Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Jules Bianchi suffered severe head injury in Japanese GP F1 crash

Jules Bianchi suffered severe head injury in Japanese GP F1 crash

Jules Bianchi has suffered a severe head injury and is undergoing surgery following his crash in the Japanese Grand Prix, the FIA has confirmed.

Marussia Formula 1 driver Bianchi crashed on lap 43 of the Suzuka F1 race, going off the track at Turn 7 shortly after Adrian Sutil had spun into the barriers at the same place.
    Bianchi's Marussia hit the rear of a recovery vehicle that was being used to recover the stranded Sauber.
    After being removed from the car, he was taken to the Suzuka circuit's medical centre before being transported to the Mie General hospital in an ambulance. He was unconscious throughout.
    A statement issued by motor racing's governing body on Sunday night said: "The CT scan shows that he has suffered a severe head injury and is currently undergoing surgery.
    "Following this, he will be moved to intensive care where he will be monitored.
    "Mie General Hospital will issued an update as soon as further information becomes available."
    The FIA confirmed that double waved yellow flags had been displayed after Sutil's accident to act as a warning for drivers.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116180
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Jules Bianchi suffered severe head injury in Japanese GP F1 crash

Jules Bianchi crash: Adrian Sutil thinks fading light was a factor

Sauber Formula 1 driver Adrian Sutil has suggested worsening visibility may have contributed to Jules Bianchi's accident in the Japanese Grand Prix.

Bianchi suffered a severe head injury after crashing into a crane while it retrieved Sutil's Sauber, which had already gone off at Turn 7 and hit the barriers in the closing stages of Sunday's Suzuka F1 race.
    Sutil, who was standing at the scene when Bianchi went off, said the fading light made it difficult to spot patches of standing water on the track as the rain worsened late in the race.
    "It was quite difficult. In the end we got more rain and it was dark, so visibility was getting less and less and this corner was a tricky one the whole way through," Sutil said.
    "In the end, when it got dark, you couldn't see where the wet patches were and that is why I lost the car and it really surprised me.
    "It [Bianchi's crash] was the same as what happened to me - he had aquaplaning but just one lap later."
    Williams performance chief Rob Smedley said the light at the end of the race was worse than at any grand prix he could recall.
    "It was certainly very dark at the end," Smedley said.
    "I would say in the 15 years I've been involved in Formula 1 races that was the darkest I've ever seen a race event.
    "I have to say I was happy when the safety car came out.
    "I didn't quite understand what the reason was at that point with what was going on, but I was happy that it came out so everybody could slow down."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116183
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks to 4me2

bigtrevster (6th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is what the TV didn't show.

He hit and went under the recovery vehicle at phenomenal speed. He was travelling at much higher velocity that Sutul. It's not surprising all the commentators and reporters were shell shocked.

http://youtu.be/w_lp5ODzpLs

3 Thanks given to Whitesnake

4me2 (7th October 2014),  jw_2000_uk (7th October 2014),  Mobileman (7th October 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

jesus surprised he wasnt decapitated

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Jesus!!! Thats bad. Poor sod.

God knows how he's surviving. Fingers crossed he does.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I know people are saying that the race should have ran earlier or been delayed but Bianchi would have know of Sutul's crash I assume that Bianchi would have driven past it for a few laps and he would have been told on the radio that Sutul had crashed, their would have been waved yellow flags so why was he still traveling so fast knowing the track conditions and Sutul's car was being recovered and there were waved yellows?

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watch the video again, there are bloody clearly green flags being waved (top right of screen). Obviously that should not have been happening.

I just hope he makes a good recovery, he was destined for a great career imo.
    Last edited by tips; 7th October 2014 at 10:36 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    I assume that Bianchi would have driven past it for a few laps and he would have been told on the radio that Sutul had crashed
    Think Sutul crashed the lap before but that is one big accident, the official wasn't to far away either.
    Last edited by big3card; 7th October 2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: add to my post

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by big3card View Post
    Think Sutul crashed the lap before but that is one big accident, the official wasn't to far away either.
    yeah you are right the lap previous to that Sutil had aquaplaned and spun off and was being recovered when Bianchi did the same, its a freakish thing for a car to not only go off in the same manner but also end up in the same spot, after seeing that footage though, god knows how he survived that, hopefully he makes a recovery to drive again, the lad was destined to be fed into the ferrari team after being developed by them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bianchi was ahead of Sutil on the previous lap so didn't see him spin. He was racing under green flags and pushing as hard as possible. He got to turn seven and just aquaplaned which lead to one of the worst accidents I can recall in the last 20 years. I'm honestly amazed he is still alive after viewing that footage I can't see how his head missed the tractor.

Anyway latest Bianchi update is that he has suffered a diffuse axonal injury and is regarded as "critical but stable".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29521187

Thanks
    Karma Level

Look at this even after the fucking accident the twats in the tower are still waving the green flag.
    I think the fucktards have red and green mixed up.

Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

That Marshall station is actually PAST the tractor and Sutils car. Therefore, the marshalls are waving a green flag to indicate that the track AHEAD is safe and under race conditions.

However, if you look at the longer version of the video knocking about. PRIOR to the tractor driving towards us so to speak, sutils car and the tractor were by or beyond the marshalls post from the videos perspective here. This is why double waved yellows were being shown.. This was confirmed to me by a friend whom marshalls Oulton park regularly and has marshalled the British F1 GP.

In addition to this, the article here also explains nothing was done wrong by the marshalls.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ye...e-whole-story/
    Last edited by dpSparhawk; 8th October 2014 at 10:03 PM.