Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stupid Theme park bans single people for being paedophile risks

What the Fuck has happened to my country????

Single adults banned from park - in case they are a paedophile
    By Western Gazette - North Dorset | Posted: November 08, 2014

By Tina Rowe

Matthew Richards from High Littleton, Somerset, who was refused entry to a falconry exhibition at the Puxton Park because he was on his own. The attraction says it is to keep paedophi1es away. Picture by Clare Green

A bird enthusiast made a 25-mile trip to see a falconry display at a family leisure park only to be told that single adults are banned – for fear of paedophi1es.
    Married man Matthew Richards, 54, a father of three grown-up children, was staggered by the rule at award-winning Puxton Park, a family-orientated leisure attraction near Weston-super-Mare.
    Mr Richards, who also has three grandchildren, had previously visited the park with his family to admire the birds of prey.
    But when he returned on Thursday hoping to watch another falconry display he was told he couldn't be admitted as a single man, on child protection grounds.
    Puxton Park claimed the rule, which is explained in the small print on its website, was "in line with all other parks".
    However Mr Richards, of High Littleton, near Bath, said he couldn't understand the ban and questioned why the rule was not explained on the brochure which prompted him to visit.
    He said: "I was frankly amazed. I was told the rule applies to single men, and women, for the protection of children.
    "I couldn't see anything about the rule on the brochure which I picked up at another attraction.
    "We have taken one of our grandchildren there before, and I saw that the falconry was there and thought it would be interesting to go back and see the displays.
    "They are advertising adult memberships as gifts so I can't understand it."
    Puxton Park has many attractions that appeal particularly to young children, including its adventure park for youngsters aged four years and upwards, but its falconry display appeals to all ages.
    Puxton's website does state that single men and women without children are excluded from entry, but the information is not carried on the home page, or under two other sections which might be expected to carry it – the "Access Statement" which gives information for disabled visitors, and "Rules of Admission" which carries helpful guidance such as washing hands after touching the animals, especially before consuming food.
    The information on the unaccompanied single adult ban comes in the prices section, at the end of a long list, and after information on gift vouchers. It states: "We are sorry but we are unable to let single men or women without children into the park.
    "If you are here to meet someone let one of our reception staff know and they will happily do a tannoy announcement asking them to come and meet you."
    Alistair Mead, managing director of the park said the rule has been in place since the park opened seven years ago.
    "There is a lot in the headlines about paedophi1es and things that are going on with children.
    "We have done our research and in line with all other parks we don't let single men or women in," he said.
    "We make it quite clear that if people want to go to the falconry they have to get a prior appointment, and we would take them down to the falconry centre.
    "It is in the leaflet. I think if I did a survey of 100 of our customers they would agree that we are doing the right thing."
    The falconry centre has more than 15 different breeds of birds of prey and is run by an experienced falconer.
    The falconry section of the website lists hunting days and even a five day in-depth falconry course.
    To find out more people have to ring or email the falconer, so would then be advised about special arrangements to allow unaccompanied adults to take part.
    But there is no specific mention of the no single adults rule on the falconry page.
    Mr Richards has struggled to find the guidance in the brochure he picked up. "I almost feel discriminated against," he said.
    "I could understand it if it was for the attractions that young children only enjoy, but the falconry is of interest to all."
    A spokesman for Visit Somerset said: "It sounds as if Puxton Park needs to publicise this particular rule a bit more prominently."

Source
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Theme park bans single people for being paedophile risks

oh fuck off

edit - not you GTI, just more typical bullshit, are paedo's known for targetting children at a fucking falconry exhibition!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The question is, where will it all end? Beaches, swimming pools, toy stores, supermarkets on a Saturday afternoon etc.. could all potentially adopt this ridiculous rule.
    Someone needs to press the reset button on this madness, and I say that as a dad of two toddlers myself. I don't want to raise them to think that all men are evil paedophi1es, because one day I will be one of those middle aged men with glasses.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think that was just the line they gave him. Looking at him, I can understand why he wasn't allowed in.

But... I think the paedophile scaremongering is dropping. At least where I live. You no longer need a CRB to help in my son's school or to go on school trips.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I suppose peado's will happily go in groups of 2 or 3 then.

I think they should also ban all people with short, fat fingers - tell tale sign of the Lesser Spotted Kiddy fiddler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

2 Thanks given to muttleymacclad

DejaVu (10th November 2014),  Ganty (11th November 2014)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    I suppose peado's will happily go in groups of 2 or 3 then.

I think they should also ban all people with short, fat fingers - tell tale sign of the Lesser Spotted Kiddy fiddler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL

Cheapreefer on instagram

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Steve Jobs alive and well living in Somerset

Thanks
    Karma Level

He was trying to get in there wearing nothing but a raincoat and a Jim fixed it for me badge!

Thanks to Ginnerfreak

muttleymacclad (10th November 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

So, it's okay to turn away a single person.
    But not a paedophile grooming a kid by taking them to a theme park?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Absolute madness.

Aside from the general health and safety regulations of the park and the rides, the responsibility for keeping children safe from people who may potentially with to do them harm lies solely with the parents / guardians of those children and not the park. As sinister_monk says above, how are they going to police the possibility of a child being taken to the park by a paedophile grooming them? What are they going to do, ban all single adult / children groups? Impossible.

Their Facebook page has disabled comments as it went into meltdown lol.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't ped0philes usually get jobs where they will get to work with children? You know, like priests, clowns or falconers.

3 Thanks given to Mule

4me2 (10th November 2014),  Ganty (11th November 2014),  Over Carl (10th November 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd just pitch up with my real doll on a pair of roller blades on my arm, pass her off as 'Mrs J' and no one's the wiser. Plus, bonus, I can buy two lots of candy floss without someone thinking I'm a fat fucker.

4 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

4me2 (10th November 2014),  GTI (10th November 2014),  Mystical_2K (10th November 2014),  Over Carl (10th November 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The sad thing is that if Jimmy Savile had turned up there five years ago they would have let the cunt in.
    All this bullshit about it being in place for eight years is a crock of shite.

Can almost guarantee that someone in in power there has been blackmailed into this shit policy.

I mean why would a fucking paedo go to a falcon display when he can go to a school or a church ?
    It is also well known that most child sexual abuse occurs within the family.

Also to put it in crass terms since when has it been illegal for a paedo to go to a theme park?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Don't ped0philes usually get jobs where they will get to work with children? You know, like priests, clowns or falconers.
    It would be funny to plan a DF trip there then make a big scene about all the workers who have turned up on their own without children and how likely they are to be ped0s.

2 Thanks given to Over Carl

4me2 (10th November 2014),  muttleymacclad (10th November 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

to be fair, I'd feel like a peado if I went to a theme park alone.