Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The Internet Archive Adds 2300 DOS Games to their Software Library. Free to play!

Retro gamers rejoice! The Internet Archive, mostly known for their "Internet Time Capsule" called the Way Back Machine, has added 2298 MS-DOS games to their Software Library and allows users to play them via in-browser emulation for free!

If you have the retro gaming bug and you get the itch to play Prince of Persia or The Oregon Trail, but just don't feel like setting up DOS-Box and digging through your collection of old floppy disks, now you can re-visit those classics without any hassle in just a few clicks. If you're too young to remember those great games, The Internet Archive now gives you a perfect opportunity to familiarize yourself with the history of PC gaming completely free of charge.

In addition to MS-DOS games, The Internet Archive also stores software for Apple, Atari, IBM PC and even the ZX Spectrum, so there's a lot to see. Should you wish to check out their software collection, be sure to follow the link below.

Source (Washington Post)
    The Internet Archive: MS-DOS Games Collection
    The Internet Archive: Software Library

5 Thanks given to {{909}}

Basset (15th January 2015),  cyprus (13th January 2015),  hondo2 (19th February 2015),  reverend (19th February 2015),  stevo25 (13th January 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Internet Archive Adds 2300 DOS Games to their Software Library. Free to play!

Hey,

Found this a couple of weeks back. Work struggles with it as they block gaming sites but I have had much fun at home with it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Internet Archive Adds 2300 DOS Games to their Software Library. Free to play!

How do you play them through the browser? I can't see a link on their site or I'm blind.

Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, I have found the option where you can click to play or download but both buttons are greyed out for me. I have signed up and logged in and used IE and Chrome, but the option to play is still grey.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey,

I just click on the image of the game then 'turned on' the power button which loaded it.

Cannot do it from work but will record a video later if you do not resolve it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ran wolfenstein without a problem, other than it seeming shite after all these years.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks man