Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default XBMC >> Mash.up Gone!

For those of you using Mash.up on XBMC, it will be gone following the latest update. I've not done much digging yet but it doesn't sounds like it will be back anytime soon.

Just a heads up more than anything else.

However, it's an interesting one in my mind. Quite often when something like this topples, another 3 pop up. I imagine this will cause a lot of upset for those who have bought boxes based on addons like this one. These same people often say they appreciate the risks when they buy this stuff but then they jump up and down when it's gone.

It's a real shame as it was a good app. There are alternatives but I for one won't be turning to i.Stream [which will probably go next if these apps are being targeted]. The guys behind that app used the community to test their app and give them ideas for features. Then the last I heard they weren't developing the free version anymore, only the version which was available on the box that you buy from them [probably via Android OTA]. A digusting horrible tactic in my mind. I never visited their site again after that and removed the app.

It's going to be interesting to see just how much of a ripple this causes in the matrix as people will want to flock to something else and a lot of people who own these boxes are complete chimps that have just bought them from FleaBay. Similar to $ly, too many dossers making a quick £ from someone elses hardwork, marketing it and making a living out of it.

If any of this is accurate then it's the first major attempt at breaking streaming movies, which to be fair has been a long time coming.

Thanks to AP0ll0UK

DavidF (15th November 2014)