Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paris attack

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Paris attack

Strange that no body on here has made a post in news section or here about the awful attack in Paris ? Also strange footage of the 3 terrorists caught two dead one badly inured but nothing on the news ?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Paris attack

I'd say people haven't needed to make a post, as the story has been everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

DF has all ways been one for breaking news usually soon as it happens it's up before most people realise

Thanks
    Karma Level

I didn't bother cos it is everywhere. I would rather wait for what really happened.

Thanks to BertRoot

Ganty (17th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As said it's everywhere you look, Sadly with predictable rabble rousing by the usual suspects, political point scoring on the back of 129 poor innocents. Calais slowly turning into a war zone imho, With Kay Burley ever present to translate the "mood of the nation". TBH I just feel sick watching it all unfold, giving the scum who did this exactly what they want. Oh well I suppose the government will get that terror legislation through parliament easier now....every cloud and all that.

5 Thanks given to DavidF

Ashley (17th November 2015),  Bald Bouncer (17th November 2015),  Geko (18th November 2015),  Over Carl (17th November 2015),  plug1 (17th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was surprised there wasnt a tidalwave of bullshit from britain first and similar groups all over my facebook, but I've only really seen a handful of posts and most of them are very level headed about the whole thing.

2 Thanks given to {{909}}

Bald Bouncer (17th November 2015),  oE (17th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not seen much shite from Britain first but I've seen an awfully large amount of knee jerk racism (or even previously hidden racism) from people whom I thought to be significantly more intelligent and level headed than shown in their comments.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Always going to happen with the public this 'racism'. While I agree to some extent about it coming from uneducated channel 5 watchers, I do think that Muslims in some areas of europe are not doing enough to irradicate the extremists. Very quick to put their hands up and say it wasn't us, but not so quick at disclosing funding or ousting known radicals.

If your child took to setting cars on fire, the parents need to bare some of the responsibility for the child and also commit to stopping the problem.

The west will never win a war against ghosts. We don't even know who to go after. The terrorists are already here and it's down to the immigration issues of years ago. The damage has already been done by the governments of Europe. Taking in asylums seekers who pick where to go. Very smart. Theresa May you should be shot for treason.

Things will get worse I am fairly sure.

DJ OD

3 Thanks given to DJ OD

lithho (17th November 2015),  MHP (17th November 2015),  TJB (17th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

[QUOTE=DJ , I do think that Muslims in some areas of europe are not doing enough to irradicate the extremists. Very quick to put their hands up and say it wasn't us, but not so quick at disclosing funding or ousting known radicals.

If your child took to setting cars on fire, the parents need to bare some of the responsibility for the child and also commit to stopping the problem.

DJ OD[/QUOTE]

I used to work with a Muslim guy in Leeds a few years back. Nice kid, went out with the lads from work a lot, smoked a bit of weed, played footy with us on a Sunday morning. When the tube bombers struck, he was walking around telling anyone who would listen that he totally agreed with what they were doing and we didn't understand what it was like to be a young Muslim growing up in Britain. If that was the mind set of a guy who seemed perfectly normal, you've got no chance against the ones who are fanatics.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The office manager sent a message round yesterday advising that we will be taking part in a two minute silence for the Paris attacks.

This was the CEO's response:

That’s a great idea. I would suggest we expand that and think about all the people in the world impacted by terrorism and violence

Regards,
    CEO of Squizza's Company
    I was on the receiving end of racism from an Northern Irish Chap a few weeks ago. Randomly in a Pub when we were watching the Rugby he started harping on to me about how our Rugby Team was rubbish, then quickly turned the conversation onto how marvelous the Americans were and how the English were a bunch of murdering scum bag cnuts for what happened in Derry in 1972...

Clearly had a chip on his shoulder and I was probably not the first English person he had brought this up with.

I told him politely to leave me in peace.
    Last edited by Squizza; 17th November 2015 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

In response to the OP, I would say it's also partly due to lack of activity on this board.

I can't say how busy any of the VIP sections are of course, but for me, the 'New Posts' count has been dwindling each day for quite some time......

2 Thanks given to CominAtcha

Backdoor (17th November 2015),  piggzy (17th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hopefully most of the IS boltholes will be obliterated by the French military and others over the coming months. Like maggots, they will come back in numbers, I know this, but it will be nice to know that a lot of these low-life scumbags will be wiped out in a massive explosion.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The EU's open borders policy is doing no country any favours right now.

3 Thanks given to piggzy

DJ OD (17th November 2015),  lithho (17th November 2015),  MHP (17th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think borders policy has anything to do with it. When groups like this want to do something they generally will find a way.
    As for obliterating as many of them as possible, there will always be innocents that die in those attacks and sitting on the other side of the fence you will not be short of people wanting to join up to get 'revenge'.

Destroying their headquarters, bases, camps will lead to refugees which leads to exactly the problems we have now. There is no win win situation, the best way to deal with it is intel and that's not easy to get.

Unfortunately we will all just have to live in fear.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have in the past worked with Muslims from Iraq, Iran and Syria and got on very well with them. Well educated, polite engineers. The majority of the refugees entering Europe are no doubt the same polite, educated type of people that I worked with.

I don't often agree with our government regardless which political party is in power, however this governments plan to financially support the refugee camps in Syria and the surrounding countries while taking in the most vulnerable directly from those camps is in my opinion the most sensible option. The most stupid plan on the other hand was Germany's when they announced that anyone that can make it to Germany would be welcomed with open arms. And now they expect the rest of Europe to take an equal share of the ones they invited to Germany. They increased the flow of migrants ten fold with their irresponsible announcement. While everyone was talking about clamping down on the people traffickers Germany provided thousands more customers for them. I wonder how many have died trying to make the journey who wouldn't have taken the risk if it wasn't for Germany's invite..

Some terrorists will always find a way in but Germany has made it so easy for them. How are you supposed to thoroughly check their credentials with so many people coming into Europe every day. There could be thousands of IS terrorists in Europe by now. Thank fuck for the English channel is what I say. (">

4 Thanks given to BigBird

Ashley (17th November 2015),  Bald Bouncer (17th November 2015),  Over Carl (18th November 2015),  piggzy (17th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have to disagree with some of what you say BigBird. It annoys me that we fund the refugee camps, how much of that money actually goes to the people?
    Then to take in the most 'vulnerable', this decision making is actually out sourced and the companies processing them have targets.

One story that upsets me greatly is that in the North East - Redcar - They have shut the steel works, generations of families are all out of jobs with no other skills. The millions we send as aid should be kept at home for these poor people.
    To add insult to injury, the companies processing the refugees are sending the majority of them to the North East - Middlesbrough. So you have a region that has thousands of people without jobs and at exactly the same time you have the same region taking in refugees giving them free housing and benefits.

Germany might have taken thousands in, but the attacks never happened in Germany. Europe is not to blame. Germany is not to blame. These people will do anything to do they things they do, they always have done and they always will.
    We may never know about what attacks have been prevented and what the scale of those attacks may have been.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34836624
    Last edited by Squizza; 17th November 2015 at 05:50 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    Unfortunately we will all just have to live in fear.
    Who's living in fear? I'm certainly not.

3 Thanks given to beerman

DJ OD (17th November 2015),  lithho (17th November 2015),  piggzy (17th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had a few posts on FB about this with mixed opinions, not many openly racist/ anti-Islam but more of a concern about what the future holds for our kids mainly. Saying that, I've seen plenty putting up shared posts along the lines of 'we need to kick the shit out of IS' etc.
    Whilst I can understand the anger, I'm of the opinion this current strategy of countries like the U.S, Russia et al going in could well be the thinking behind Isis' plan in the first place.

It's been done before: Saddam dropping scuds on Israel during the first gulf war as an example, trying to drag other nations into a world war. Russia bringing us to the brink with their ultimatum during the 6 day war in the 60's.

This is a very dangerous time as all sides will have their own agenda's under the guise of 'cooperation' and a few small errors of judgment could really see the shit hit the fan.

Thanks to burner1

Over Carl (18th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    Hopefully most of the IS boltholes will be obliterated by the French military and others over the coming months. Like maggots, they will come back in numbers, I know this, but it will be nice to know that a lot of these low-life scumbags will be wiped out in a massive explosion.
    The french have bombed 20 odd targets over two days. The coalition have bombed over 7000 IS targets over the last year or two. As "big" as the talk from the french president is (And I can see why he has went this route) im afraid it really changes nothing. In fact as unpopular as Corbyn et all are for their opinions on this situation, the fact remains that he/they will be proved correct. Bombs and bullets never win these types of battles. Dialogue reconciliation, Stable governments and aid and assistance where asked for and required.

Open borders is lunacy - And i will admit to "liking" the open border policy - But I and others have been proved wrong, Too many people just take advantage and it's disconcerting that we all don't keep a register of who's coming and going through all borders.

As for the posters who have not seen much in the way of people not reacting to this in the usual hate filled way, Your lucky I have seen plenty and the place where it happened is already seeing the far right rabble rousing.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    I have to disagree with some of what you say BigBird. It annoys me that we fund the refugee camps, how much of that money actually goes to the people?
    Then to take in the most 'vulnerable', this decision making is actually out sourced and the companies processing them have targets.

One story that upsets me greatly is that in the North East - Redcar - They have shut the steel works, generations of families are all out of jobs with no other skills. The millions we send as aid should be kept at home for these poor people.
    To add insult to injury, the companies processing the refugees are sending the majority of them to the North East - Middlesbrough. So you have a region that has thousands of people without jobs and at exactly the same time you have the same region taking in refugees giving them free housing and benefits.

Germany might have taken thousands in, but the attacks never happened in Germany. Europe is not to blame. Germany is not to blame. These people will do anything to do they things they do, they always have done and they always will.
    We may never know about what attacks have been prevented and what the scale of those attacks may have been.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34836624
    I agree not all the money goes to the people but at least enough does to cloth and feed the majority of them. Its not ideal but then very little is in this world of greed and selfishness. There will usually be someone making a lot of money from other peoples misery. We could do with the money for our own people but we are a lot better off than these refugees who have lost everything. Most of them had a home and a reasonable standard of living before the war when it was all taken away. I doubt if there's a single person in Britain who would rather be in their shoes. You cant help where you were born and but for the grace of god....

And yes these terrorists will do anything to do the things they do but you don't go and make it so easy for them to pass through into Europe relatively unnoticed by encouraging a mass migration. The attacks didn't happen in Germany but how many terrorists have started the journey with the genuine migrants heading for Germany only to disappear across to France, Belgium and god knows where else once they have passed through the totally overwhelmed and subsequently inadequate controls on entering Europe.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out that IS are supplying all these boats to the people traffickers. They had plenty of customers to fill them after Angela Merkel opened her big mouth. Many of which were unsure where their future lay, or what to do for the best, but were now looking forward to a life in Germany as long as they had enough money to pay the ISIS ferryman. (">

4 Thanks given to BigBird

DavidF (23rd November 2015),  Over Carl (18th November 2015),  piggzy (18th November 2015),  Squizza (18th November 2015)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast