Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default What a complete and utter bellend. 4x4 Driver threatens to eat a cyclist!

The guy is a Master Butcher and owner of a chain of cafés

Seems his FB page has received some attention as a result.

https://www.facebook.com/BrewCafe/reviews

The Source:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...manoeuvre.html

Revealed: Master butcher who was filmed launching expletive-laden tirade against cyclist he told to 'Get in the f***** cycle lane you c***'

• Expletive-laden rant filmed a by cyclist in Richmond, south-west London
    • The two vehicles appear to make contact as they make way along road
    • Driver Jason Wells, who is a master butcher, involved in angry exchange
    • Do you know the cyclist or passer-by? If so, please get in touch by emailing: mark.duell [at] mailonline.co.uk

Thanks to dpSparhawk

ptm (2nd June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What a complete and utter bellend. 4x4 Driver threatens to eat a cyclist!

Equal pair of cunts

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What a complete and utter bellend. 4x4 Driver threatens to eat a cyclist!

I'm no cycle warrior but that driver was an arsehole.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

haha ben reading this over on TZforum he posted a photo of him on scales year or so ago and you see more than you'd like in the reflection lets just say we know why hes driving a large car haha

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Last edited by Mobileman; 2nd June 2015 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks to Mobileman

dpSparhawk (2nd June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes he was a twat. But there was a cycle path?! Probably for only a short stretch tho.

With everyone having cameras now I'm surprised road rage isn't on the drop...

DJ OD

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What are cycle lanes used for again ?

Driver went OTT. but ive seen what some of these cyclists do. Especially on narrow roads and they double ride.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The problem with cycle paths (well, the very few that we have) is that often they're not maintained and gather shit loads of road debris, or mothers use them to push their prams down (if they share a footpath) so sometimes cycling on them isn't worthwhile.. There is no legal obligation to use a cycle path either.

Admittedly there are always going to be jobsworth cyclists who deliberately go out to annoy people or ride in a manner that is annoying (including not obeying the laws of the road) but far too often, the drivers cause more problems. In fact, I was out cycling today. I was on a country lane, I was tucked to the left as far as I could safely be. Still, it didn't stop some guy from shouting a torrent of abuse at me from the car he was travelling in as it passed. I'd done nothing wrong yet I got abuse.

Here's my opinions on it all.

Take a dickhead cyclist and make him drive a car. He will be a dickhead driver. Going too fast, not signalling, cutting people up and probably giving cyclists abuse.
    Take a dickhead driver and make him ride a bike. He will be a dickhead cyclists. Ignoring the road laws, riding on pavements etc.

However, if you take both that cyclist and driver and make them walk somewhere. Guaranteed, they will be a dickhead pedestrian. No usage of crossings, walking across the road with their face buried into a phone and so on.

The point of this is a dickhead is a dickhead and a human is a human - If you're a cunt..... you're a cunt no matter what the mode of conveyance.

As for double riding, that's perfectly legal too and is better if there's a larger group. It's better to overtake 20 cyclists riding two abreast (10 objects) as opposed to try and overtake 20 cyclists in single file. As for a couple or few cyclists. I'd certainly agree that yes, ride double if there's no traffic but immediately there is traffic, merge into single file and respect the big fucking heavy lump of metal

Thanks
    Karma Level

I half wonder if the drivers fine was only £90 because the cyclist actually started it all by punching his car first as he was too close before the car actually hit him because of that and then when the driver got out of his car saying he should have been in the cycle line the cyclist phlegms on him (you can see it around 48ish seconds in) and that's when all hell starts to break loose.

If he hadn't of hit the car first this would all have probably never happened.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon the cyclist hit his mirror which is why the driver stopped instead of just shouting shit at him. The level of abuse from both of them suggests there'd been a previous altercation - he had his window down and going ballistic, the cyclist was already retaliating furiously, the move in by the driver on the cyclist was deliberate.

Not sure about the spitting. Can't hear the cyclist spit as he's shouting. Was it not the driver's own phlegm? Surely if someone had spat on you it'd have gone straight to a red card.

Both dickheads anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The cyclist should spend one day cycling in China, he wouldn't last half an hour.

I do agree that cyclists have a chip on their shoulder, but both of their rage fits seems to come on very quickly. Instead of initiating the discussion with "you fucking arsehole.." maybe the outcome would have been slightly better had he just explained what he'd done, somehow, I can't see the master butcher saying sorry though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    What are cycle lanes used for again ?
    A measure as to how far you can stick your car into the road whilst parking on the pavement!

Thanks to AspectUK

rids (6th June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Selfish, stupid and ignorant people are just that on or off the road, I always consider people who drive/cycle like twats are the same people who are ignorant and selfish in supermarkets abandoning the trolley in the middle of the isle while looking at something or having a conversation/argument with kids or partner not giving a shit they have blocked anyone else getting past or walking at about 0.01 mph on a path side by side blocking anyone getting past. I think with cars it's also similar to the internet in that people come over all brave and aggressive as they feel somewhat untouchable.

4 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

beansontoast (10th June 2015),  doughboy (11th June 2015),  hoponbaby (11th June 2015),  pmg68 (10th June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

hahah yup, that guy also fits into the Bellend category. Your points are pretty much what I summed up above too

"a dickhead is a dickhead and a human is a human - If you're a cunt..... you're a cunt no matter what the mode of conveyance."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Last sentence sums him up: