mid life crisis just bought a hpi savage x4.6 remote controlled car

Thread: mid life crisis just bought a hpi savage x4.6 remote controlled car

B B Leo said:

Default Re: mid life crisis just bought a hpi savage x4.6 remote controlled car

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    lol, mid life crisis. I think the purchase of a remote controlled car is more like a 'mid life purchase' or 'mid life blowout'....or at worst, 'mid life funny five minutes'.

If you could come back to us when you've bought a full size sports car, or procured yourself a nubile 20 year old blonde...then we can talk crises
    this is on top of the dji phanton 2 i just bought
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     Big-Bad-Leo 

dpSparhawk said:

Fk me I'm tempted now lol. Last time I had a RC car was the "hornet" back in the day. Nothing like one of these but fuck it if I'm going to get another RC. It'd be something like this. I live within 2 minutes walking distance of 2 huge park areas so lots of grass and some decent knolls to jump off as well .

How much does the RC fuel cost and how long do you get out of the 250ml bottle?

Just YouTubed the Savage X. Damn look at that fker go

B B. Stick a go pro on it when you get it

blacksheep said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    I have a nitro in my loft but it's a focus wrc and won't run on grass
    i have only run the bloody thing about three times since new as there's never been anywhere big enough to use it.
    i got mine probably 12 years + from modelsport.

now it looks like I'm going to be investing in one of these bad boys
    similar - so quick, managed to break one of the front struts on first outting - car parks are quite good or tennis courts but still don't use it really.

B B Leo said:

beauty of hpi is u can get every part for it. they are all in the manual
     Big-Bad-Leo 

plug1 said:

I don't rate trucks there top heavy and unstable and quite slow to accelerate , and crap at jumping and to me that's what there all about .
    They don't break as easy though. The touring car I had was useless unless you got a proper track to race on .
    you hit a pebble it's like crashing into breeze block .setting up the suspension was stupid crazy , different weights of oil for shockers and toe in and camber to adjust
    the rb engines although good , need tuned well , and the compression is just stupid . Knackers the bumper box rubber
    every 10 starts.
    nova Rossi make good pipes and I can't fault them .

EvilBoB said:

Same as plug. I'm all about the buggys.

Nitros can be very fiddly to tune and require some looking after to a certain degree to maitain their performance. Don't think I'd go back to nitro now. leccy and petrol all the way Petrol engines are MUCH easier to start and more importantly KEEP running. Nothing worse than a nitro engine cutting out several hundred feet away haha... ahhhh the memories. Petrol only cut out when the fuel is gone really and electric when the batteries run out.

For those that asked here's a short vid of a few of my cars running. The petrol one is obviously the massive one that can kill dogs/small children lol.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

EvilBoB said:

DF Moderator

EvilBoB said:

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    Fk me I'm tempted now lol. Last time I had a RC car was the "hornet" back in the day. Nothing like one of these but fuck it if I'm going to get another RC. It'd be something like this. I live within 2 minutes walking distance of 2 huge park areas so lots of grass and some decent knolls to jump off as well .

How much does the RC fuel cost and how long do you get out of the 250ml bottle?

Just YouTubed the Savage X. Damn look at that fker go

B B. Stick a go pro on it when you get it

I missed these questions..

A bottle that size will set you back around 10 to 15 and last AGES. Stinks like fuck though but Byron is the best. You have to get the right grade for the engine you have too so bear that in mind.

Some police hate these cars and I know people that ended up with ASBOs because of running them so beware and be prepared. Get yourself a BRCA license as that gives you personal insurance incase you hit any kids/animals and isn't that expensive - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] it's an annual thing and you would need it to use any race tracks.
    DF Moderator