Close

Thread: Moov

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Moov

So I have not really been interested in Smart watches, and or the fancy ped0meters that have flooded the market recently, but i have just found myself ordering a Moov at about £60.

http://welcome.moov.cc/

What sold it to me is my recent stint of doing more and more swimming, and forgetting how many lengths i have done. Looked for a length counter and they are about the same price as this!

looks like they are still doing a lot of development work into the App ecosystem, but it does actaully look like they are doing something!

Im not quite sure if i would replace my Garmin Forerunner yet with this - but the active coach infoming you of your form whilst running sounds really quite interesting!

When it turns up i will let you all know (if you want that is) what i think

Thanks to grrrd

Squizza (1st May 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Moov

I am in the market for a new device to replace my dated Forerunner - The new Garmin Vivoactive looks pretty good, Smart Watch plus all the fitness gubbins.

Got a few mates who are on Pru Vitality and they reckon they can get them 50% off RRP. I just need to call their bluffs and get them to order me one. Would work out at about £110 with the HRM.
    But I am keeping my options open so I will watch your updates with interest.

Thanks to Squizza

grrrd (1st May 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

TBH Vivosmart was nearly purchased. The thing that stoped me was that the swiming part was not very in depth (and by review a little inaccurate). Smart functions are perfect IMO - i dont really care about making a call from writst!

TomTom Cardio Multisport was also a close purchase, but they can be really expensive, but are a all in one device.

1 thing i have noticed is that i am lucky to have bothan iPhone and Android, for the iPhone seems to have all the apps first compared to the Android.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Got a Royal Mail Missed you card in the post last night - hopefully will get to pick it up on the way home tonight.

They have just released the Bike App for this now which looks interesting too!

One thing i have read about the TomTomCardio recently is, due to it doing EVERYthing on a watch, the battery life is seriously poor!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

So moov turned up. First impressions are that its a lot lighter than I expected, somehow imagined it to be like a rock!

Easy to pair with my iPhone 6+ but it wouldn't pair with my LGG3 (tested the misses nexus5 and that worked fine?!?).

So far tested it with a quick little swim and was amazed by the quality of data that came out. Time for each length, time to turn, each rest and some best stats - 100% what I purchased it for.

Tested the 7min work out app and was fairly impressed too, its like a suped up wiifit, its a 3 set training programme where you try to beat the next level.

Going for a run (if weather holds)/so will follow up on this then.