Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New Star Was Episode 7 Trailer #2 !

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't dislike the films, to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed them but there are made to appeal to a younger audience.

Would never slate the original movies, loved every second of them, my only issue with the reboot movies is them moving into an alternate timeline and using terms like red matter etc...

Looking forward to star trek 3. benedict cumberbatch was a terrific khan

Chris pine also pulled off kirk. Especially at the end of the movie when they are departing space dock, if you look closely his movements and voice completely mirror shatners kirk
    I've never understood the argument about shitting all over the existing canon. Those films still exist and at least they didn't just remake the same films with some CGI thrown in, which is what happens with most remakes / reboots. They had a decent stab at creating a new universe without pretending everything that went before didn't exist. Plus you also said 'Pine pulled off Kirk.' Fnar!

2 Thanks given to TJB

CallmeGoose (19th April 2015),  Raptor (21st April 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't dislike the films, to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed them but there are made to appeal to a younger audience.

Would never slate the original movies, loved every second of them, my only issue with the reboot movies is them moving into an alternate timeline and using terms like red matter etc...

Looking forward to star trek 3. benedict cumberbatch was a terrific khan

Chris pine also pulled off kirk. Especially at the end of the movie when they are departing space dock, if you look closely his movements and voice completely mirror shatners kirk

See. You loved them really 😀

Thanks to flik

CallmeGoose (19th April 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed. The new star trek movies are a good space flick for the dumbed down audience. Red matter for fuck sake????!

Even though I enjoyed them they destroyed all that was trek in my opinion
    What is your issue with Red Matter? There are billions of elements in the universe not discovered yet, surely you're not so arrogant to think everything known by the current human race is all there is?

This is SCIENCE FICTION. If that's your gripe then you're not a Trek Fan or a fan of sci-fi - sorry.

Trek also has time travel and inter dimensional travel in its current canon so it is not beyond possibility that there are alternate timelines - so again NO Trek - has not been destroyed and to think otherwise puts you on the not a real Trek fan / sci-fi fan gravy train.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    He crapped over 40 years of established canon. The films were definitely good space movies, but as a big trek fan I don't class them as 'proper' star trek.
    I call total bullshit - established canon also included time travel and inter dimensional travel - this explored those areas. If you can't see that you're not a real Trek fan.

The new movies ABSOLUTELY explored "proper" Star Trek - Gene would have loved it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12