Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    DF VIP Member
    Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        785
    Karma Level
    708

    Wanted 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Guys,

    Purchased a newish CCTV DVR that takes up to 8TB so I'm looking for one or two drives (IDE) not sata.

    Currently using two old 60gb and 80gb drives for now but they are not going to hold much data.

    Regards
    Life’s To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

  2. #2
    DF Super Moderator
    evilsatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    20,359
    Thanks
    1,194
    Thanked:        3,439
    Karma Level
    1592

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Are you sure you want IDE in a 'newish' device? It was superseded a very long time ago now and I've never heard of an IDE above 1TB.

    If they are SATA then you might be better looking at 3TB or 4TB drives as they are better on cost:capacity ratio. Western Digital have a Purple line specifically for CCTV although the Red drives are probably just as good in real-world use. (Purple drives claim to capture more frames than other drives but I am not totally convinced, both Purple and Red are for 24/7 use, 3 year warranty).


  3. #3
    DF VIP Member
    Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        785
    Karma Level
    708

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Its a IDE drive.

    My old system is sata but didn't have jog or shuttle feature and it only cost me £31 from the states, cost more to ship it over.

    2TB is the biggest I can find and the cheapest I've seen is £50 quid from amazon.

    Thanks bud.
    Life’s To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

  4. #4
    DF VIP Member
    Mystical_2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sunnyvale
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    1,223
    Thanked:        1,004
    Karma Level
    704

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    2TB ide drive for £50? i would snap their hand off mate, i doubt you will get any cheaper than that
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

  5. #5
    DF VIP Member
    Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        785
    Karma Level
    708

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Thanks bud.
    Life’s To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

  6. #6
    DF Jedi plug1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    glesga
    Posts
    1,965
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked:        245
    Karma Level
    363

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Its a IDE drive.

    My old system is sata but didn't have jog or shuttle feature and it only cost me £31 from the states, cost more to ship it over.

    2TB is the biggest I can find and the cheapest I've seen is £50 quid from amazon.

    Thanks bud.
    can an show a link to this drive . Because there's no such thing as far as I know

  7. #7
    DF VIP Member
    Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        785
    Karma Level
    708

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Well I must be thick then bud cos I have currently installed as a temp one 60GB and one 80GB IDE drives in the DVR and its working a treat but need bigger.

    Details [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This unit retails for $1540 new. Hard drive is not included. DVR Main Features: 9 Channel H.264 DVR 270fps Recording & Playback 3 Hard Drives 2 Spot Monitor Output 19" Rack Mountable (Include Rack Mount Ear) Easy Search by Jog & Shuttle with LCD Indication High Level Functions: Time sync. by NTP & DST / S.M.A.R.T. Function & Disk Error Alarm / ID Type Remote Controller / Low Speed Playback (1/2, 1/4, 1/16 Playback), 2x Digital Zoom Backup Devices: USB 2.0, DVD-RW and Others (Memory Stick, Network Backup)Web Viewer and Smartphone viewer (iPhone, iPad, Android) / NAS backup function CMS Program DVR Specifications: Performance: Pentaplex OS: Embedded Linux Record Speed: CIF - 270fps; Half D1 -240fps; D1 - 120fpsVideo In/Loop Out: 9/9 BNC Video Out - Main Display: 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, 1 Composite (CVBS)Video Out - Spot: 2 BNC / Single Screen / Fix or Rotate Audio Input/Output: 4/1 (RCA), G.723 codec Sensor Input/Alarm Output: 8 Input/4 Output Control Device: USB Mouse/IR Remote Controller/Front Key Screen - Display Split: 1, 4, 9 Screen - Interface: Graphic User Interface, Multi Language Support Video Format: NTSC / PAL (Manual select type)Video Codec: H.264Video Image Quality: Highest / High / Normal / Low / Lowest Video Recording Type: Schedule / Normal / Event (Motion, Sensor, Video loss)Storage: Max. 8 TB (DVD-RW + 3 HDDs) Connectors - USB/RS-485: 2 USB Port / PTZ Camera, PTZ Controller Interface Rack Mount: 19" Standard Rack Mount Kit Camera Option: Color Adjustment / Position Change / Freeze / 2X Digital Zoom (Live/Playback)Motion - Sensitivity: 5 Level Motion Detection System - Hidden Camera: Hidden Camera On Live Monitoring System - Functions: Auto Recovery, Factory Default, Watch Dog System - Firmware Upgrade: By USB Event Source: Motion / Sensor / Video loss Event - Action: Recording, E-Mail, Log, Send Message to Remote, Buzzer, Pop Up, Alarm, PTZ Preset PTZ: RS 485 (Local & Remote Control)Search Playback - Screen Split: 1, 4, 9 Search Playback - Speed (Forward / Backward): 4 steps Search Playback - Search: Calendar / Designated Time & Date / Event Backup - File Format: AVI, DVR Format Backup - Media: NAS / DVD / USB / Network Network - Type: Static / DHCP / ADSL / DDNS / NTP Network - Base -T: 10/100 Mbps Network - Max No. of Connections: 7 Users Simultaneously Network - Client: CMS, Web Viewer, Agent Function, Smart Phone Support (Public App or Web Browser)Operating Temperature / Humidity: 0~45°C, 32~113℉ / 5~85% Dimension: 440(W) x 430(D) x 90(H)mm / 7 Kg, 17.3(W) x 16.9(D) x 3.5(H) in Power: 115 ~ 230 VAC (50Hz / 60Hz) Compatible with the following smart phones: iPhone 3gs, 4 and 5; Windows Mobile 6.1+; Android 2.1 or newer.
    Life’s To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

  8. #8
    DF VIP Member
    Mystical_2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sunnyvale
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    1,223
    Thanked:        1,004
    Karma Level
    704

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Well I must be thick then bud cos I have currently installed as a temp one 60GB and one 80GB IDE drives in the DVR and its working a treat but need bigger.

    Details [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This unit retails for $1540 new. Hard drive is not included. DVR Main Features: 9 Channel H.264 DVR 270fps Recording & Playback 3 Hard Drives 2 Spot Monitor Output 19" Rack Mountable (Include Rack Mount Ear) Easy Search by Jog & Shuttle with LCD Indication High Level Functions: Time sync. by NTP & DST / S.M.A.R.T. Function & Disk Error Alarm / ID Type Remote Controller / Low Speed Playback (1/2, 1/4, 1/16 Playback), 2x Digital Zoom Backup Devices: USB 2.0, DVD-RW and Others (Memory Stick, Network Backup)Web Viewer and Smartphone viewer (iPhone, iPad, Android) / NAS backup function CMS Program DVR Specifications: Performance: Pentaplex OS: Embedded Linux Record Speed: CIF - 270fps; Half D1 -240fps; D1 - 120fpsVideo In/Loop Out: 9/9 BNC Video Out - Main Display: 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, 1 Composite (CVBS)Video Out - Spot: 2 BNC / Single Screen / Fix or Rotate Audio Input/Output: 4/1 (RCA), G.723 codec Sensor Input/Alarm Output: 8 Input/4 Output Control Device: USB Mouse/IR Remote Controller/Front Key Screen - Display Split: 1, 4, 9 Screen - Interface: Graphic User Interface, Multi Language Support Video Format: NTSC / PAL (Manual select type)Video Codec: H.264Video Image Quality: Highest / High / Normal / Low / Lowest Video Recording Type: Schedule / Normal / Event (Motion, Sensor, Video loss)Storage: Max. 8 TB (DVD-RW + 3 HDDs) Connectors - USB/RS-485: 2 USB Port / PTZ Camera, PTZ Controller Interface Rack Mount: 19" Standard Rack Mount Kit Camera Option: Color Adjustment / Position Change / Freeze / 2X Digital Zoom (Live/Playback)Motion - Sensitivity: 5 Level Motion Detection System - Hidden Camera: Hidden Camera On Live Monitoring System - Functions: Auto Recovery, Factory Default, Watch Dog System - Firmware Upgrade: By USB Event Source: Motion / Sensor / Video loss Event - Action: Recording, E-Mail, Log, Send Message to Remote, Buzzer, Pop Up, Alarm, PTZ Preset PTZ: RS 485 (Local & Remote Control)Search Playback - Screen Split: 1, 4, 9 Search Playback - Speed (Forward / Backward): 4 steps Search Playback - Search: Calendar / Designated Time & Date / Event Backup - File Format: AVI, DVR Format Backup - Media: NAS / DVD / USB / Network Network - Type: Static / DHCP / ADSL / DDNS / NTP Network - Base -T: 10/100 Mbps Network - Max No. of Connections: 7 Users Simultaneously Network - Client: CMS, Web Viewer, Agent Function, Smart Phone Support (Public App or Web Browser)Operating Temperature / Humidity: 0~45°C, 32~113℉ / 5~85% Dimension: 440(W) x 430(D) x 90(H)mm / 7 Kg, 17.3(W) x 16.9(D) x 3.5(H) in Power: 115 ~ 230 VAC (50Hz / 60Hz) Compatible with the following smart phones: iPhone 3gs, 4 and 5; Windows Mobile 6.1+; Android 2.1 or newer.
    i think he was asking for a link to the 2TB IDE drive, he has a good point that its very unusual to find an IDE of that size, i thought 500GB was the max (based on the fact its the biggest ive seen)
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

  9. #9
    DF Jedi plug1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    glesga
    Posts
    1,965
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked:        245
    Karma Level
    363

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    750 is max on IDE , he's not the sharpest drill bit.

    Thanks to plug1

    Mystical_2K (25th February 2015) 


  10. #10
    DF VIP Member
    Mystical_2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sunnyvale
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    1,223
    Thanked:        1,004
    Karma Level
    704

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Quote Originally Posted by plug1 View Post
    750 is max on IDE , he's not the sharpest drill bit.
    thanks for that, is their a reason 750GB is the max, just out of interest
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

  11. #11
    DF Super Moderator MrTeajunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked:        2,372
    Karma Level
    609

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    I have a couple somewhere if you want them mate but I think they are only 250gb and 120gb I will have to trawl the loft so let me know if you want them.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirt’s and decals.

  12. #12
    DF General DogsBody
    Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Digital Forums
    Posts
    17,776
    Thanks
    2,441
    Thanked:        2,673
    Karma Level
    1352

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    You will be very lucky to get anything over 500 gig theesedays on IDE
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Heres a bigger one
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  13. #13
    DF Super Moderator MrTeajunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked:        2,372
    Karma Level
    609

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Have you thought about adapters ?
    pata to sata
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirt’s and decals.

    Thanks to MrTeajunkie

    Realist (25th February 2015) 


  14. #14
    DF Jedi plug1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    glesga
    Posts
    1,965
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked:        245
    Karma Level
    363

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    thanks for that, is their a reason 750GB is the max, just out of interest
    Yeh because IDE is effectively obsolete . You don't make parts that no one wants . And 750 is where IDE reached EOL .

  15. #15
    DF VIP Member
    Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        785
    Karma Level
    708

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Now that's an idea cos my old CCTV unit has a 1TB sata and this way its a win, win

    Looking into this idea.

    Thanks bud.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    Have you thought about adapters ?
    pata to sata
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Life’s To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

    Thanks to Realist

    MrTeajunkie (25th February 2015) 


  16. #16
    DF VIP Member
    Mystical_2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sunnyvale
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    1,223
    Thanked:        1,004
    Karma Level
    704

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Quote Originally Posted by plug1 View Post
    Yeh because IDE is effectively obsolete . You don't make parts that no one wants . And 750 is where IDE reached EOL .
    ah ok, wondered if their was some technical limitation
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

  17. #17
    DF Super Moderator MrTeajunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked:        2,372
    Karma Level
    609

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Hijacking your thread a bit here sorry

    What's your old system fella?
    you looking to get shot of it as I was thinking of investing in one to cover the garden and driveway.

    if not any recommendations on a really cheap kit with cameras.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.
    I make mugs, keyrings, coasters, T-shirt’s and decals.

  18. #18
    DF VIP Member
    Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        785
    Karma Level
    708

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    God I've had it for well over 4 years never missed a beat and only changing it because I wanted jog/shutter facilities.

    The old one you have to manually enter a time, date etc for search and then press fast forward via the remote where the new one I can just turn a wheel.

    The name of it is Xvision X8DVR.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This is the old system above.

    8 channel DVR with recordable DVD, USB and Hard drive full working Remote control for DVR included Mains cable.

    The key features are listed as follows.
    • Motion detection and alarm function
    • Record to DVD
    • MPEG-4 high quality compression, 5~10 times smaller than MJPEG
    • Triplex operation (recording, playback and network access)
    • Remote monitoring, instant recording and dome camera control via Ethernet
    • Live display: 120pps (NTSC)/ 100pps (PAL)
    • 1 Channels, in & out, for audio recording
    • Support up to 2 internal HDDs
    • USB port for video clip export
    • Easy software upgrade via USB
    • Export DVR file which can be played via DVRPlayer
    • DVRPlayer application software will be attached with exported disks
    • Multiple built-in dome camera protocol: DynaColor, Pelco D, Pelco P, AD422 and Fastrax 2.
    • Digital Zoom 2X2, available in live mode
    • Pre-Alarm recording
    • Multiple language on-screen menus
    • Network software supports static IP and DHCP
    Life’s To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

  19. #19
    DF VIP Member
    Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        785
    Karma Level
    708

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    Plus just opened the old system up and found I had 2x drives installed both sata 1x 250gb and the other 500gb not the 1tb I thought I had.
    Life’s To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

  20. #20
    DF VIP Member
    Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    5,459
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        785
    Karma Level
    708

    Default Re: 2X up to 8TB Hard Drives

    If anyone is interested in the old system above I'll let it go for £90.00 inc of postage and a 250gb sata drive installed. (no cameras only the DVR with 250gb drive and power supply).

    That will cover what the new system cost.
    Life’s To Short To Argue - I say As I Get Up Off The Floor After The Misses Wacks Me With A frying Pan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [FOR SALE] NAS Drives and hard drives
    By fanni in forum Buy, Sell and Trade
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 30th May 2014, 07:34 PM
  2. Hard drives.
    By Greyfox in forum PC Hardware
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2nd July 2008, 11:31 PM
  3. WTD: Faulty Hard Hard Drives...
    By devs in forum Buy, Sell and Trade
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20th March 2006, 09:53 AM
  4. Hard Drives
    By BertRoot in forum The Whine Cellar
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 9th June 2005, 01:51 AM
  5. IBM Hard Drives
    By theodotcom in forum PC Hardware
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 9th October 2002, 05:29 AM

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •