Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sky News George Galloway's 'Jaw Broken' In Street Attack

George Galloway's 'Jaw Broken' In Street Attack

The Respect MP was posing for pictures in London when he was allegedly attacked by a man who shouted comments about the Holocaust.

A photograph released by the Respect Party on Twitter after the attack

George Galloway has been taken to hospital suffering a suspected broken jaw after he was allegedly attacked on a London street.
    The Respect MP was posing for photographs in Goldborne Road, Notting Hill, when a man shouted comments about the Holocaust before attacking him.
    A spokesman for Mr Galloway told Sky News the Bradford West MP suffered a suspected broken jaw, a suspected broken rib, and severe bruising to his face and head.
    He was taken to St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, but he is thought to have left the hospital on Saturday morning.
    The spokesman said: "George was posing for pictures with people and this guy just attacked him, leapt on him and started punching him.
    "It appears to be connected with his comments about Israel because the guy was shouting about the Holocaust."
    Police arrested one man at the scene. The man was taken to a police station in south London, where he remains.

A supporter wipes Mr Galloway's face after an egg was thrown at him in 2012

"Police were called at approximately 1940 hours this evening to Golborne Road, W10, after a man was assaulted in the street," a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said.
    "Officers attended. The suspect was found a short time later and stopped. He was arrested on suspicion of ABH and taken to a south London police station where he remains."
    Mr Galloway has caused controversy in the past by making comments about Israel.
    In 2013 he was accused of racism when he walked out of a debate at Oxford University after discovering his opponent was Israeli.
    "I have been misled, sorry," he said, adding: "I don't recognise Israel and I don't debate with Israelis."
    In 2008 a man was arrested and cautioned by police after Mr Galloway was hit with a rubber stress ball as he was campaigning in an open-top bus in London.
    In 2012 a protester tried to pelt Mr Galloway with eggs following his by-election victory in West Bradford.

http://news.sky.com/story/1327097/ge...-street-attack
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: George Galloway's 'Jaw Broken' In Street Attack

I wonder how long it will be before the opportunist cunt starts milking this for all he can.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Get well soon Mr Galloway.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to GTI

Bald Bouncer (30th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Read some disgusting Twitter comments on this last night condoning this attack on a 60 year old man because be speaks out on the atrocities committed by Israel on Palestinian and because the controlled media has systematically pumped anti Galloway propaganda to the people meaning there was also dead brained sheep comments on there. A mixture of people who deny everything he say's because they blindly support Israel and people who have never actually listened to or read what he has said past the selective out of context quotes the media publish to push the pro Israel agenda.

11 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Show/Hide list of the thanked

beerman (30th August 2014),  billynoguts (31st August 2014),  blaggard (30th August 2014),  corskey (30th August 2014),  CzarJunkie (30th August 2014),  DavidF (31st August 2014),  elephantsoup (30th August 2014),  GTI (30th August 2014),  Over Carl (30th August 2014),  poopooman (30th August 2014),  prezzy (30th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

He has his beliefs and opinions like we all have, and regardless of whether you agree or disagree with them he gets his points across very well and for some dick to resort to this just shows them up for the simple thug they are. I tend to think it's his attitude/ personality regarding the way he makes his points that piss a lot of people off, Not what he actually says but the two are easily confused with some people. Thing is, just because many people believe he's full of shit doesn't make it true, they are just sheep following the rhetoric of the media.

That annoys me really, too many people go for personality in politics rather than real substance.

Personally, I like his style.

Thanks to burner1

Thanks
    Karma Level

George Galloway hasn't committed any crime with his comments. To beat a pensioner so severely that his jaw is broken, definitely is.

2 Thanks given to Geko

plug1 (30th August 2014),  ViSaGe (1st September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really like George Galloway. He is not scared to speak out about what he believes in even if it's unpopular or vote losing. He is just about the best debater in the house and our political system is a stronger one for having him in it. Even if you don't agree with his views, there's no denying that.

Get well soon George.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

5 Thanks given to maltloaf

Ashley (30th August 2014),  Bald Bouncer (30th August 2014),  ibobsy (31st August 2014),  plug1 (30th August 2014),  prezzy (30th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Love him or hate him this is an assault on a 60 yo man. Guilty party should be prosecuted to the full. Idiot. Enuf said. Anyone who backs violence against him displays a lack of intelligence imho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another Fan of Mr Galloway. The thing that pisses me off here before it even happens is the extremely lenient sentence the twat will get if any.
    Main Stream Media will no doubt focus in comments by Galloway in a negative light and the thoughts of him being attacked will take a back seat

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm pissing against the wind here but I think he is a an opportunistic cunt and I think the guy that snotted him should be given a medal.

I like watching him argue and he can certainly do it well but I hate his arrogance.

To be honest I'm really surprised it has taken this long as I'd have expected him to be surrounded by security.

Thanks to 4me2

Zippeyrude (30th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

What pisses me off is every time the BBC mention the story they have to say Mr Galloway was interviewed under caution by police earlier this month over remarks he made about Israel for example http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28998607 as if that is a valid reason, sick to fucking death of the majority Jewish controlled media and propaganda so no doubt that makes me anti semitic, just lucky I'm not someone famous or influencial as they would now set about destroying me and having me charged for these comments.

Thanks
    Karma Level

One thing about George , he says and does what he wants and voices HIS opinion .
    regardless if you agree with what he says , you have to admire his integrity .

Thanks
    Karma Level

If this was a Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem MP there would be hell to pay, the perpetrator would be sent to Guantanamo via rendition! However these MPs can lie, steal, cheat the system they run and no one runs up to one and kicks the living shit out of them!

Galloway is one of the very few brave enough to stand up to TPTB and tell them they are bang out of order, if he is opportunist I was there were more opportunist MPs out there.

ancojo
    Last edited by ancojo; 31st August 2014 at 08:23 PM.

2 Thanks given to ancojo

GTI (30th August 2014),  Over Carl (30th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    I'm pissing against the wind here but I think he is a an opportunistic cunt and I think the guy that snotted him should be given a medal.
    I could reply that the guy who attacked him should be brutally killed for helping to perpetuate Israeli/Zionist terrorism, and anyone who gets any more Israeli/Zionist terrorists or their supporters should be rewarded depending on the severity of the injuries inflicted but that would not really be asking for a productive debate.

I hope the perpetrator receives a sentence similar to someone who would commit a similar level of violence against an elderly Jewish person in a racially motivated attack would receive.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 30th August 2014 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

On a lighter note those words "I'll be the cat" always haunt me.

He gets assaulted yet Tony Blair still looks like he's got all his teeth intact, crazy world.

Thanks to Chubbs

Zoots (30th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    sick to fucking death of the majority Jewish controlled media and propaganda so no doubt that makes me anti semitic
    One of the cleverest games of all - provoke a response out of any rational person. Then if they even begin to debate something may be wrong, apply a label to them to make them seem as evil as Hitler.

Why should we have a special word for racism against Jewish people? Why should this be considered worse than any other form of racism?

Hopefully if they carry on playing that card at every opportunity there will be no meaning left to the phrase Anti-Semitism.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 31st August 2014 at 02:29 AM. Reason: wrote prove instead of provoke

Thanks to Over Carl

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree that he is an opportunist.

Thanks
    Karma Level

An MP with similar views to Galloway is Jeremy Corbyn, a staunch supporter of the Palestinians and one of the rebel Labour MPs against the war in Iraq. Although smart, articulate and unwavering the difference is he is relatively quietly spoken, and so does not get Gallway's media exposure.

i would therefore argue that Galloway needs to be brash, arrogant, witty and opportunistic to deal with the media circus and deliver his deadly rhetorical messages. I know for a fact that when it comes to Palestine, he is as sincere as they get. He does a huge amount quietly and without fuss, sometimes speaking to rooms or student unions of only a handful of people all over the country. We once invited him to speak at our uni, and when we tried to offer him his train fare expenses he asked that we donate it to charity.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't stand his arrogance either, also why won't he answer questions about his religious beliefs?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoz View Post
    I can't stand his arrogance either, also why won't he answer questions about his religious beliefs?
    Because its nobody's business except his, the last time I checked Britain has freedom of religion. There is of course a vicious Zionist campaign to discredit and smear him using any means possible ( remember the oil for food scandal and the phoney docs which the Americans 'conveniently' found in bombed out Iraq ministries).
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to GTI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast