Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wanted Cheap PCI-E GFX Card Wanted ASAP

My card just died on me about 3 hours ago. I've ponced one of the guy upstairs but need to get it back to him soonish (got a couple of days).

I'm after a PCI-E card, doesn't need to be anything fancy - 99% of my usage is very easy on the card - normally browsing internet or remote desktop sessions and stuff, although I'm planning to setup a Plex server soon so want something that can display full HD without an problem, and it would need to be happy running 2x 1920x1020 screens together with a film on one. Definitely have no ambitions for gaming or anything like that, so for me less may actually be more if I get something that has no fan and doesn't draw loads of power that would actually be the best suited to my usage.

Also most of the monster cards tend to take two slots, and I actually would prefer a single slot as the machine already has a few cards and I plan to add another couple. (Low power/single slot is less of a priority than low price).

I need one with at least 1 DVI port or 1 HDMI port. (Card with DVI/HDMI/VGA would be nice).

My preference is NVidia, but I will quite happily take an AMD.

I believe my requirements are quite low and should be handled by a lot of cards that came bundled with standard systems a few years ago. Hoping to spend £30 or less, but if something decent is on offer I may be willing to push the boat out a little further.

I'm willing to pay for delivery or to collect in person from any tube station (or close journey to tube station) in London (mainly available evening times).

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cheap PCI-E GFX Card Wanted ASAP

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1GB Graphics Card

£25 would that work ? OR6800000465297_ProductImage.jpg

http://www.cclonline.com/product/194...-HDMI/VGA3258/

specs

Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
    Chipset Model Name GeForce GT
    Chipset Model Number 720
    Base Chip Clock 797 MHz
    Number of Cores 192
    Memory
    Memory Size 1024 MB
    Designation GDDR3
    Memory Clock 1600 MHz
    Memory Type GDDR3
    Memory Width 64 bit
    Interfaces/Ports
    VGA Port 1 x 15-pin D-Sub
    Video Card Bus Type PCI Express
    Video Card Bus Version 2.0
    HDMI Port 1 x HDMI
    DVI Port 1 x DVI-D
    Resolution
    DVI (Digital) resolution (Max) 2560 x 1600 Pixels
    System
    Software Included (May be trial or restricted) ASUS GPU Tweak & Driver
    Physical
    Form Factor Graphics Card
    Product Comprises 1 Pack(s)
    Total 1 Piece(s)
    In The Box Asus GT720-SL-1GD3-BRK Graphics Card
    Width 13.7 cm
    Depth 3 cm
    Height 6.9 cm
    Item Details
    Manufacturer ASUS
    Part Number GT720-SL-1GD3-BRK
    EAN 4716659884736
    UPC 886227884735
    Condition New

Exclusive ASUS-designed heatsinks with large surface areas effectively cool graphics cards passively so absolutely no sound is produced while running - perfect for high definition and silent home theater PCs and multimedia centres. Exclusively-formulated alloy components boost performance by reducing power loss, enhancing durability, and achieving cooler operation. Choke concrete cores eliminate buzzing sound under full load while capacitors assure a 50,000-hour lifespan: equivalent to 2.5 times longer than traditional capacitors. GPU Tweak streaming tool that lets you share on-screen action in real time - so others can watch live as games are played. It's even possible to add to the streaming window scrolling text, pictures and webcam images. Get more than just faster frame rates. Get ultra-smooth gaming every time with NVIDIA gaming innovation Adaptive Vertical Sync. This technology dynamically adjusts vsync to current frame rates for maximum playability. Play games with advanced effects such as blazing explosions and lifelike characters with 10X faster switching between graphics and physics processing, enabling more complex effects to be rendered in real time. DirectX 11 GPU-accelerated tessellation allows more detailed geometry to be packed into a scene, allowing characters to be rendered with cinema-quality detail. Gives you access to advanced computing experiences with the latest operating system so you get more done with your PC.
    Main Features:

• Silent passive cooling means true 0dB perfect for quiet home theater PCs and multimedia centres
    • Premium alloys in power delivery components defeat heat for cards that run 15% faster and last 2.5 times longer than reference
    • GPU Tweak helps you modify clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more, all via an intuitive interface
    • GPU Tweak Streaming share on-screen action in real time so others can watch live as games are played

I got my daughter one and it plays diablo III and a few other games ok. You could run 3 monitors with this I think as its got 3 different ones all onboard. also its small factor so will fit in any pc out there even how small it is
    Last edited by Mickey; 25th January 2016 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks to Mickey

Over Carl (25th January 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Many thanks, I will note that as an definite option. Just thought I would check DF as I wouldn't be surprised if loads of members have cards sat around useless after PC upgrades.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

For £25 you cant go wrong matey

Thanks to Mickey

Over Carl (26th January 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just got a 7800GTX on eBay for £14.49 so thread now closed.

Thanks to Over Carl

Detector (2nd February 2016)