Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News A cure for skin cancer "MY ASS"

Below is a news article stating that this new drug is a cure for melanoma!
    This is my view and experience....

It makes me sick when they call it a cure!
    when i see friends dying around me with the same condition as me looking forward is almost impossible.
    This is no cure!

• The drug mentioned only shrinks the tumour it does not destroy it.
    • It costs £30'000 to administer to patients.
    • It has only EXTENDED the life of patients for a few months.
    • It is not available here in the south west uk and probably 90% of the uk.
    • I personally know approx 10+ people who have died whilst on this

The report.

A cure for skin cancer:
    Doctors announce historic breakthrough as 'spectacular' drugs bring hope to thousands
    New treatment combine two different drugs that 'reboot' immune system
    One in six ravaged by skin cancer are already being cured by the drugs
    Each year almost 13,000 people in Britain are diagnosed with melanoma

Scientists have developed breakthrough drugs that cure skin cancer.
    The treatment is already having ‘spectacular’ effects in seriously ill melanoma patients – and could soon be used to defeat other types of cancer.
    One scientist said it was ‘amazing’ that researchers could talk of ‘using the C-word – cure’ for the first time, while another said trials among kidney and lung cancer patients are ‘very exciting’.

Each year almost 13,000 people in Britain are diagnosed with melanoma, including two people aged 15 to 34 every day

One in six patients ravaged by deadly skin cancer are already being cured by the drugs, the European Cancer Congress was told yesterday, with the possibility of more than half being saved with an new combination.

The astonishing development will save the lives of thousands of patients with advanced melanoma, who usually die within months of being diagnosed. The new treatment, which will bring hope to hundreds of thousands of people in Britain with terminal conditions, involves the combination of two different types of drug that ‘reboot’ the immune system.

source
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: A cure for skin cancer "MY ASS"

I didn't think it was available on the NHS at all as the expense was too great to justify. AND I thought the cost was more than £30,000 as I thought that was per tablet and there were 2 different ones needed + you would need a course of these.

There was a £4k treatment for AIDS that wasn't supported by the NHS due to cost.

The idea is revolutionary in the world of cancer tho as this strips the identifiers from the cancerous cells so that the persons own immune system can see these as infected cells and therefor the body fights the cancer itself which it would do just like any other virus, instead of pervious treatments of radio/chemo therapy that just kiil all cells in the area of the cancer regardless whether they were health or cancerous.

So you have to give this time while
    1. They refine the techniques of these drugs
    2. They can Mass Pro these drugs which will lower the price.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fucks me off that they call it a cure.
    There are two people down here desperate for this treatment that cant have it.
    And they are claiming over 50% survived.
    I would love to see those results.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah cancer is still an aggressive illness but so was AIDS and we combated and now people with AIDS are expected to live to a normal life expectancy but there were casualties and there were loads of casualties, I was in Africa back in the late 90's and a couple of mateys said to me the only thing positive in Africa is HIV!

I have know a few people who have died of cancer and it isn't a nice way to go either :-(

But Cancer Research is the daddy of all charities they reckon that their monies raise for say a month is equivalent to the rest of the top 5 charities put together!! So I am glad to see these break thrus coming thru from British Scientists and British research.

I feel sorry for Angelia Jolie she had her tits cut off last year cos such a high risk of her getting breast cancer but with new treatments like this on the horizon and the amount of money she has would of been worth the risk of keeping them :-S