Close

Thread: Femtocells

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Femtocells

Not sure if this is the right section but I had to get a femtocell as have fuck all reception in the house/garden etc. after a few days the device seems to need to be rebooted to be used by my iPhone 5 (not sure if device specific). Anyone got any thoughts other than a timer switch to flip it during the night?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Femtocells

I have the latest Three model, haven't touched since set up about two weeks ago.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My EE signal box works exceptionally well but has had a couple of wobbles where it unsyncs

supe
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My O2 boost box works reasonably well, I usually have full signal using it but call quality is still a bit hit and miss for some reason... I don't need to reboot it though, sometimes it just doesn't sync to the server but sorts itself out. I have forwarded the correct ports too.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

+1 for the EE box. Was awesome piece of kit where we had zero signal, two I phones and 1 Sony Z were able to work all at the same time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by grrrd View Post
    +1 for the EE box. Was awesome piece of kit where we had zero signal, two I phones and 1 Sony Z were able to work all at the same time.
    Make that another +1 on the EE ones. I have 3 setup at work and a few in staff homes and all have been great since the intro of the 2nd gen models (Past 6 months)

At work our previous contract was with Vodafone and there boosters were shocking. Great thing about the EE ones for me is that there not tied down to half a dozen mobile numbers that can use them, like the Voda ones were - so no hastle, no admin just plug and play

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    My O2 boost box works reasonably well, I usually have full signal using it but call quality is still a bit hit and miss for some reason... I don't need to reboot it though, sometimes it just doesn't sync to the server but sorts itself out. I have forwarded the correct ports too.
    How did you get an o2 boost box, I want one ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I have the latest Three model, haven't touched since set up about two weeks ago.
    How did you get one ?
    I've seen them on Ebay but it looks like they need a sim in them from Three which they don't dish out.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    How did you get an o2 boost box, I want one ;-)
    You need to be on O2 Business and pay £150 but I reckon you could get one on ebay (they rarely go up) and then call O2 to add your number to it. You might need to say you have a business contract but want to add a non-business number or say you used to be on business and still have the box. If you need the direct Boostbox number let me know as they are helpful, not sure if you can order directly from them though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/O2-Boostbo...item23421c17d5

On consumer mobile you could find a postcode in your area with poor signal, complain that you now work there and it's unusable, see if they mention a boostbox but you will need to pay for it. I was on business and had to buy mine even though I kept complaining about the signal.

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've found away around this TU Go app

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    You need to be on O2 Business and pay £150 but I reckon you could get one on ebay (they rarely go up) and then call O2 to add your number to it. You might need to say you have a business contract but want to add a non-business number or say you used to be on business and still have the box. If you need the direct Boostbox number let me know as they are helpful, not sure if you can order directly from them though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/O2-Boostbo...item23421c17d5

On consumer mobile you could find a postcode in your area with poor signal, complain that you now work there and it's unusable, see if they mention a boostbox but you will need to pay for it. I was on business and had to buy mine even though I kept complaining about the signal.
    Yeah I have been on to them for years trying to get a booster box from them but always say need to be a business and also I complain that why should I pay for one when they failing in delivering me a service grrr, "We cover 97% of the country I am sorry you live in one of the 3% but if you look at the map it shows you should get a good signal blah blah"

Quote Originally Posted by hilljd00 View Post
    I've found away around this TU Go app

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Tu go is not available on Windows Phones grrr and I hear its a little bit buggy only works 90% of the time get signal drops and txt not delivered??

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I wasn't able to use Tugo on business, I have now moved to a normal contract as business gave me no advantage. Now I have my boostbox but will try Tugo out, heard it was buggy from my mates when it first launched but will try now.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    How did you get one ?
    I've seen them on Ebay but it looks like they need a sim in them from Three which they don't dish out.
    I'm on Three with a rubbish signal at home, building construction and too many towers nearby causing mine. I tried the app fro a which was a bit hit and miss but the hardware works a treat.
    I don't know how you would go about using one otherwise.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember using UMA on Orange Blackberries to get reception via WiFi if no network was available. Worked nice, seamless integration so you didn't have to mess with any apps or even realise any difference except the symbol displayed on the screen.

Funny think was I was told that the phones had to ordered specifying UMA support as not all phones (even with identical model numbers). I don't know if UMA was only supprted on Business contracts or whether it is also allowed on personal contracts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember using UMA on Orange Blackberries to get reception via WiFi if no network was available. Worked nice, seamless integration so you didn't have to mess with any apps or even realise any difference except the symbol displayed on the screen.

Funny think was I was told that the phones had to ordered specifying UMA support as not all phones (even with identical model numbers). I don't know if UMA was only supprted on Business contracts or whether it is also allowed on personal contracts.