Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Online Bingo Scammers

My missus plays bingo online on Wink Bingo (http://www.winkbingo.com) and has done for nearly 4 years. (Yes, all left here nicely for Google to index!)

Sunday she was a little bored and amused herself playing it for a little while. She deposited £10, like she always does (at least every other day) and wins £100. Great! She leaves £40 in to gamble with and withdrew £60 to the bank. Now, these winnings are in Limbo and not clearing, so this morning decided to ring a Wink Bingo representative that calls himself Barry.

Barry, while on the phone, decided he was going to be as a helpful as a chocolate teapot and has informed my missus she needs to post proof that she is who she says she is. He was rude, arrogant and just kept repeating 'have you read the terms and conditions'? Without even listening to anything the missus was saying. Butting into everything she was saying.

Asking to speak to a Manager, was told to email a request and wait upto 48hrs for a call back.
    Apparently, there was no manager present because 'the managers do not work the same as what we do' according to Barry...?!!?

This was never a problem when withdrawing money from the account, which I would guess almost £3,000 has been given to them in the past 3-4 years, she has also won before and the withdrawal was not a problem.

As soon as the tables are turned and money has to be paid out, more verification details are needed like a photocopy of a passport needs posting to them to verify you are who you say you are - this has been done, but she omitted her Passport number and was rejected by them.

What type of total bullshit is this and are these complete wankers allowed to do this? I've warned her against these types of online cunts before, but she enjoys the odd gamble so just let it go.

Today, it's come to a head and we're wondering if anything can be done to Bridgend/Cassava to make them suffer. I'm thinking of perhaps the gambling commission getting involved for there unreasonable ways of dealing with their (mostly women) clients.

The worrying thing is how many other people they have ripped off completely and got away with it with these antics.

It's not about the £60, it's the principal and the fact they could be doing this to thousands of clients every single day.
    Last edited by DejaVu; 4th September 2014 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Online Bingo Scammers

This is very common mate with all online gambling sites I have had it a few times and it's pointless arguing as they just say the law forces them to do it to try and combat money laundering.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

DejaVu (4th September 2014),  Detector (9th September 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm afraid you reap what you sow, harsh but true. Just keep on at them, is there an ombudsman for this?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks to blaggard

DejaVu (4th September 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Doesn't seem like it.
    This is an interesting read and I cannot believe these places are getting away with it.

http://playingbingo.co.uk/online-bin...lems/index.php

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

All gambling places are the same, I have had numerous bad experiences with them not playing fair. I have had a friend place a full cover bet on the horses, they all came in but on one of the lines he had accidentally put one wrong detail (can't remember if it was the track or meeting time but the remaining details such as name of the horse were still correct). They refused to pay out even though it was obviously a mistake. Had his bet lost and he tried to get a refund because the line was incorrect they would have told him to get lost.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Most are based offshore with no rules protecting you, I got dicked on a poker site for a few hundred.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

king.com was one of the worst in my experience my son and wife had an account with them a good few years ago they were fine while they were taking your money but as soon as they had to pay out they looked for any excuse to avoid paying
    the excuse they used when my wife had won just over a 100 quid was 2 members were using the same ip address at the same time and closed both accounts resulting in no payout and all moneys remaining in the account ( which wasn't a lot ) gone
    no amount of complaining made any difference

they implied that because the same ip address was being used by 2 people at the same time there must be some form of cheating going on and trying to explain that there was 2 separate members in the same household just seemed beyond comprehension

Thanks
    Karma Level

you could just get your missus to use a uk bingo sight or read below you maybe able to rattle some cages

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/remotegambling

Cassava Enterprises, operating from Suite 601 701, Europort Avenue, Gibraltar, is licensed by the Government of Gibraltar, and are regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
    Remote Gaming License No.RGL 022.
    http://www.gibraltar.gov.uk/business..._gibraltar.php

Small Claims Court
    277 Main Street
    Gibraltar
    (+ 350) 20070651

Thanks to Copex

DejaVu (7th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just email a scan of the docs mate and it will all be sorted. As an aside these things are parasites who play on people and their weaknesses. A mates stupid bint of a misses has lost in excess of 20k in the last year at these places. She is now at the beginning of GA meetings...but i am assured its a long road.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Copex View Post
    you could just get your missus to use a uk bingo sight
    I don't think you will find any gambling sites that are based in the UK but could be wrong

Thanks
    Karma Level

There are a few DF members including me that have worked in Gib for online betting companies in the past. My last stint was over ten years ago but I'm sure there are still one or two still living the commute from La Linea or surrounding areas who might be able to help.

Thanks to JonEp

DejaVu (7th September 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Update

Told the missus to reverse the transaction from the bank so the £60 was still in her account and not in 'limbo' and try a transfer again.
    This time it said it'll take 2-7 working days (Piss Take!), but no 'account blocked' bollox has appeared yet.

If it does, I will be on the blower to Barry in the morning asking how it's so fucking simple for them to pull the money from the account, by use of 3 numbers on the signature strip and takes seconds to allow her to throw all my money away on their rigged bullshit gambling crap, but paying anything back takes days and requires the need for verification of a fucking Passport number... can you tell I'm still bitter about this? Cunts!

It's not about the £60. I couldn't give a toss about it. Bingo keeps my missus happy, amused and out of my way. It's the fact she feels like she's won, yet still cannot claim it.
    It's like going to the Dogs, having a good win, only to be told to fuck off because you didn't bring your passport.
    Last edited by DejaVu; 7th September 2014 at 10:11 PM.