Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Newbie New Member today

Hi,

Sorry guys, not sure if I've used the "NEWBIE" icon prefix correctly

Retired person in North West UK, I drive for pleasure ( if such exists these days )

I have had, and still own, several car Satnavs from TomTom, however my latest one is the Garmin 3598 LTM-D ( last week )

I've personally created lots of superb and clear "alerts" for TomToms & now my Garmin ( these are NOT commercial ones ) in the .ogg & wav formast which I don't mind sharing if this is permitted.

If the latter is OK I could make them directly accessible from my personal Box.net account ( no ads /pop-up or such rubbish ). I would need to know where on our forum these link should be posted.

Speak soon,

John

Thanks to johntee

Lou_smorals (6th October 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New Member today

Please read your welcome message and rules pertaining to sections which interest you. You have limited access at first but join in and that will change as you progress. . . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome to DF
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome to Digital Forums. Forum etiquette is quite high on the list here, like in real life you treat others with respect and you equally get it back. Contributing to the threads with good constructive posts gets you noticed for all the good reasons. with time your post count will go up and you will have full use of the forum. This has been put in place to stop Spammers,Leechers and generally 1 post users that want something for nothing, they try and get it and go.

Digital forums has been going years and has a large fan base. some actually pay for the privilege and they get bonuses over non sub people. With time you will build up friends and likewise you will be seen here as someone that can contribute to the DF Community.
    Enjoy your stay

Thanks
    Karma Level

Newbie Re: New Member today

Hi guys,

Thanks for your welcome. I pretty sure I can contribute to the forum and its causes. I'm aware I have limited access at present, this of course is not a real obstacle, for time will open up new avenues.

Speak soon,

John

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This is all we ask. Humble, honest and completely open. John here has made the effort.

Anything we can do to help you get involved with the forums a bit more, don't be afraid to ask. Hint - We do like a good bit of humor to brighten up the days.

We are a little hard on newbies at times, because unlike yourself (I hope), they come here, get what they want and never return (maybe prefer chatting crap with all their school buddies on Fakebook or Twatter).
    We are all like minded (mostly middle-aged men) that love putting the world to rights, having our say, and usually causing a bit of heated discussion/arguments over issues we cannot solve.

As others have said, read some rules - and the PM you received when you joined, keep to them and you'll do fine. Sharing is caring!

Welcome to DF.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Newbie Re: New Member today

Hi Guys,

I don't wish to exceed my "newbie" posting quota, so I will finish today with one last, slightly longer, message of thanks for your warm welcome.

Like many others, I'll be 68 next April, so I probably fit the 'older gentleman' profile nicely, with which comes a higher degree of appreciation of life and what it's all been about.

Aren't we the lucky ones? No heads stuck in iPads all day with 'Candy Crush' or similar, although I do have an IOS 7 Apple Air myself and the rather more, less bendy, iPhone 5c too, I therefore pride myself of still being pretty 'cool', as my grand kids say, and up to date with technology.

As identified in my submitted profile, I've just aquired a new Garmin Nuvi 3598 LTM-D and this replaces my still functional TomTom 25 and my previous TomTom One. I've enjoyed the developing GPS era to date and found it all immensely stimulating. I've previously created my own POI "Voice Alerts" in ogg for the TT in ov2, but now use them converted to csv format for the 3598. This task may seem trivial and easy to some, however it's brilliant for me when I hear, for example, my 'creations' come to life through the SatNav, especially when others say the Nuvi 3598 cannot speak custom POI's in 'wav'.

There we go, not too long I hope, but it offers you a better perception of who I am, and what I've done, SatNav wise any how.

I will attempt to view the forum most days in the hope I can learn more, contribute, or potentially contribute, to the 'cause'.

Kindest regards to everyone, will speak soon.

John

Thanks to johntee

DejaVu (6th October 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi Mate
    you sound like you will fit right in and the more over 60's we get the better (makes me feel young at 50). Well done on all the tech you sound like you keeping up just fine.
    Best wishes and welcome
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP