Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Mileage Correction - L322 PLEASE HELP !! Tacho Pro 2008 Range Rover

My Range Rover 2003 L322 recently had the cluster die,

I bought one from a junk yard (new cluster), I've bought a pixel repair ribbon for it from akspeedo.com
    My friend has leant me his Tacho Prowhich is in a box full of cables etc i've looked through all the instructions on the cd
    and nothing for Range RoverL322 2003 !! arghhh

Anyway the cluster now is in bits and I want to adjust the mileage to match my history before I put it back in the car,

I've found some stuff on x5 and it looks very similar to my instrument cluster, but i cant find any instructions guides for that cluster either?

I thought it would need to be connected to the EEprom, however all the chips on the back have some kind of protected glue or something over it?
    I can't find the EEPROM as some of the chips are blank?

Please have anyone used a Tacho Proon the L322 before? If so please can you help me.

I've never used this before so please can you dumb down any advice as before yesterday I'd never opened a cluster or heard of a EEPROM

Thanks
    Hyde

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Mileage Correction - L322 PLEASE HELP !! Tacho Pro 2008 Range Rover

blast from the past its a big ass 24 pin dil package, cant remember the number but will look in my files in work tomorrow , all you need to do is swap them

Mike

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks I await your advice

Thanks
    Karma Level

Suggest you read the rules

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    Another fantastic intro, I am sure this guy didn't just join this forum and get free info (leech) and run and given time he would have read his intro email, but right now m8 you look like a Leeching TWAT!
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

"if you post in another section requesting help this may be considered leeching and get a negative reaction from other members this may also result in membership being removed"

I've never heard of the term leeching before !!! I just wanted help with something

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hydedogg View Post
    <font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Helvetica Neue">"if you post in another section requesting help this may be considered leeching and get a negative reaction from other members this may also result in membership being removed"<br>
    <br>
    I've never heard of the term leeching before !!! I just wanted help with something </span></font>
    Leeching, like the name suggests, is coming here, taking information and then going away, never to be seen again.

We have a community here and we don't operate like that. We give to receive. Stick around a while, offer advice in the forums you are knowledgeable in or take part in some banter in the dog and duck.

Once you've established yourself, someone will be more than happy to give you the information you need.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Done the welcome page!! I didn't read the e-mail first !!

& Lou_smorals IS VERY RUDE

Thanks to hydedogg

Ganty (16th March 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    I apologise, I suggest however that joining a forum without reading intro email and breaking several rules is also rude, you started asking for help before introduction, you posted in sections that are usual for leechers and also you posted your request in two different threads.
    I retract the "twat" bit and apologise for that, the rest stands.
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks to Lou_smorals

plug1 (16th March 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sunday night and alcohol = shit posts p38 had the 24 pin l322 m35080 just swap them over

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thank you for your response Mike x

I've got a photo of the cluster on my twitter account - link https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAP5ajRWsAAt8-0.png

hope that works

I'm sorry for not knowing much !! the m35080 is the chip (EEPROM?) so I can swap them over? I'm not sure which chip it is on the board?

I can up-load better photos if needed

Again thank you very much Mike

Thanks
    Karma Level

sorted the mileage correction was quite a detailed job in the end!
    on another note, (probably get someone reply saying put this in different area or sumit)
    I need to purchase A mini/hobby drill. which can take a drill bit up to 5mm, most of the ones i've been looking at sell hobby drills handheld which only go up to about 3.2mm

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah you were right you wanna pop that in bodgers broom cupboard

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hydedogg View Post
    (probably get someone reply saying put this in different area or sumit)
    If you read the DF forum rules you will see this is the case.
    I will let you off this once.

please post in the correct section. then others can view there and help

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Did you get sorted in the end? You picked a hell of a cluster for first time mileage correction. Probably one of the hardest to do. Identical to BMW X5 cluster. No need to remove needles, you can re-program EEPROM from behind. If I recall it is a M35080.

Thanks
    Karma Level

have a look at the tacho pro support list, Range Rover 2002 can be done via EEPROM, perhaps 2003 in the wrong year

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Latest Version of Tacho Pro 2008 download at http://www.obd2look.de/hot-Tacho-Pro-2008.html