... Heard it here first.. Google has more info
    If you can't run with the big dogs, stay in the porch!!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Old newwws M8

Quote Originally Posted by k11jrp View Post
    Heard it here first.. Google has more info

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by k11jrp View Post
    Interesting article tonight involving Jill Dando and how she was about to pull the the plug on cliff and several others.. The chap who was banged up for it who was released cos he was innocent will not be paid compensation!! Higher people in British establishment were in the know and wanted it all kept quiet... Heard it here first.. Google has more info
    Been doing the rounds since dando was shot tbh. Especially on the likes of David Icke site ect. Not saying that there may not be some truths in all of what's said as time goes on we are seeing some very disturbing stuff come into the open. BUT conspiracies are just that until either proved or at least someone goes to court/police and points the finger and says YOU/HE/SHE did this to me or in front of me. That is when a conspiracy transfers over to reality imho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quite right... I know it's old news but still imho makes an interesting read. I think a lot more will come out in years to come...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    A trustworthy friend of mine said that way back in the day that cliff used to rent a large cruiser on the norfolk broads and take cub scouts trips on the broads.
    Nothing dodgy implied, much
    LS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck me, not Cliff. I can't believe this gentle, god fearing iconic peter pan of pop could possibly be a cross dressing pervert with a penchant for young boys. Please god, please say it ain't so.

Thanks to CzarJunkie

mij (15th August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I appreciate your viewpoint but I feel 'Sir' Cliff Richards has always been talented at cashing in on cheese & cliches
    He is talented at making money, not talented at being talented , he is a fraud and a very good entrepreneur ( but a twat nonetheless )
    Full of shit, he is actually a pretty good singer, a better musician than most of the talentless cunts milking the Industry dry today, he actually EARNED his career and not just in the 50's 60' but in the late 70's when he had the likes of Terry Britten writing for him. As far as this current bullshit goes all we have is a leak to the press as usual then all you witch hunting cunts jumping on the bandwagon, fucking disgusting.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hope you prove us wrong mate, no one wants it to be true. otherwise I'm happy to get the egg off your face. Lol 😂

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cliffy has always been a strange one, if he's bent, straight I don't give a rats arse but he may have skeletons in his cupboard that will haunt him.

Time will tell.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bang to rights mi son

Thanks
    Karma Level

I started doing some reading last night after seeing this thread. I coming across 'Elm House' which led to a documentary called 'Nightmare at Elm House', and then a message in response to that by Anonymous.

If there is any truth in any of it, it's horrible, scary stuff. I don't know which is worse, that some of it potentially runs as high as previous senior leaders of the country and also the security services [the old Special Branch], or the things they are supposed to have done.

Various so-called 'abuse dossiers' which have magically disappeared and are being swept under the carpet makes my skin crawl. The current government don't seem to be manging it very well either since it started doing the round in recent weeks. Reading about some of the old MPs who got into trouble for abusing young [but over age] men, it sounds like a fair bit of it was swept under the carpet back then as well.

I don't know what to make of a lot of it all yet to be honest, I'd never heard of a lot of this stuff before as I was born in the eighties.

For the record, I don't know what to think of the Cliff Richard situation at the moment. No one knows what he's supposed to have done yet. One interesting thing I have discovered about him is that he has given up his UK passport and is officially a citizen of Barbados which provides him with certain tax benefits. And whilst the media says he is in Portugal, it doesn't look like there is a full extradition treaty in place between the UK and Barbados.

There have been some reports by the media this afternoon other people have been contacting the police since his house was searched. I can't help get the feeling that as soon as something like this happens, the vultures start circling round.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't like being cynical, but 'historic sex offences' have been the primary headline in the news for two fcuking years now.....and I honestly wonder how much other news has been buried during this time.