Close

Thread: A Shade Greener

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default A Shade Greener

Anyone used these for there free solar panels? whats the catch that there not telling me, seems worth a punt, applied a couple of years back but my house is facing the wrong direction, just got stopped by a rep outside morrsions and had a chat and have a survey booked for next week, shouldnt imagine they'd be able to install many as my loft has been converted to a dorma bedroom, so one half of my roof is flat, guessing the sloping side is facing the wrong way lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: A Shade Greener

I'm with them,no catch,they install,monitor and if need be repair for free.If you need to have work done on the roof they'll remove the panels FOC and re-fit once the work is done.Obviously there's a limit how many times they'll do this.You get the electricity they produce whilst they get the tariff,must have saved me hundreds of pounds in a year.I've helped this by fitting LED bulbs though.Had no issues when it came to re-mortgaging the house either.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If the roof is facing the wrong way based on a conversation I had with them they won't want to know on the free install scheme as they won't make enough from the FiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

i thought they mite of changed there rules slightly seeing as there rep was all for me having a survey even though i told him before id applied and was turned down due to my house facing the wrong way, so a waste of everybodies time

Thanks
    Karma Level

I replied to this earlier but have gotten into a habit of pressing the REPLY TO THREAD button above the QUICK REPLY box instead of POST QUICK REPLY .. which then means I lose everything I wrote ... grrr .. obviously getting old now

Anyway, it boiled down to - we had them round about 18 months ago doing a survey and even though the back of our house faces true South they said because they could only fit 11 panels not 12 and had to put up extra scaffolding that they weren't interested.

*EDIT .. and now when I click the right button it gives me a warning popup box asking whether I want to stay on the page or leave, which then makes me doubt myself even more!