Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default UFC 182 - Jones v Cormier

I seriously cannot wait for this tonight. I honestly think Jones is going to lose.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: UFC 182 - Jones v Cormier

I've been thinking the same thing, however he looked so chilled at the weigh-in whereas Cormier just looks angry. Now I'm not so sure! Should be a cracking fight though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just watched the fight night. Thought it was poor overall and Jones came on strong in the 4th and 5th even though other than the take-downs the clinching was boring to watch. DC looked dangerous when he came in with the upper-cuts he was throwing. Not keen to see them fight it out again as the height difference will always create this type of fight.

UFC 184 looks a good card and looking forward to seeing the very unorthodox Mcgregor next week!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had it the same as Rosales score card,

Jones 1,4 and 5. DC took 2 and 3 at a slight push.

Was a disappointing main card aside from Cerones kicks and the main event, which was excellent.
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't see this coming. Also why didnt he get a ban? Nick Diaz got banned for a year for marijuana.

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones failed a drug test prior to this past weekend’s UFC 182 event due to coca1ne metabolites and has entered rehab.
    MMAjunkie today confirmed the test results with Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Bob Bennett.
    Jones (21-1 MMA, 15-1 UFC) successfully defended his title for an eighth consecutive time after defeating Daniel Cormier (15-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) via unanimous decision at the Jan. 3 pay-per-view event. He was randomly tested on Dec. 4, and results came back on Dec. 23, Bennett said.
    The drug test detected benzoylecgonine, the primary metabolite of coca1ne.
    “At this point and time, Jones checked himself into a rehab center, and we’ll cross that bridge when he get to it,” Bennett told MMAjunkie when asked of the NSAC’s plans in wake of the failed test.
    Jones is ranked No. 1 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA light-heavyweight rankings, and he’s also No. 1 pound-for-pound. Despite being just 27, the fighter’s four-year title reign has already sparked debate that he’s the greatest fighter in MMA history.
    Because benzoylecgonine is not banned out of competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency, the NSAC could not halt Jones from fighting at UFC 182, which proved to be one of the biggest events in recent MMA history.
    Following news of the failed test, the UFC issued the following statement, with no mention of any company-issued punishments:
    We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’ decision to enter a drug treatment facility to address his recent issue. While we are disappointed in the failed test, we applaud him for making this decision to enter a drug treatment facility. Jon is a strong, courageous fighter inside the octagon, and we expect him to fight this issue with the same poise and diligence. We commend him on his decision, and look forward to him emerging from this program a better man as a result.
    The company’s president, Dana White, said he’s “proud” of Jones for entering rehab.
    “I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to enter a drug treatment facility,” he stated. “I’m confident that he’ll emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.”
    Results on the NSAC’s fight-week drug testing aren’t yet available.
    For more on UFC 182, check out the UFC Events section of the site.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-cha...y-enters-rehab

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Matt riddle got gased for smoking grass as well .

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by H4ss4n View Post
    Didn't see this coming. Also why didnt he get a ban? Nick Diaz got banned for a year for marijuana.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-cha...y-enters-rehab

I read that NSAC don't rate coca1ne mets as a performance enhancing so it's not down to them to punish him. UFC could still do so, but they'll do fuck all.

Perhaps this is something to do with it.

http://www.cagepotato.com/nsac-head-...for-marijuana/

UFC welterweight Nick Diaz and his most recent positive test for marijuana after competing against Carlos Condit at UFC 143 in Las Vegas, may present Nevada with a first of its kind disciplinary situation, according to Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) Executive Director Keith Kizer. Diaz is a resident of California, where medical marijuana has been legal since 2003, and the fighter has said that he has been prescribed marijuana by doctors to treat psychological issues.

Zuffa and UFC/Dana/Lorenzo etc are all getting soft.

I'd run a no drugs policy, list a set of banned substances and anyone found with traces would be heavily fines/stripped of belts and lose rankings etc.

"That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"