Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Online Bingo Scammers

My missus plays bingo online on Wink Bingo (http://www.winkbingo.com) and has done for nearly 4 years. (Yes, all left here nicely for Google to index!)

Sunday she was a little bored and amused herself playing it for a little while. She deposited £10, like she always does (at least every other day) and wins £100. Great! She leaves £40 in to gamble with and withdrew £60 to the bank. Now, these winnings are in Limbo and not clearing, so this morning decided to ring a Wink Bingo representative that calls himself Barry.

Barry, while on the phone, decided he was going to be as a helpful as a chocolate teapot and has informed my missus she needs to post proof that she is who she says she is. He was rude, arrogant and just kept repeating 'have you read the terms and conditions'? Without even listening to anything the missus was saying. Butting into everything she was saying.

Asking to speak to a Manager, was told to email a request and wait upto 48hrs for a call back.
    Apparently, there was no manager present because 'the managers do not work the same as what we do' according to Barry...?!!?

This was never a problem when withdrawing money from the account, which I would guess almost £3,000 has been given to them in the past 3-4 years, she has also won before and the withdrawal was not a problem.

As soon as the tables are turned and money has to be paid out, more verification details are needed like a photocopy of a passport needs posting to them to verify you are who you say you are - this has been done, but she omitted her Passport number and was rejected by them.

What type of total bullshit is this and are these complete wankers allowed to do this? I've warned her against these types of online cunts before, but she enjoys the odd gamble so just let it go.

Today, it's come to a head and we're wondering if anything can be done to Bridgend/Cassava to make them suffer. I'm thinking of perhaps the gambling commission getting involved for there unreasonable ways of dealing with their (mostly women) clients.

The worrying thing is how many other people they have ripped off completely and got away with it with these antics.

It's not about the £60, it's the principal and the fact they could be doing this to thousands of clients every single day.
    Last edited by DejaVu; 4th September 2014 at 09:29 AM.