I'm trying to re-programme a Nissan Micra remote car key. There are a few sites that all seem to have the same method described ...
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
Well, it all falls down at step 3 as it never flashes the warning lights, nor does it seem to have entered programming mode as if I then carry out the remaining steps the key remains resolutely un-programmed.
Those nice people at my local Nissan main dealers want to charge me £105.00 for doing it (why, if it is as simple as the interwebbynet says it is?) so I'm somewhat anxious to succeed with a D-i-Y solution if at all possible!
If it is indeed a complex job not doable by mere mortals such as myself, can anyone recommend a good alternative and cheaper programmer based either in South Manchester, North East Cheshire or Anglesey?
Many thanks in advance.