Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Peer will not face sex abuse charges

Greville Janner was Labour MP for Leicester North West and then Leicester West Labour peer Lord Janner will not face child sex abuse charges because the severity of his dementia makes him unfit to stand trial, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said.
    The abuse allegations relate to residents in Leicestershire children's homes between 1970 and the 1980s.
    Police condemned the CPS decision as "wrong", and the Labour Party has suspended the 86-year-old peer.
    In 1991 Lord Janner told Parliament he was innocent of abuse allegations.
    A High Court judge will now review the CPS's previous handing of the case.

'Extremely disappointing'

More than a dozen individuals made allegations to police relating to Lord Janner, the CPS said.
    Leicestershire Police has been investigating abuse allegations against him and said it was "worried" about the impact of the decision.
    Explaining its decision, Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders said there is no treatment for Lord Janner's condition and there is no current or future risk of offending.
    His condition is "rapidly becoming more severe" and requires continuous care both day and night, her statement said.
    "His evidence could not be relied upon in court and he could not have any meaningful engagement with the court process, and the court would find it impossible to proceed."
    Ms Saunders said the decision will be "extremely disappointing to complainants". She said she has written to all the complainants.
    The Assistant Chief Constable Roger Bannister said he believed the decision was "the wrong one" and it would do little to support and encourage victims of sexual abuse to come forward.
    He said: I am extremely worried about the impact the decision not to prosecute him will have on those people [who came forward].
    "More widely I am worried about the message this decision sends out to others, both past and present, who have suffered and are suffering sexual abuse.
    "We are exploring what possible legal avenues there may be to challenge this decision, and victims themselves have a right to review under a CPS procedure."

BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Peer will not face sex abuse charges

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sick fucker
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You got to hand it to the "elite" they do close ranks and protect their own. All that said obviously I agree with above it is a disgrace and an affront to common justice. At the very least these victims should get a day in court to outline what happened to them. Maybe some sort of judicial enquiry. And they should all be "helped" by the state which has been complicit in allowing this abuse. I will say it again, the more that comes out the more credible David Icke becomes.....BTW I think his aliens and lizard stuff is madness lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He might not remember doing it but his victims sure as hell will.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck off, yet Saville was guilty yet dead ? make the cunt stand.

Thanks to consoles

piggzy (17th April 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

They are as it says appealing the decision, I can imagine if this gets picked up wider by a tabloid or main news it will create a tirade of abuse that must influence the over ruling.

Typical it's released on a day when all the country is interested in is a tv debate.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

One news report mentioned that he had been managing to sign into the house of lords fairly recently!