Its been two year now that i have move to my own house. Time to update my old 26" LCD TV that i had for 8-10 years now.
I have been looking at LG 49UB850V its hit all the marks (when firmware is updated), yes its the first gen UHD, but around £899 not to bad on price.
only bad points I could find:
1) No contents, there not much out there, but in time there will be.
2) I have a media pc, there no HDMI 2 graphic card out there, so no full 4K from the media pc. (not yet)
3) The most important issue I have, its the wife , she hasn't see the this model yet, but she doesn't want over 42".
The main points of my new TV will be great picture, and passive 3D (Yes I want 3D, and I don't care what I look like when i put the glass on so there ) with the 49UB850V i can get 1080p 3D.
But just in case the wife say no , I need to find a 42", but there so many out there. But I also want a good sound bar to go with the new TV. I got a mach with the 49UB850V, with a budget of £1200 total.
So want I need help on:
1) If you got the 49UB850V, any tips and advise & setting
2) Any advise on 42" to 46" set, I will look into sound bars, due to my TV stand size.
I not going to rush in buy any thing until end of January 2015, the wife flying for x-mas to see her family, while I am at work doing much over time I can. I will show her to UHD in currys when see get back with my finger cross.