Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sky News 'Third Death' After Police Storm Sydney Cafe

'Third Death' After Police Storm Sydney Cafe

Hostage-taker Sheikh Man Haron Monis is reportedly shot dead by police after killing one person during a siege at a Sydney cafe.

A third person has reportedly died after police stormed a Sydney cafe, ending a 16-hour siege in the city's central business district.
    Gunman Sheikh Man Haron Monis is believed to have been killed after heavily-armed officers threw flash grenades into the Martin Place cafe before raiding the premises.

Channel Nine reported that the 49-year-old gunman killed one of the hostages before police swooped.
    A second hostage is also reported to have died, according to The Daily Telegraph.

In dramatic scenes at the Lindt cafe, at least five panicked hostages escaped from the building in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
    Police then swooped on the gunman. A series of loud explosions were heard at the scene before glass shattered onto the pavement from a nearby window.
    Two women, believed to have been hostages, have been taken to Royal North Shore Hospital for treatment.
    "We have a woman in her 40s... she came in first, she has a gunshot wound to the leg and she is in a serious but stable condition," a hospital spokeswoman said.

A 39-year-old police officer is also being treated for a gunshot graze to the cheek, while a 30-year-old woman has also been brought from Martin Place and is in a stable condition.
    The nature of her injuries is not known, although she was not shot, the spokeswoman said.
    A spokesman for St Vincent's Hospital in Darlinghurst confirmed one man was delivered to the hospital earlier in the siege.
    He was one of the first hostages to escape from the cafe, and remains in a "satisfactory" condition.

1/49

Television footage also showed a woman on a stretcher being taken into Royal Prince Alfred hospital.
    Paramedics appeared to be treating her with breathing apparatus. Her condition is not known.
    :: Follow live updates here
    Alarms rang in the street as more police officers and ambulance crews were sent into the cafe, where a gunman held up to 20 hostages in a 16-hour siege.

After the hostages escaped and police entered the cafe, a bomb-disposal robot approached the doorway.
    Police have confirmed that the siege has now ended.
    The gunman has been named as Sheikh Man Haron Monis, who is notorious in Australia for sending abusive letters to family members of soldiers killed in Afghanistan.
    The siege began at 10am local time when Monis - who was previously known to both Sydney police and media - entered the cafe in Martin Place carrying a pump-action shotgun.

Hostages were seen holding a black flag with white Arabic text similar to those displayed by the Islamic State group.
    Footage showed Monis apparently using one hostage as a human shield.
    Monis operated a website which was taken down shortly after he was named as the hostage-taker in the media.
    In a letter on the site, which he signed Sheikh Haron, he accused the US, Britain and Australia of "oppression and terrorism" alongside images of dead children.

http://news.sky.com/story/1392304/third-death-after-police-storm-sydney-cafe

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 'Third Death' After Police Storm Sydney Cafe

video of the demands before it all kicked off
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=12a_1418655542

Sent By Brick Wrapped In Paper Thrown Through The Window..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Channel Nine reported that the 49-year-old gunman killed one of the hostages before police swooped.
    A second hostage is also reported to have died, according to The Daily Telegraph.

So the police killed the second hostage?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post

So the police killed the second hostage?
    Heart attack I think

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apart from the thunder flashes and isolated shots I heard someone empty a mag of what sounded like an Uzi. Apparently the shop mananager tried to grab the idiot's weapon and failed and then it all kicked off. One lady who died threw
    herself over a pregnant lady to save her.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here is his former lawyer on the Today program talking about what he believes pushed him over the edge. In my mind this wasn't your typical suicidal Jihadist out to kill as many as possible, but a troubled man who felt the walls closing in. Its says more about failures in the penal and mental health system than about homeland security.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

It says more about the Australian police chief who was glory hunting by trying to take him alive. There was ample opportunity for snipers to have taken out this cunt long before 15 hours.

2 Thanks given to 4me2

darkstar (16th December 2014),  littlebilly1 (16th December 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

True saw plenty of times he was by the window he could of been taken down

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
    True saw plenty of times he was by the window he could of been taken down
    I guess they had to take seriously what he said about having planted multiple bombs, because had he been holding a deadman's switch, a sniper shot would have resulted in their detonation.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bollox they had a clear view of everything for hours.

Thanks
    Karma Level

When looking at the 3 idiots taking a selfie it sums up the typical member of the human race, today. No empathy for those inside the building. More a chance for their 15 minutes of fame and a chance to show off to their mates....!