Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention UKIP have impressed me.

I may not agree with their policies on Europe, but from what I've just seen and heard above I could easily be convinced to vote for them.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

3 Thanks given to 4me2

Detector (27th September 2014),  supraman54 (28th September 2014),  tigro (2nd October 2014)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: UKIP have impressed me.

their slogan should be "If you fight for this country, You are right for this country!"
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just another public schoolboy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

For the last few elections I couldn't be arsed voting for labour and tory tossers but at the next election I will definitely get off my arse and vote for UKIP

Thanks to ilscuro

Detector (28th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flypitcher View Post
    Don't think so m8

" My father worked on the fish docks, filleting fish, before moving on to work in heavy engineering, and it looked like I was destined to follow in his footsteps. After leaving school at 15, I had several low paid jobs, but I craved more, and at the age of 17 enlisted in the Royal Air Force. Serving in the armed forces was a revelation to me and I was extremely proud to serve my country. My four-year stint kick started my life and by the time I left four years later; I was determined to make a success of myself."

Thanks to davey52

supraman54 (28th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Our military has become nothing more than a mercenary fighting force for big business.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

5 Thanks given to GTI

billynoguts (30th September 2014),  flypitcher (1st October 2014),  Over Carl (28th September 2014),  WotTheFook (2nd October 2014),  XBOX4LIFE (2nd October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you don't agree with UKIP policy on Europe then you simply don't agree with their core principal. I don't think they are all racist or anything like that. All political parties have plenty of people with extremist views and also plenty of idiots within their ranks. The thing about UKIP is they could stand up at the lecturn and say we will reduce tax to 10p in the pound, Free travel for pensioners country wide, Lower the price of essentials and lower class sizes to 10 per class......All of this and more can be achieved by voting UKIP into power and by us taking the country out of Europe. They are Lib Dem type promises that they know they will never need to deliver.
    Lets look at what leaving the EU would cost in terms of jobs. The car makers would be off to an EU country as soon as you could say non. The businesses that feed those car plants would be gone. Companies who rely on trade with the EU would be gone in time IF as suggested costs rose. Lastly if we did continue to do business with the EU but were not in it...we would still have to comply with EU laws ect and the whole reason for leaving the EU would be null and void.
    To be hones 4me2 im a tad surprised to see this post from you.....But as I always say each to their own, Vote the way that works for you and your family.

3 Thanks given to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (28th September 2014),  Over Carl (28th September 2014),  WotTheFook (2nd October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If if that's your view of a public school boy you have a strange take on the class system

Thanks
    Karma Level

You are making too many assumptions when judging me. I may not agree with all of their policies on Europe but I also wouldn't want to leave Europe. Away from the headline making no party actually wants to leave Europe despite what they say. They are just interested in gaining back more powers to the UK. The Cuntservative mainly though so they can get away from employment laws and milk more profits for their rich buddies.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    You are making too many assumptions when judging me. I may not agree with all of their policies on Europe but I also wouldn't want to leave Europe. Away from the headline making no party actually wants to leave Europe despite what they say. They are just interested in gaining back more powers to the UK. The Cuntservative mainly though so they can get away from employment laws and milk more profits for their rich buddies.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I am not meaning to make any assumptions mate. I posted that I was surprised by your post due to your previous postings on political matters. I just did not have you down as supporting ukip in any way shape or form. The main parties deffo don't want to leave europe....but UKIP most certainly do. Like I said no big deal from my point of view. I too would love to see any of the other parties policies move toward more powers for UK government and courts. You also have to be very careful in what you wish for....as it just might come true lol. For example if the UK left the human rights charter that would be a disaster for the ordinary man in the street. Yes it is abused but the intention of the act is to protect US from the devilment of our political masters and the top 5% elite. We already get shafted by them....just think what it would be like if there were no checks and balances for them to "fear".
    The EU is what it is. A bloody huge gravy train that we sadly can't afford to walk away from.

Thanks to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (28th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    The car makers would be off to an EU country as soon as you could say non. The businesses that feed those car plants would be gone.
    It's interesting that you mention car manufacturing. If the big 3 parties were car manufactures, bringing out new models every 5 years that consistently failed to live up to expectations, broke promises and didn't fix problems of the previous model, they would have been out of business decades ago. Instead this country is full of blinkered historic Labour, Tory and Liberal voters. The big 3 have had their chances over and over again. Time for a change.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    It's interesting that you mention car manufacturing. If the big 3 parties were car manufactures, bringing out new models every 5 years that consistently failed to live up to expectations, broke promises and didn't fix problems of the previous model, they would have been out of business decades ago. Instead this country is full of blinkered historic Labour, Tory and Liberal voters. The big 3 have had their chances over and over again. Time for a change.
    I disagree.....you do not have to vote UKIP to prove that the big 3 parties don't represent you. I wont (at this point in time) vote for any of the big 3. Infact I think you are insulting peoples intelligence to suggest that they are blinkered supporters of any given party. I/We/You have to believe that people vote based on reading the manifesto of any given party at any given time. We all know lots of people who just vote X party because there mum and dad did...but these types are a dying breed and in this day in age of information and news at your fingertips 24/7 then there is more chance that people vote for policies rather than parties. I would suggest the fact that they only need 33% of the vote to get into power kind of demonstrates part of the problem. It is a funny old world where we call the Lib Dems one of the big 3.....and yet before 2010 they were just the under dogs who nearly never got to appear on the live tv leaders debate due to them being "marginals". In fact the SNP are now the UK's 3rd biggest party and will enter the next GE as such due to their popularity increasing and the lib dems getting blamed for everything wrong with the current coalition. Don't get me wrong I think Clegg and company are lower than a snakes belly....but the truth is they have taken a hell of a lot of "decent" politicians down with them.
    If you are that disaffected then vote for an independent that is going to do stuff to improve your local area...say balls to the party politics and concentrate closer to home first....that is the way I am leaning at the moment.
    I still say that your local Mp should by law have lived in that locality for 10-15 years and end this corrupt state where we have Mp's who are in favor of their parties top tables getting parachuted into these so called "safe seats"....That system winds me up and sucks arse so much it is one of the many reforms to the way mp's and the system works that needs to change imho. Also PR voting would be a much better way of running the country and create a much more representative class of mp's.......I could easily fill several pages of changes that are to me glaringly obvious to make the voting and election system in this country fairer and more representative......but unfortunately the parties would fight most of them tooth and nail.

7 Thanks given to DavidF

4me2 (28th September 2014),  Ashley (2nd October 2014),  Bald Bouncer (28th September 2014),  beansontoast (29th September 2014),  mij (29th September 2014),  Mr 250 (29th September 2014),  WotTheFook (2nd October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I disagree.....you do not have to vote UKIP to prove that the big 3 parties don't represent you. I wont (at this point in time) vote for any of the big 3.
    David, on the last 2 general elections and various local elections, I have voted for independents. It has not made any difference. UKIP are now generating momentum that could see them having a major say in the next election. Do I think UKIP could win or actually supply a coherent cabinet of ministers... probably not. Do I think that they might alter the status quo... Yes.

Infact I think you are insulting peoples intelligence to suggest that they are blinkered supporters of any given party. I/We/You have to believe that people vote based on reading the manifesto of any given party at any given time. We all know lots of people who just vote X party because there mum and dad did...but these types are a dying breed and in this day in age of information and news at your fingertips 24/7 then there is more chance that people vote for policies rather than parties.
    That's my point, constantly for every general election in my memory the big three released manifesto and welch on them. If people still want to vote using this method then yes, I am questioning their intelligence. I live in a wealthy area that is a safe labour seat. The people round here don't vote Labour because their father had a cloth cap and a pick axe.

I would suggest the fact that they only need 33% of the vote to get into power kind of demonstrates part of the problem. It is a funny old world where we call the Lib Dems one of the big 3.....and yet before 2010 they were just the under dogs who nearly never got to appear on the live tv leaders debate due to them being "marginals". In fact the SNP are now the UK's 3rd biggest party and will enter the next GE as such due to their popularity increasing and the lib dems getting blamed for everything wrong with the current coalition. Don't get me wrong I think Clegg and company are lower than a snakes belly....but the truth is they have taken a hell of a lot of "decent" politicians down with them.
    If you are that disaffected then vote for an independent that is going to do stuff to improve your local area...say balls to the party politics and concentrate closer to home first....that is the way I am leaning at the moment.
    I still say that your local Mp should by law have lived in that locality for 10-15 years and end this corrupt state where we have Mp's who are in favor of their parties top tables getting parachuted into these so called "safe seats"....That system winds me up and sucks arse so much it is one of the many reforms to the way mp's and the system works that needs to change imho. Also PR voting would be a much better way of running the country and create a much more representative class of mp's.......I could easily fill several pages of changes that are to me glaringly obvious to make the voting and election system in this country fairer and more representative......but unfortunately the parties would fight most of them tooth and nail.
    I totally agree with you, however I will vote UKIP instead of an independent because just like the SNP I believe the citizens of the UK should have their say on such an important matter.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Farage is just another public schoolboy like the rest of them, the misguided and ill informed champion him.

Thanks to flypitcher

pattikins (29th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Farage is just another public schoolboy like the rest of them, the misguided and ill informed champion him.
    So basically if anyone doesn't share your opinion they are misguided ? A bit arrogant and insulting to say the least.

Thanks to 4me2

WotTheFook (2nd October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do you have some kind of trauma associated with public school boys.. Is there something that we should know.. Did you fag for someone beastly?

I doubt very much that all public school boys deserve your hatred. Public schools have been responsible for producing some of the worlds greatest leaders, politicians, inventors humanitarians, scientists and philanthropists.

I do have an issue with certain politicians who graduated PPE at oxford who seem to rise through the ranks through nepotism and also the uber rich politicians who have never had a real job and use politics as a hobby.

2 Thanks given to Ginnerfreak

MHP (29th September 2014),  supraman54 (2nd October 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You should really start to think for yourself, I was at a Grammar School and have taught guitar in a Major Public School (13 years) a Grammar School and another State School, dickheads are everywhere, Public and Grammar Schools have produced some exceptional and successful people, far outweighing their share of the Education System and far outweighing the obvious instances of Nepotism, the chip on your shoulder does you no favours.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

2 Thanks given to blaggard

GTI (29th September 2014),  supraman54 (2nd October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    You should really start to think for yourself, I was at a Grammar School and have taught guitar in a Major Public School (13 years) a Grammar School and another State School, dickheads are everywhere, Public and Grammar Schools have produced some exceptional and successful people, far outweighing their share of the Education System and far outweighing the obvious instances of Nepotism, the chip on your shoulder does you no favours.
    Well said Blaggard, I usually just let such prejudices wash over me because I went to a fee paying prep school and I don't think I've turned out too badly (apart from the sexual deviancy of course )
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

blaggard (29th September 2014),  supraman54 (2nd October 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That is really comforting to know Blaggard that you went to a Grammar school and are now a guitar teacher. You are a great inspiration to members on the board .The injustice is that if you had went to a public school you might have been a contender, sorry I meant a conductor. Still keep doffing your cap

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Those of you who support UKIP should look at history and realise that no countries that are in Europe have ever went to war against a member state.
    For that reason alone we should stay in Europe.
    Last edited by flypitcher; 1st October 2014 at 09:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast