Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

TV X Files to return :)

The Truth has finally arrived. The X-Files is officially coming back to television. There have been a lot of whispers as of late, but today it became real. The series will return in a limited six episode run on FOX. Chris Carter will serve as executive producer, and David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be returning to their iconic roles as Mulder and Scully. There are also some unconfirmed reports that we may see additional cast members like Mitch Pileggi, Annabeth Gish, and Robert Patrick. Speaking of the event series, Chris Carter said, “I think of it as a 13-year commercial break...The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”Shooting will commence in Vancouver, Canada this summer. FOX has yet to release many more details, but we'll be keeping you up to date as more information becomes available. To read the official announcement, head over to the FOX website. This is a huge victory, Philes. After the release of I Want to Believe, you decided that you weren't ready to say goodbye to The X-Files quite yet. Here we are, almost seven years later, and our favourite show will once again air live on television. So take some time to soak it in and enjoy it. The journey is only beginning, and it's going to be one heck of a ride.

Update - What We Know So Far:The six-part series will show what has happened to the characters since the series and the second feature film, The X-Files: I Want to Believe, ended.Chris Carter will be overseeing the scripts but he will be getting help from others who worked on the show during its television run.Casual viewers will be able to jump right in and hardcore fans won't get bored with getting those casual viewers up to speed. There will be both standalone and mythology episodes!There is still a possibility for a third X-Files feature film after #XFilesRevival but the primary focus now is #XFilesRevival. Yes, you read that correctly.William B. Davis has been approached about possibly reprising his role as Cancerman.Filming likely to happen in Vancouver.

Source

Fucking can't wait. I love everything X Files! Was addicted to this massively.

Hope the run is for more than six episodes though.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: X Files to return :)

What's the point?

I bet any money every episode will be this exact same story with a few details changed:

FBI gets reports of something strange.

Mulder things it's something bizarre while Scully things it's just unexplained nonsense.

They start probing into the mystery and find out there actually is something weird going on.

Probably about 2/3rd of the way through they find evidence of some big government/alien conspiracy but one of them gets trapped.

The trapped one always gets free but just too late for the pair to get proof of the whole government conspiracy.

Got pretty boring after the first few.

Add different scenery and aliens and you have another episode of the X files.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh my god!
    I can't wait I loved this program.

@overcarl but that's the same thing everywhere with any program.

Sent from my iPhone using some Tapatalk thingy Mabob
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    @overcarl but that's the same thing everywhere with any program.
    Just to bring up an example, "The Outer Limits" was a Sci Fi series, but they managed to create new stories for each episode rather than same story with different aliens and cities every time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never watched that but jaws and fast and furious films for example and aliens too all the same stories repeated with slight changes yet I still watched them as did countless others.

I think ink it will be a big hit personaly but I do see your point though
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Is the cancer man still going for the new series or did the Big C get him? :-(

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    Is the cancer man still going for the new series or did the Big C get him? :-(
    i believe he got blown up while looking like a hippy
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.