Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default My budget carbon fibre bike

This is my budget carbon fibre bike I've built over the last few weeks.I was given a Trek 320 Road Series which was to big for me so had this idea of a budget build.Initially the budget was £100 all in but had to buy a front mech as the Trek wasn't big enough,some bar tape,seat post collar,Bontrager stem and a chain link.All in it's cost £110
    The frame has a integrated seat post design but tying to buy a suitable seat post topper that didn't cost the earth was proving hard work.So,I made my own but with mine you have a limit amount of adjustment.It's made from the old seat post,chopped down,bonded onto a carbon fibre piece,the ally shoulder was turned down to fit the frame.
    All the other bits where transferred from the Trek,it has RXS 'brifters' 24 speed and Air Line 2 wheels.Currently weighs in at just under 9kg's so my plan is to upgrade the crankset to a hollowtech type,lose some weight there.My aim is to get it to around 8kg's.Anyone think of anything else to lose weight?
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Thanks given to Oily

Ashley (28th July 2015),  AspectUK (28th July 2015),  MHP (28th July 2015)