Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: George Galloway's 'Jaw Broken' In Street Attack

We could do with at least 600 more MPs just like him, shame on the idiot that did this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Because its nobody's business except his, the last time I checked Britain has freedom of religion. There is of course a vicious Zionist campaign to discredit and smear him using any means possible ( remember the oil for food scandal and the phoney docs which the Americans 'conveniently' found in bombed out Iraq ministries).
    His adopted religion is surely not a shameful secret?

He has an appeal to the Islamic communities starting with Tower Hamlets and now Bradford is known. He's been referred to as a Catholic in the media and that this might not have hurt his chances with the working-class white vote.

In other words he's deceiving those voter's who would not vote for him knowing his true religious opinions.

Saying it's nobody's business is saying no one has a right to know who they are voting for.

My opinion is he's a sly character who fits the role of an mp perfectly, why some of you look upto this outspoken prick I can only guess is down to his bully boy outspoken tactics or you feel sorry for him because the media give him a hard time, I don't agree with the media giving anyone a hard time but with him he only brings it on himself.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoz View Post
    His adopted religion is surely not a shameful secret?

He has an appeal to the Islamic communities starting with Tower Hamlets and now Bradford is known. He's been referred to as a Catholic in the media and that this might not have hurt his chances with the working-class white vote.

In other words he's deceiving those voter's who would not vote for him knowing his true religious opinions.

Saying it's nobody's business is saying no one has a right to know who they are voting for.

My opinion is he's a sly character who fits the role of an mp perfectly, why some of you look upto this outspoken prick I can only guess is down to his bully boy outspoken tactics or you feel sorry for him because the media give him a hard time, I don't agree with the media giving anyone a hard time but with him he only brings it on himself.
    Perhaps he fears the reaction of bigots, and who can blame him?
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

piggzy (31st August 2014),  plug1 (31st August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    One of the cleverest games of all - provoke a response out of any rational person. Then if they even begin to debate something may be wrong, apply a label to them to make them seem as evil as Hitler.

Why should we have a special word for racism against Jewish people? Why should this be considered worse than any other form of racism?

Hopefully if they carry on playing that card at every opportunity there will be no meaning left to the phrase Anti-Semitism.
    The really ironic part is that Arabs are Semites too. . . .

I'm a fan of George, the way he stood up to the yanks in the Senate hearing was just fantastic, worth watching the whole thing as he made them look stupid and small..... oh yes and corrupt!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

3 Thanks given to blaggard

DavidF (31st August 2014),  GTI (31st August 2014),  Mule (31st August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Arrogant ?
    Opportunist ?
    Milk the media ?
    That is the job of a spokesman/politician/mp ect ect ect
    Supports a cause with a vengeance and fury that few people can ever display nor match. He tells you HIS views and rarely lets anyone get a word in edgeways. A verbal bully if you like. Personally I like the man, Don't agree with all his views on everything. But I will say this - His opinions through time have vindicated him when you witness events on the ground so to speak. His speeches often contain historical references and when they do he can demonstrate how/what/when where his facts come from.
    The trouble with GG is he is far too clever for "them" to be successful with the usual smears and dirty tricks. Far too loud and outspoken to let them silence him.
    Love him or hate him you ALL know his name and who he is and what he supports. As said elsewhere in this thread we would be a far better country with 300 of him in the commons.

4 Thanks given to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (31st August 2014),  blaggard (31st August 2014),  elephantsoup (31st August 2014),  GTI (31st August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoz View Post
    I can't stand his arrogance either, also why won't he answer questions about his religious beliefs?
    In Scotland religion can lose you a lot of votes .

Thanks
    Karma Level

All politicians sidestep questions on religious beliefs as it is normally if not always a question posed with an ulterior motive with an agenda as is the case with Galloway.

I often disagree with his beliefs and views on politics within the UK but very rarely disagree with his views on the Arab world with history showing he has been correct on many occasions predicting the outcome of actions and lack of action, if the fact some people may perceive him as arrogant, ignorant, loud, outspoken means they disregard what he say's or the validity of what he is saying really say's more about that person and they are more affected by the message deliverer than if the message is valid or not. I can understand people not liking Galloway he is obviously not everyones cup of tea but what I don't understand is to dismiss what he say's because of it.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

DavidF (31st August 2014),  piggzy (31st August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I certainly don't dismiss all that he says. What I do take issue with is how he steamrollers all people trying to question him. He comes across as an arrogant bully and not everything he says is true. When people attempt to mention things which I'm sure he realises himself are not true he comes down on them with a sledgehammer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe the people doing it are just like the ira and extremist groups he fawns over and are not assaulting him they are just freedom fighters .

Thanks
    Karma Level

A very good point, it most probably would have been designated a terrorist attack

"You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

there is a flip side of that coin GTI.

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    there is a flip side of that coin GTI.

Why should Muslims be apologists for the actions of a criminal Pakistani gang who happened to be Muslim (but not acting in the name of Islam)? Its like we are saying that being law abiding citizens is not enough to live in this country, you also have to get out on the streets and protest for every scumbag action being perpetrated by other Muslims. Does that not strike you as quintessentially racist? did the Australian Ambassador apologise to the the British people for the actions of Rolf Harris? were the Irish in Kilburn expected to march down Edgware Rd everytime there was an IRA attack to show how repulsed they were by it?

I don't believe in guilt by association, because all it does is create a 'them and us' mentality. For better or worse we have inherited a multi-cultural, multi-racial society and since thats not going to change anytime soon, the best strategy we have is to better integrate all races and religions into our society so that going to the police when something goes wrong is the first, rather than the last resort.
    -Benjamin Franklin

4 Thanks given to GTI

Bald Bouncer (3rd September 2014),  DavidF (3rd September 2014),  elephantsoup (4th September 2014),  ibobsy (4th September 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by diablos View Post
    Maybe the people doing it are just like the ira and extremist groups he fawns over and are not assaulting him they are just freedom fighters .
    He doesn't fawn over them, he certainly speaks out for them but also against when deserved. . . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

If anyone thinks that multi millionaire George Galloway is in politics for any other reason than to line his own pockets, boost his own ego and fuel his narcissistic tendencies then I think your probably mistaken. IMO he is another politician who has never had a real job but lives handsomely off his rhetoric, sale of books, public speaking, support of his followers. He found a cash cow in middle east rhetoric and its served him and his wallet well. He was a catholic when he thought it would get him votes he is now a Muslim to get votes and support for his books, and public speaking fees.

However I do agree with many of his comments about Palestine and the middle east. But why wouldn't I, his job is to state a good point. Unless your racist, bigoted, narrow minded or believe the content of the daily mail!! I also believe that there is and has been for a long time a smear campaign in the press against him.

I also think that the way he represented himself to the US senate was an astounding display of intelligence and oratorship. As stated earlier, if you haven't seen it then please watch it.

I actually like Mr Galloway but I am far from the belief that he has a higher purpose than self gratification.

Thanks to Ginnerfreak

Geko (5th September 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnerfreak View Post
    If anyone thinks that multi millionaire George Galloway is in politics for any other reason than to line his own pockets, boost his own ego and fuel his narcissistic tendencies then I think your probably mistaken. IMO he is another politician who has never had a real job but lives handsomely off his rhetoric, sale of books, public speaking, support of his followers. He found a cash cow in middle east rhetoric and its served him and his wallet well. He was a catholic when he thought it would get him votes he is now a Muslim to get votes and support for his books, and public speaking fees.

However I do agree with many of his comments about Palestine and the middle east. But why wouldn't I, his job is to state a good point. Unless your racist, bigoted, narrow minded or believe the content of the daily mail!! I also believe that there is and has been for a long time a smear campaign in the press against him.

I also think that the way he represented himself to the US senate was an astounding display of intelligence and oratorship. As stated earlier, if you haven't seen it then please watch it.

I actually like Mr Galloway but I am far from the belief that he has a higher purpose than self gratification.

Totally agree with you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey,

Regardless of the reasoning, he did not deserve to have his Jaw Broken and be physically attacked.
    It's not like he has gone around abusing children etc..

It is sad that we live in an age where people believe that it is justifiable to harm other humans over such things...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12