Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Anyone here on EE for mobile contract and broadband?

I have noticed my bill jump today by £10 and I know it's not much but it's still £10!
    looking online I can see my monthly discount of £10 for having a mobile contract with EE has disappeared.

when I took out the bb I already had a mobile contract so I was told I would get the £10 discount for being a mobile customer.
    nothing has changed I still have the contract and yet my £10 discount has disappeared?
    when I called EE the CS girl told me that the mobile customer offer was only for 6 months....

does anyone one else have the discount still or is it only a 6 month offer as I feel I have been mislead.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone here on EE for mobile contract and broadband?

Update.

Just found this at the bottom of my contract:

Combine and Save

If you’re an EE, Orange or T-Mobile mobile phone customer (excluding our pay as you go mobile broadband customers, business customers on a pay as you go plan and large or public sector customers), you’ll get a £10 discount on your monthly Broadband bill (the “Discount”), until you cancel your mobile or mobile broadband account.

so I take it I'm due a little refund and the continuation of my discount?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just tell them you are holding them to THEIR contract.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks to blaggard

Teajunkie (13th January 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

EE are a total joke IMHO, recently lost All mobile signal at home/in 3 mile radius thereof, mobile showing no network but strong signal. After a right faff trying to contact CS ( no phone signal and bloody hopeless website) eventually got to speak to someone, numerous checks/tests was told ooh that's a bad area for a signal best advice change provider!

Thanks to stevet

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey,

We have a shared package at home. The wife has the phone/contract and I 'share' the package for £10 a month.
    We have not had a problem with the EE side, however when she changed from T-Mobile to EE there was a massive problem. They were trying to charge her nearly £1000 for coming out of her existing contract early, even though they are the same company and they suggested she moved to a new EE contract.

What I can say for them though is that they did resolve the issue and they did it without asking her to jump through hoops and perform perfect 10 backflips.

So, give them a call, see what they say and if they have broken their contract then it sounds like you are in a perfect position to cancel it and move on. But from my experience they will resolve it.

Thanks to Squizza

Thanks
    Karma Level

Took 2 year iphone deal with ee Xmas 2013 for the daughter.
    Moved from skyBB to ee in Sept2014 and they gave me an extra 10Gb shared mobile data on top of the 2Gb contract data. Agreed to pay line rental up front leaving me with 12months @£2.50 home broadband. Thought I'd then migrate my own mobile in Dec at the end of my contract.
    Up to the point where the bills started coming thru'.
    Each time I spoke to someone, they told me it would be sorted for the next bill. Took me 3 months of phonecalls to tell them how to correct their own offer.
    Needless to say I'm still on 3 and won't be moving my phone over to them.

Will be interesting to see what cancellation options are available, if any, when BT take over.

Thanks to chizh

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well to update wife called them back when I found the contract.
    got through to India call centre ( don't get me started ) fucking hell what an absolute shambles they are!

she gave up and I called from the home phone 0800 number went straight through to uk call centre.
    to which they informed us the last operator in India had put in a cancellation request and we will be charged a buy out fee!!!

what the f**k? I didn't ask for that and neither did my missus so put that straight and informed the CS staff that I am supposed to have the £10 discount ofor the life of my mobile contract and not just the 6 months.

to which they have now informed me I can either take out a new phone contract (separate) for another 6 months of £10 discount or cancel my broadband and home phone.

to say I'm fucking fuming is an understatement.

i requested a callback which they informed me would be 30 mins which never happened
    does anyone have any legal knowledge to look over my contract?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you have it in Black and White, what can't speak, can't lie. Call them back, tell them the clause you have written at the bottom of your bill. If they do not honour it, threaten them with Ofcom.

Remember though, after the first contract of up to 12 months, you could have automatically renewed and the contract terms may have changed.

BT tried this trick with me til I phoned and asked them to show my signature or approval of a renewed contract.

I was told my acceptance for BT Sports was room enough for a new contract. Argued the toss with BT Twitter to avoid India and the contract was scrapped.

I'm back to month by month with them til I want to walk.

Thanks to DejaVu

Thanks
    Karma Level

Update :

to cut a long story short I called sky to cancel my sub they have reduced my current package £34 down to £11 for the next 10 months. And after offering me broadband I decided to call EE again.

I called EE to chase up the callback and spoke to a wonderful lady who was actually understanding and read my contract.
    she said the £10 discount was already applied dropping the cost to £36pm but as there was a huge miscommunication she has applied the £10.50pm credit to my account until my contract is up in 12 months.
    At that point I can then apply for another offer or move supplier.

i think I love that woman she couldn't have helped any more if she tried.
    my faith in EE has gone but the lady I spoke to simply amazing.

Problem solved.

Thanks to Teajunkie

DejaVu (7th January 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    Update :

to cut a long story short I called sky to cancel my sub they have reduced my current package £34 down to £11 for the next 10 months. And after offering me broadband I decided to call EE again.

I called EE to chase up the callback and spoke to a wonderful lady who was actually understanding and read my contract.
    she said the £10 discount was already applied dropping the cost to £36pm but as there was a huge miscommunication she has applied the £10.50pm credit to my account until my contract is up in 12 months.
    At that point I can then apply for another offer or move supplier.

i think I love that woman she couldn't have helped any more if she tried.
    my faith in EE has gone but the lady I spoke to simply amazing.

Problem solved.
    Glad you got it sorted. Did you take the womens name?

If so, E-mail EE CEO (olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk) with a commendation for her. I used to work in a call centre years back, and it's really the little things like that which keep you going.
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks to BigBrand

Teajunkie (7th January 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes mate I did and her team managers name.
    she was so chuffed that my issue was sorted.

it makes a change to come across a helpfull CS staff member.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Great result!

Thanks to DejaVu

Teajunkie (7th January 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey,

Great outcome. This type of service from them is what I have had.

There are some good ones out there. Glad your sorted now.

Thanks to Squizza

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just for furure, here's a good one.

If a company isn't adhering to their conttact, send them a letter recorded delivery to their CEO exlpaining where they are gonig wrong. It's best if you clearly quote their terms and state where they have gone wrong.

Then I like to quote the Fraud Act, specifically the section that says if someone demands something they know they aren't entitled to, this amounts to the criminal offense of fraud.

Then I finish by saying I expect not to receive any incorrect or fraudulent demands, should any arrive I will happily report the CEO for commiting fraud at my local police station.

Normally does the job sharpish that one. Just for added effect, I normally copy the layout from their debt collectors letters (if a payment's been disputed a while normally firms love to get debt collection involved).

Thanks to Over Carl

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    Glad you got it sorted. Did you take the womens name?

If so, E-mail EE CEO (olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk) with a commendation for her. I used to work in a call centre years back, and it's really the little things like that which keep you going.

Did is that when they let me out of a 2 year contract ~ 18 months early. Basic issue was on their "signal map" I should have been getting 4g outside and good 3G inside, had to walk to end of the road to get a signal, they didn't have any femtocells to give me so let me off the ~£500 get out early charge (I then bought a femtocell on fleabag and dropped my tariff to the min...)

but ut did email (think it was the above person) saying how helpful the staff were as they really went out of their way and made the call to let me go when they could have just been cnuts.

2 Thanks given to blacksheep

BigBrand (13th January 2015),  Teajunkie (13th January 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Done similar with barclaycard after a fuck up - Indian team, useless. Finally complaint gets escalated and some poor woman has apparently listened to my over an hour trying to explain a simple refund issue to some idiot before being passed to team lead and manager etc and then they cut me off (that's what really annoyed me). Ended up raising a written complaint which was a nightmare as they always try redirect to some faq.

Anyway, couple of 3/4 page letters from this lady, chat on the phone (sympathised that she had to listen to the calls) and she's sorted it out, gesture of good will on top of (this was when they'd just hung up on me) me billing them at my hourly rate for their fuck up and interest on the amount involved at their rate.

Emailed ceo saying great service and didn't know how to get this fed down to her for next appraisal but wanted to flag the exceptional service and got a reply (probably from PA). Had to speak to them briefly again and got another woman on the team but she said the executive office had been in touch to commend her - so it does help guys, that 5 mins means we're more likely to see staffing return and better customer service.