Hi All,

After 6 years being an iOS user I took the plunge and got myself a Lg G3 yesterday.

This is my first ever Android handset and if I'm being honest, this is more of a trial to see if I can get away with it, or get rid and get the next iPhone when it comes out.
My plan is to try this (on a lesser contract) and if i can't get away with it, sell this and my iPhone 5s to fund the next iPhone. If I end up liking it, ill just sell the iPhone and pocket the cash.

I'm not really going to root the device unless there is a good reason to do so that I'm missing?

So far I'm finding things ok, the screen is amazing, better than anything I've seen in terms of clarity, really puts the retina display to shame.
I have most of the apps I use on my iPhone on it, and am finding it quite interesting to use.

As I have been an iOS user for 6 years all my contacts are in iCloud and I use my iCloud e-mail as my primary one. Needed to export my contacts as a v-card to google and sync them that way, and I use the amazing Mailbox app for my iCloud e-mail.
Other things I'm missing at the moment are photo stream, iTunes Match and Airplay. I have signed up for Google Play and am currently uploading my iTunes library to it so I'm hoping this will replace match (all be it i can't upload 6000 tacks as its over my limit!)

I have found some weird workflows that i would expect to be a little better

For example, when clicking a link on the twitter app for a youtube video, it will launch a browser, then ask how I want to open the video, then after selecting youtube it will open the Youtube app and play. Once I'm done there is no way to get back to twitter other than app switching. Is this right? Or am I missing something completely here? In iOS the video opens in the twitter app, plays and takes me back to the twitter app if i hit the X

The only other thing thats worrying me is the battery life on this thing, i have nfc, bluetooth both turned off and also have the screen brightness down to 70% but in the last 3 hours i have used 26% battery, but haven't really been using the phone that much! I can't see this lasting me the whole day like my iPhone does? Is this right? or do I need to give the battery a few days to settle down and get its true full charge capacity and performance after a charge or 3?

Cheers

Scottio