Does anyone know how to add speed camera alerts to the Skoda Octavia Sat Nav? (I think my sat nav is the Columbus model, Will check in the morning)

Seen a post on PocketGPS but don't have the file to do it.

The procedure is a bit long winded so here goes. The file needs to be in .db3 database format to go onto the SKODA sat nav. This is done using the VW website POI generation facility at

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/navigati...-sammlung.html

This is all in German !!
When on this page click on orange button "Neue POI-Sammlung erstellen"
this opens a new box and asks you to browse for the file to convert. go to the file you downloaded and select it.
In the next box down " Kategorie-Bezeichnung vergeben" It asks you to give it your file a name I think it must be at least 9 characters long.
Then you have to select the symbol you want to display for the camera on your map. "Kartensymbol laden", again browse your computer to find a symbol, I used the normal speed camera gif. Whew!
The click on "Jetz Laden" and wait it can take some time just watch the percentage indication on your computer. The file is the converted on VW's own computers and sent back to you.
Normally it should end up in your downloads folder.

When it arrives copy the file into the root folder on your SD card.
Take the card to your car sat nav and select button "SETUP" then "NAVIGATION" THE BUTTON "PERSONAL POI" will be greyed out, put the SD card in its slot and it will say loading data. The "PERSONAL POI" button should light up and the select it to allow you to select the file from your SD card and you should now be able to see the speed cameras on your map. Good Luck