Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Prostate problems

In the last few months i started having to get up in the night for a piss, sometimes 2 or 3 times, i also seem to get a burning sensation when i go, but not always.

I went to the hospital last week and the doctor thinks i may have an infection in my prostate, so he gave me some antibiotics to take for a month, he also said my prostate is enlarged, i had a PSA blood test which is supposed to check for cancer and that was clear.

Have any members had or are having prostate problems?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Prostate problems

Mine keeps swelling up but I've been told it's no biggy they've put me on oxybutalin or something like that and it seemed to help. I seem to be better since I've cut out alcohol though.

Thanks to baggy13

ilscuro (23rd October 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've cut out all caffeine and i'm down to just 3 or 4 pints at weekend, my medicine is called Trimethoprim.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've recently been milked by a 'friend' in Thailand and my prostate was a problem prior to the milking. Since the milking, no problems. I have his/her number if you want it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

"his/her", rofl.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Mines been problematic and bloody huge for a good many years.. I have had three biopsies (all benign) but I am of the opinion that the amount of these you have should be finite.. can't be good to have bits of it removed and leave scar tissue galore..
    Surgeon would love to laser bits of mine away but refused as I still work and don't want to add incontinence the the slow flow, up a few times a night etc
    Maybe I should book a trip to the far east? lol

supe
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not myself but my 81yo dad has literally just started to have issues. It all began very suddenly when he basically could not piss for 2 days. I had to threaten him (I was 500 miles away) that I would call doc if he did not. The upshot was a GP came out and admitted him to hospital far a draining and to fit a catheter (Sp). It was also found he had enlarged prostate. Also he was checked for his PSA reading and it was "high". But was told don't worry take these antibiotics and some other tablet which escapes me and to come back in a week to get retested and catheter removed. At the re-test he was told his psa was now down to an acceptable level for an 81yo male.
    He now has to take a pill to keep the prostate in check. He also has trouble going to poo so is on a constant dose of laxative to relieve this.
    The last thing that the consultant said really surprised me - He basically said that if a man reaches 70+ they WILL have prostate cancer but will probably die of other causes before the prostate cancer becomes a problem. He also went on to inform us that many men die each year of other causes and are found to have had prostate cancer but have showed no symptoms and it has caused them no problems. He also said my dad's psa is 14 and it is 88% likely that he has prostate cancer at this stage BUT to even do a biopsy could disturb things and turn the cancer from non aggressive to aggressive. So in my fathers case it is now six month check ups to make sure the psa does not rise and apparently the cut off is if it reaches 20 then they will do biopsy and talk about treatment such as hormones ect.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Bears out my theory of non intervention doesn't it.. If I ever find I can't start a piss, I've been told to go to a and e for draining. . I should avoid fatty foods etc but life's feckin boring without some sins. . The highest my psa has been is 11 but usually sits around 7 ish.
    Had the psa test about 14 years back because they advise guys over 40 to do it ..
    Supe
    Last edited by supraman54; 24th October 2014 at 12:15 AM.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png