Close

Thread: Hello!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Hello!

Following a polite admonishment from Deja Vu I'd better say hello here!

Not so much a long-time lurker, more a long-time registered but not signed in. Been active on a few other forums such as Xbox-Scene for quite a while with one or two contributions that were useful once upon a time (the raincoat 0.7 fork for TSOP flashing and X360SAM for flashing Samsung drives), but not so much these days as I'm pretty much done with all that shenanigans now.

Nearly 20 years in IT means (I think) I know my way around a LAN (and the pain of migrating from Netware to Windows). At work I tend to look after the wireless side of things (about a thousand access points) plus the LAN gear at about 100 schools (now a mix of Cisco and Cisco Small Business, all gigabit, with a handful of Netgear where the Cisco stuff wouldn't physically fit) so if there's an IT related forum post that doesn't turn out to be several years old I might be able to help.

Other stuff? Well it depends whether I actually CAN post there (the motoring threads are locked to me at the mo, but I have a possibly useful tip when buying car batteries online that might make it in there one day). I doubt flat roofing is covered in Digital Forums so I'll keep my tips about laying EPDM to myself

2 Thanks given to eXOBeX

DejaVu (4th December 2014),  ilscuro (4th December 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by eXOBeX View Post

Other stuff? Well it depends whether I actually CAN post there (the motoring threads are locked to me at the mo, but I have a possibly useful tip when buying car batteries online that might make it in there one day). I doubt flat roofing is covered in Digital Forums so I'll keep my tips about laying EPDM to myself
    You could post it in here: http://digital-forums.com/forumdispl...Broom-Cupboard

Thanks
    Karma Level

2,538 posts ago you'd have known why I couldn't post in there, 'cos that's where I am now

A wander round Digital Forums is like a wander round a car boot sale, there's stuff for everyone, everywhere. I'll probably find a cosy corner of the board to settle into soon enough.

Forgot to mention, I do YouTube as well (almost 3,500 subscribers, it's surprising the shit people will watch ) so if someone needs tips with that (trying to get Vegas to output something that YT will accept, for example) I've been there and done that.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome to Digital Forums. Forum etiquette is quite high on the list here, like in real life you treat others with respect and you equally get it back. Contributing to the threads with good constructive posts gets you noticed for all the good reasons. with time your post count will go up and you will have full use of the forum. This has been put in place to stop Spammers Leechers and generally 1 post users that want something for nothing, they try and get it and go.

Digital forums has been going years and has a large fan base. some actually pay for the privilege and they get bonuses over non sub people. With time you will build up friends and likewise you will be seen here as someone that can contribute to the DF Community.
    Enjoy your stay

Thanks
    Karma Level

Forum etiquette sounds good. I hate elitism, in forums as much as anywhere else. "We were all newbies once" is a motto I try and stick to.

I've seen the mess that can happen on forums where someone gets too big for their boots, a case springs to mind where a moderator got arsey with another member and equally arsey with anyone who took issue with his initial arsiness. A whole chunk of the forum (and the motoring club that goes with it) ended up splintering off and forming their own club and forum. I suspect their VIP memberships took a pasting after that, it showed a darker side of the club that nobody wanted to see.

Anyway, that's enough doom and gloom. Lots to read!

Thanks to eXOBeX

DejaVu (4th December 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Unfortunately it appears that there are twats on here as well, and if you're new to the forum you can't do anything right. Thanks, but I'm out of here.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You're not on about LOC at all there are you Welcome to the site mate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by eXOBeX View Post
    Unfortunately it appears that there are twats on here as well, and if you're new to the forum you can't do anything right. Thanks, but I'm out of here.
    thats every forum bud lol, theres always ganna be someone ya disagree with.

Social Networking Bookmarks