There was a time when Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. was seen as the lacklustre stepchild of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – not enough drive, not enough budget, not enough fun. But then (spoiler alert for anyone not up to date) came the cataclysmic, S.H.I.E.L.D.-shattering events of Captain America: Winter Soldier, and, more recently, the chance to gear up the Inhumans plotline. Now, while the ratings are still not quite what all involved might love, the show has definitely evolved into something better, so much so that Marvel and US telly network ABC are considering a spin-off.

As to what form that will take? Marvel is being typically cryptic, although Entertainment Weekly has learned that executive producer Jeffrey Bell and writer Paul Zbyszewski are involved in developing it. Unlike the DC branded shows elsewhere (where Arrow spawned The Flash via an episode), there won’t be a nested pilot, but we’re told that story elements still to come on the second season of the series will lay the foundation for whatever the spin-off becomes.

Yet while Disney and Marvel clearly want to keep the S.H.I.E.L.D. train chugging, there’s no guarantee it’ll even happen. The original show has yet to be renewed (though things are looking good) and any potential new programme will still have to face the trial by fire of the pilot season. And then there’s Agent Carter, which filled the gap in the middle of the second season and has yet to be greenlit for another run (again, EW has found that there is a firm chance Peggy Carter and the team will be back).

So the question remains, which elements of S.H.I.E.L.D. could warrant their own show? It’s one we thought we’d ask you lot, so pitch in as part of the poll below or let us know via the medium of comments/on the Twitter box.