Eloise Aimee Parry died in hospital on 12 April An inquest into the death of a student thought to have taken "highly toxic" diet pills bought online is due to open.
Eloise Aimee Parry, 21, from Shrewsbury, died in hospital on 12 April after becoming unwell.
Police said the tablets were being tested, but are believed to contain dinitrophenol, known as DNP, an industrial chemical.
A hearing is due to take place at Shrewsbury Coroners Court later.
Ms Parry initially attended A&E after taking more than the recommended dose of the tablets.
Her mother Fiona said Ms Parry had walked into the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital herself when she began to feel unwell.
There was "no great panic", she said, until a toxicology report had revealed "how dire her situation was".
As the drug kicked in, her mother said, it made her metabolism soar.
"They attempted to cool her down, but they were fighting an uphill battle," she said.
"Two tablets was a lethal dose - and she had taken eight."
Because there was "no antidote", doctors told Ms Parry there was nothing they could do.
Ch Insp Jenny Mattinson, from West Mercia Police, said: "This substance is an industrial chemical actually. It's not fit for human consumption.
"It's used as a pesticide, very dangerous and highly toxic and even very small amounts of it can have really devastating effects."
She said the force urged the public to be "incredibly careful when purchasing medicine or supplements over the internet".
Ms Parry said her daughter, a student at Glyndwr University, would be "missed by everyone who knew her".
She said: "There were so many things that she dreamed of doing - travelling, having a career and having a family - things that she never got a chance to experience."
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]