Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Call of duty who's actually going to buy it?

After the shambles of a game that was called ghost I won't be forking out £40+ for another call of duty game.

Don't get me wrong I loved the whole series and played the games on the original xbox many years back.
    modern warfare 2 was the best in the set for me and then black ops 2 but ghosts just felt like it tried too hard.
    it felt more like playing Tom Clancy advanced warfighter than call of duty.

I hated ghosts so badly it actually put me off xbox live for what is almost a year, i paid for xbox live for the year and only the kids used the xbox.
    some games are just not meant to be changed and ghosts certainly changed the whole cod feel and look, so do I really want to spend my money on another car crash cod title?

Are you buying it or do you feel the same?
    Or is it just my age ? (37 going on 60)

TJ
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Call of duty who's actually going to buy it?

I get them on PS3 as most my mates do too. MW2 was also my fav, the past 2 or 3 I haven't even tried the campaign, just get on release day, play online for a while then don't really play again as I don't have time. The last one I played 13 games online and shelved it til a couple of months ago and played a fair few times since.

Decent games but the new editions don't really bring anything new to the table, might as well just be map packs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ghosts was the first one I didn't buy in years. So I think I'll buy this next one.

I was planning to get ghosts for cheap,. but if it aint worth it I won't bother

Thanks
    Karma Level

Same here I haven't played campaign since mw2.
    pisses me off spending so much cash on maps then a new game comes out and everyone abandons the last one after paying out the nose for maps.

so I learnt my lesson and stopped buying maps since black ops.
    If I'm honest I'm a little bored of the xbox now and think if I was going to buy a new console it would be a ps4 rather than the xbox one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Ghosts was the first one I didn't buy in years. So I think I'll buy this next one.

I was planning to get ghosts for cheap,. but if it aint worth it I won't bother
    You can buy mine only played a handful of times

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Nope - played them all apart from the last two. COD is dead to me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by prezzy View Post
    Nope - played them all apart from the last two. COD is dead to me
    Feel the same now too!
    I tried playing mw2 online after black ops 2 but not a single player online.
    So I guess the money I spent on maps on those games was a waste too.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The new COD from what I have seen offers nothing new - Although I would be happy a COD game with COD4 gameplay but with next gen grahics, can't see it happening though

Thanks to prezzy

Ashley (24th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The trailer for the new one looks good but so did the trailer for Ghosts and the really really sucked ass, I really only play the campaigns (as we only got slow broadband so lag is an issue online) and I think Ghosts took about 4 hours to complete on veteran.

The ending was so shit too I wont spoil it but it left it open for a Ghost 2 next year when its their turn to release a new COD.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Might be the exception but I enjoyed the campaign on Ghosts and found the last quarter fast paced with smooth transition from locations culminating in a pleasing finish, didn't bother with the multiplayer I have found them ridiculous in the last 3 releases so just don't bother now.

I agree it is starting to get left behind and certainly won't be a game I will get on release but will probably pick up at some point when there isn't much about after Christmas, they don't seem to have really moved much in the last few releases graphically and game play wise seeming to pander to a vocal minority demanding more stupid gadgets, badges and rewards which really add little or nothing to the gameplay.

If you step back from the franchise and previous games and look at it as a new release then it is hard to argue it is not or will not be a good game considering some of the crap I have spent hard earned cash on only to trade it in a week later, I just think it is always judged on it's previous high standards and ground breaking innovation which has sadly been lacking in the last few releases which have seemed more of cash cows biting at the bit to sell you more added content and season passes, I do think if this one is the same disappointment of the previous few the franchise will start to struggle.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was a COD addict for years.. I hit prestige after prestige like a wanker.. but the latest incarnations have left me flat. I MW2.. was the pinnacle.. after that, game play has suffered as they try hard to justify your £45 with unneeded new features which ruin the raw run and shoot gameplay.

Owing to my blinkered COD wankerism I ignored the BF series like a waitrose shopper would the Aldi car park.. now I thank god for BF4.. .. None of the COD unnecessary gimics just solid maps, great weapons.. and the added dynamic of vehicles.. BF4 feels like an adult version of COD.

IMO

5 Thanks given to Ginnerfreak

akimba (24th October 2014),  ant3b (27th October 2014),  Bald Bouncer (24th October 2014),  CallmeGoose (24th October 2014),  lithho (26th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnerfreak View Post
    I was a COD addict for years.. I hit prestige after prestige like a wanker.. but the latest incarnations have left me flat. I MW2.. was the pinnacle.. after that, game play has suffered as they try hard to justify your £45 with unneeded new features which ruin the raw run and shoot gameplay.

Owing to my blinkered COD wankerism I ignored the BF series like a waitrose shopper would the Aldi car park.. now I thank god for BF4.. .. None of the COD unnecessary gimics just solid maps, great weapons.. and the added dynamic of vehicles.. BF4 feels like an adult version of COD.

IMO
    I thought BF3 story alone was alot better than BF4 so might be worth looking on ebay for a cheap copy ;-)

Thanks to akimba

Ginnerfreak (24th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am hoping that BF hard line is the final solution to my counter strike itch that has needed scratching since the aimbot wankers completely fucked counterstrike and therefore made me get out of my student digs and meet girls.. which in turn led to wife kids and debt... fucking fuckers..

Roll on Hard-line ..

http://www.battlefield.com/en_GB/hardline

2 Thanks given to Ginnerfreak

ant3b (27th October 2014),  Robbo (25th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I also had the cod blinkers on and was completely blinded by the whole cod revolution.
    That is until ghosts fucked it all up.

So I moved onto medal of honour which also had a battlefield 3 beta included thought both were horse shit.
    What a letdown those were

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed, Ghosts was awful . Modern Warfare 2 was brilliant and World at War was good too... Battlefield 4 still is the best on the One.. Will prob buy Advanced Warfare anyway as looks good. Will see eh...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope they bring out a pack with modern warfare 2 and World at War. I'd buy that if it came out.

I bought Ghosts on release, it's a bag of tripe. I would have traded it in months ago, but I moved out of the country in January. So it's just gathering dust.
    I was going to hold off and see what other peeps said about the new one. However, i only have a wii u, so they have done me a favour by not releasing it on there. Money saved!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

If it was my choice I would never buy another COD game until they went back to old WW1 or WW2 based games, none of this advanced warfare crap! Every video I've watched of it just shouts Titanfall, I'm not taking that comment from other people either, its honestly what I thought when I seen the gameplay. Fuck it resembles bunnies on speed, all that jumping around and overly fast gameplay!

Why they insist on going more and more futuristic is beyond me, can they not see that COD as a franchise is slowly dying thanks to their insistence of going this route, I wont talk about Ghosts as I will get angry and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

Zombies is whats kept it alive for me fav map being Mob of the Dead, I'm in the top 800 in the world in 3 and 4 player mode only problem is Zombies is Treyarchs thing and I'm not even sure they will be back next year as I have a bad feeling we will see the dreaded Ghosts 2!

So back to the original question, sadly the sons XB1 I ordered 2 weeks ago had a deal which included it along with Alien Isolation so COD-damn-AW-ful will be landing on my doorstep the day before release whoopy fucking do! Only good part of this is its an Xmas pressie so I wont have to deal with it until then and hopefully the gameplay will be smashed to bits before its even entered the XB1 on Xmas day for being so utterly shite meaning I wont have to even try it!

The only other good point is I paid £320 for the XB1 and the 2 games mentioned, I sold Aliens for £35 so £285 for XB1 and COD-damn-AW-ful aint all that bad, I just bought another controller which was only £29 so all in all I aint done to bad assuming you don't think these consoles are overpriced? Don't mean to brag about how good I am at killing zombies and what I paid either.

2 Thanks given to ancojo

Ashley (26th October 2014),  ilscuro (3rd November 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i really liked ghosts, but then i liked world at war, thought mw2 looked shit, played terrible. I will be buying it, even though at 36, im getting my arse kicked by kids, but alot of my mates still play, and i still find it funny playing with them all as a team. A lot of my pals are still clinging to their 360s , so i might have to buy it on that, i would ideally like it on the one. (will there be much difference this year? maybe not)
    edit ..... I agree with the post above about it looking like titanfall, and as i didnt like that i am a little scared they have gone to far and may well ruin it. This could be the year that says cod is back, or its fucked and had its day

Thanks
    Karma Level

Either way I'm not going out to buy it until I get some decent reviews from people that hated ghosts as much as me.
    i hope it returns to the old mw2 days.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought Ghosts being a COD stalwart and tbh the campaign was good, But the multiplayer was utter garbage.. However I have preordered for Xbox one after saying I wouldn't be bothering (Just cant keep myself from it )
    and will be picking it up on Monday....

Here's hoping its as good as Black Ops 2 other wise I'm done with COD and selling it on..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast