Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC Sport Man Utd have De Gea replacement list

David De Gea has already agreed to join Real Madrid in the summer, according to Spanish press reports

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal says the club already have replacements in mind should goalkeeper David De Gea decide to leave Old Trafford.

The Spain international is out of contract next summer but has yet to sign a new deal offered by the club.

Van Gaal said he does not know if the 24-year-old will stay, but said plans were in place should he leave.

"We have a list of goalkeepers who can replace him because we have to be organised always," the Dutchman said.

Reports in Spain*
    suggest De Gea plans to join Real Madrid.

Contract negotiations with De Gea, who joined the Old Trafford club in 2011, were opened earlier this season, and Van Gaal recently confirmed the club had offered the player "a lot of money" to stay.

"We want him to stay and I hope he shall sign," Van Gaal said.

However, he stressed only De Gea could decide on his future: "You have three parties [involved] and the most important party is always the player.

"It's dependable not of Manchester United, not of me, because we want him to sign. He has to sign, he has to want to stay here at Manchester United. I don't know [why he hasn't decided]."

Van Gaal has spent more than £150million on seven new players this season, and United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has said the club will be "active" again this summer.

That has prompted speculation the club could move for Tottenham striker Harry Kane or Wales' Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale.

When asked about the pair, Van Gaal said: "I have seen that I buy everyone in the world but it's not like that."
    Last edited by Nikki; 17th May 2015 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Man Utd have De Gea replacement list

I hope we keep him, the money he being offered is out of this world but it may not be just the dollar he is after?