Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC Sport I want to stay at Arsenal - Wilshere

Jack Wilshere became Arsenal's youngest league debutant, aged 16 years and 256 days, in 2008

13 June 2015 Last updated at 00:24

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere says he does not want to leave the Gunners, despite reports linking him with a summer move to Manchester City.
    Premier League runners-up City are keen to buy British players to fulfil their home-grown quota after the departures of James Milner and Frank Lampard.
    "I wouldn't go somewhere just because I'm a home-grown player," said England international Wilshere, 23.
    "I'd want to be wanted by a club; I want to be wanted by Arsenal."
    Wilshere made just nine Premier League starts for the north Londoners last season after an ankle injury ruled him out for six months.
    City are looking to add more domestic talent after English pair Milner and Lampard left for Liverpool and New York City respectively but Gunners manager Arsene Wenger says he has no intention of selling Wilshere.*
    "I've grown up at Arsenal. As long as Arsenal want me, I'm happy," added Wilshere.
    Wilshere's recent campaigns (all competitions)

Season
    Starts (as sub)
    Goals
    2014-15
    15 (7)
    2013-14
    28 (7)
    2012-13
    26 (7)
    2011-12
    0 (0)
    2010-11
    44 (5)

Meanwhile, Wilshere says he wants to learn from Barcelona pair Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta as he attempts to rediscover his top form.
    Wenger said last month that the player, who has been repeatedly troubled by ankle problems in recent seasons, might need "one or two years" to return to his best.
    However, Wilshere says he does not plan to change key elements of his game - running with the ball and tackling - in a bid to avoid injury.
    "When I was injured, I read a few people who said I should think about making changes to my approach," he said.
    "I thought 'maybe they are right. Maybe I should just change it a little bit'. But in my first game back, naturally I just want to pick the ball up and run with it.
    "I can't change that. I can work on a few things maybe. If you look at the best dribblers in the world - Messi, Iniesta - when they are running with the ball it is always close to them so maybe I could work on that.
    "But I definitely won't be changing my game."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: I want to stay at Arsenal - Wilshere

he a (ocky shit, but you have to admire his talent