Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Oscar Pistorius trial verdict: Athlete is a 'broken man' ahead of hearing fate tomorr

Oscar Pistorius trial verdict: Athlete is a 'broken man' ahead of hearing fate tomorrow

The Paralympian is allegedly still ‘dearly in love’ with the murdered model, Reeva Steenkamp

Oscar Pistorius has been described as “broken” by an investigative journalist with exclusive access to the athlete, who will hear the verdict of his murder trial tomorrow (11 September).

The sportsman claims that the death of his late girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, was an accident. He alleges that he mistook the 19-year-old for an intruder and panicked, shooting through the bathroom door out of fear on Valentine’s Day 2013.
    Tomorrow (September 11), Judge Thokozile Matilda Masipa will decide his fate.
    “He is a broken man,” said journalist Mark Williams-Thomas. “He made it very clear that whatever punishment is given to him tomorrow, nothing will bring Reeva back. He loves her dearly and wishes the circumstances were different.
    “No punishment will be anywhere near the punishment he has for himself because he’s lost someone he was in love with. And let’s remember he was only going out with her for three months; they were still very much in a courting relationship.”

The trial spanned six and a half months. If he is found guilty of premeditated murder, he faces 25 years in prison. A lesser charge of culpable homicide could see him imprisoned for 15 years or a non-custodial sentence.
    “[Pistorius] is obviously devastated, I think it’s very important to set out that Oscar admits to having shot - and obviously as a result of that - Reeva died, but he’s also very clear in that it was a very tragic accident, that he didn’t intend to, and he believed someone was in the house,” continued Williams-Thomas during an interview on This Morning.
    “And having spent time with him and spoken to him in real detail, and not just him but his family, and the evidence and the more I talk to him, I do believe that also it is a tragic accident.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-9724656.html#

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Oscar Pistorius trial verdict: Athlete is a 'broken man' ahead of hearing fate to

should have thought about that before he blew her away, still think he did it but think he might get off

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Oscar Pistorius trial verdict: Athlete is a 'broken man' ahead of hearing fate to

guilty as a puppy, sat next to a pile of poo
    'Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant'

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like he got away with it, cleared for premeditated murder and 2nd degree charges

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still up for manslaughter ... Can't see him him being found guilty of that either ... Guilty as OJ me thinks tho

Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon he'll get 5 years and be out in 2.

I can see the rape gangs having a lot of fun with him. Take off the blades and his head is just at the right height

Thanks
    Karma Level

Judge clearly fancies him. I've sat outside Boots looking vulnerable, you get all sorts of female attention.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As a SA mate has told me, any time spent in a SA prison is almost always a life sentence, for you will come out HIV positive.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So thankfully just been found guilty of culpable homiside

Thanks
    Karma Level

There is no minimum sentence for homicide in SA. He may not even get jail time. Fines or community service/rehab are often dished out instead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the judge is waiting for the trail of money transfers to go cold before sentencing.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Update he has just got 6 years ..not that much really

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's already served a year, so in another two years he'll be out. Early thirties still, whole life to lead.

Pretty disgraceful for murder.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    He's already served a year, so in another two years he'll be out. Early thirties still, whole life to lead.

Pretty disgraceful for murder.
    Seems a bit odd to me that the Judge that fucked up and got the conviction wrong deciding it was culpable homicide not murder is the one that decides the sentence which is an obvious piss take

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

BigBird (7th July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Seems a bit odd to me that the Judge that fucked up and got the conviction wrong deciding it was culpable homicide not murder is the one that decides the sentence which is an obvious piss take
    I was shocked to see same judge when I was watching this morning. She really seemed to struggle reading her own extra long statement before sentencing.. as if someone else wrote it for her.

Thanks to piggzy

Bald Bouncer (6th July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I was shocked to see same judge when I was watching this morning. She really seemed to struggle reading her own extra long statement before sentencing.. as if someone else wrote it for her.
    I saw the sentence can be challenged by either side so we will have to wait and see on that but to have a difference in sentence of 1 year between culpable homicide and murder just seems ridiculous, to be fair this is another countries justice system and am commenting more because it was an interesting case and my view on the outcome rather than believing we/I have any right to an opinion on it or to Judge from another country.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sentence is a joke, a normal citizen would have got a lot more.

If it was my daughter i would be seeking my own justice when he gets out.

2 Thanks given to ilscuro

Bald Bouncer (6th July 2016),  Mystical_2K (7th July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

From what I remember watching of the retrial, the Girls Father said something along the lines he didn't want him to spend the rest of his life inside, but did want him to pay for his actions so maybe that has something to do with the sentence being low?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Although I think it is better to have a qualified Judge/Panel of Judges as opposed to the British Jury system, it does however (in this case) leave things open to ONE corrupt/biased person to make the decision.

As above if it was you or I we would have been sentenced to rot for a very long time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    When I saw it this morning I thought to myself it was the same judge, but then I thought, no surely it cant be. I don't think that would be allowed in this country, would it? (">

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast