Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Review Seen F&F 7 and here's my best effort of a review.

Getting ready to go out and see the new fast and furious 7.
    Cant wait not just because of the film but going to nando's first

Will let you know tomorrow what i thought of it.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks to Teajunkie

B B Leo (4th April 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Im off to see F&F 7 in a bit. review tomorrow ;)

On the first watch I was very disappointed to say the least. It may grow on me in time.

The tribute to Paul Walker was very touching.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Seen it

Ok here's my best...

really well made and a fresh new approach to the whole F&F series.
    I loved every second of it and will be watching it again and again.

Sat in the cinema surrounded by blokes and the odd female here and there there were a lot of tears and loud sniffing noises going on at the end.
    admittedly I was moved by the tribute but not enough to cry in public

There was plenty of tough guy fight scenes and fast chases and cars with scantily clad ladies to keep all the junkies happy.
    Im not going to post any spoilers just don't watch the trailers unless you really can't wait otherwise it might spoil the plot.

there are a few videos about you can download and watch but I recommend you either watch it at the cinema or wait for a decent version.
    Dont ruin a great film by watching a cam version.

Damn shame Paul lost his life so early he was a good actor and I have seen most if not all his films.

RIP. Paul.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Seen F&F 7 and here's my best effort of a review.

Just come back from the cinema.

You can tell they changed it after the events.

A couple of really rocking parts, the bit when he was on the phone to Mia and then the tribute at the end.

As a fan of the franchise I really enjoyed it. I will remember it more as a movie dedicated to Paul Walker, but still a worthy addition.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Im off to see F&F 7 in a bit. review tomorrow ;)

Although I enjoyed it and I thought it was a good film, I didn't think it was a particularly good F&F movie and I didn't think it was a good James Wan movie. I have a slightly different opinion regarding it being a fresh approach, I think it was more of the same and that's really not what I was expecting based on how number 6 ended but I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy more of the same.

It was disappointing to only see a few instances of James Wan's camera creativity. The instances that were visible were great but this was severly lacking for me as a fan of his films.

I've gone into more detail below and I really don't want to spoil it for anyone so I wouldn't advise reading what's in the spoiler unless you've already seen it or really don't care to see it.

I definately agree with watching it at the cinema if you're a fan of the series, even if you intend on getting it on blu-ray once it's released. Cams / HD-Cams and the like just don't do these kinds of films justice and will completely ruin for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

At the end of number 6, I felt that the Ocean's 11 theme of Dom doing jobs with his team was good but the concept had run it's course and they should do something different.

Based on that and how the series has changed direction in the past, I sincerely thought that in choosing Jason Wan [primarily a horror writer / director], the series would go more in the direction of a dark and gritty revenge movie, a little bleaker, a little less humour, a few more deaths and no more jobs, just pure survival. Closer to 4 with a little of the humour from 5. All the main characters could easily have pulled this off, Diesel [A Man Apart], Statham [Revolver, Hummingbird, Wild Card], Johnson [Snitch] and James Wan [Saw, but in particular Death Sentence starring Kevin Bacon].

I went into the film knowing nothing about it, deliberately not watching any teasers, trailers, interviews and avoiding everything about it [other than the sad news about Paul Walker], I immediately knew that there is only so far you can push things in a movie that has a 12A certificate. But it quickly became obvious that it was simply more of the same. In my mind a missed opportunity to stear things in a new direction, show respect to Paul Walker by sending him off into the sunaet with Mia, and then line up another 2-3 movies minus a few of the main characters, but with the addition of some new ones. Some of the old characters such as Hector and Sean could have easily been picked off by Statham before he came for the main members of the group.

I can only hope they change to fresh tactics for the next movie before the series becomes stale and gets shelved.