We’re approaching the weekend, and it can only mean one thing. Which is the fact that Windows 10 build 10056 has leaked with links made available to download in the usual places.
As has been the case previously, Microsoft partners have leaked a preview version of the OS just before the weekend. With the very obvious intention of allowing fans and enthusiasts a chance to try out the latest build of the operating system over the break.
We already know that this version comes with a new Recycle Bin icon, Spartan as the default browser and a host of other UI touchups.
Redmond, of course, doesn't recommend that users install these leaks build, and the company does not usually provide support and updates for these versions.
That is, if you don’t plan on running these builds in virtual machines or on secondary computers.
With the latest version of Windows 10 for Phones now out in the open, attention now shifts to the next desktop build of the operating system that Microsoft will officially release to Windows Insiders, hopefully in the next week or so.
OSBA / WinWorldPC Mirror: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
MS vNext Mirror: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Torrent: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
- When using Start Menu in full screen taskbar sometimes hides itself. It restores back in half a second.
- New Weather and News app
- new animations - Start Menu has that Continuum concept animation when in full screen
- Tablet Mode widens the gap between system tray icons and minimizes Search into an icon
- New dark Theme for Start Menu and Action Center
- Cortana is now in full taskbar height - also, new Mic icon when Cortana is listening
- Cortana can recognize music now (option is in Cortana menu)
- Date/Time UI refreshed (could be activated via registry hack in b9926)
- Network flyout has new animation
- Power buttons is moved to bottom left corner
- Start Menu can be resized - still a bit wonky when resizing height
- new "Show Touch Keyboard button" when right clicking on taskbar
- new Keyboard icon in system tray - it is right by the clock
- keyboard visual design seems refreshed
- win32 titlebars are grey
- 1px border on top of the win32 apps is now present but it's black
- new Recycle bin icon (only new icon atm)
- new TaskView icon
- new virtual desktop icon animation
- Bio Enrolment and Microsoft Family (Parental Controls) still don't work
- Settings app crashed when you select Personalization -> Colors. However, workaround is to disable "Automatically pick color from my background" as soon as possible and then it will not crash.
- No "Hi, Welcome back" screen after upgrade
- new Messaging option in Settings
- File Transfer dialog won't show on desktop (but you can view in in taskbar like thumbnail)