Close

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Brexit Aftermath

Gotta love this geezer, proper Londoner

2 Thanks given to GTI

cyprus (27th June 2016),  Squizza (27th June 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    I don't think we could build the houses, hospitals, roads, doctor surgery's, waste recycling centres, power stations etc to keep you with the steep growth in population if gone from 2%-10% in 20 years will it be 15% or over in the next 10 years, people are already talking about the 80mil mark
    Not without immigrant labour we couldn't no.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why do I keep reading that Boris is the favourite for next PM. Where are these fictitious polls ?

Sounds like utter bollox to me.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Why do I keep reading that Boris is the favourite for next PM. Where are these fictitious polls ?

Bookies?

He did 'Have I Got News For You' and was fairly funny so probably makes him a good politician.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Not without immigrant labour we couldn't no.
    We still cant at present with migrant labour, everyone needs a house we need more houses bring more people to build houses, where do they live? its catch 22 and that's just houses not roads and the fact M25 etc needs expanding for 5 lanes, hospitals etc etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post

You do know Boris was born in America so theoretically he could be POTUS after a stint as PM ;-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Forgetting Khan not seen that but it is indeed ridiculous, Scotland and Northern Ireland are countries in their own right and if the people of these countries wish to leave the United Kingdom or at least give them a vote to decide as the majority didn't want to leave the European Union that is democracy. For myself I accept the result of the vote of course it was a democratic vote regardless of the fact it was a vote on many lies, this won't stop me revisiting the fact many of the things I warned and predicted that others rubbished me for and said were nonsense have already hit exactly as I said they would yet haven't seen one person acknowledging they peddled a lie to get what they wanted in the brexit thread.

Just wonder if in years to come you won't be able to find anyone who will admit to voting to exit as you can hardly find anyone who admitted to voting in Thatcher.
    So you don't think the remain camp peddled any lies or untruths leading up to the vote then? No fear tactics or talk of total and complete disaster if we leave the EU? I wonder how many who initially wanted to vote leave were swayed by the warnings of dire consequences put about by the remain camp.

It was common knowledge that there would be an initial shock. You may have predicted it but so did many millions more, including myself and the majority of Brexit supporters. In the long term you may well be proven wrong, so I wouldn't go wearing my 'told you so' badge just yet if I was you. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm unionist ,but if that fuckwit Boris ever becomes PM , then I'm out .even Nicky Krankie would be better than that clown

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    So you don't think the remain camp peddled any lies or untruths leading up to the vote then? No fear tactics or talk of total and complete disaster if we leave the EU? I wonder how many who initially wanted to vote leave were swayed by the warnings of dire consequences put about by the remain camp.

It was common knowledge that there would be an initial shock. You may have predicted it but so did many millions more, including myself and the majority of Brexit supporters. In the long term you may well be proven wrong, so I wouldn't go wearing my 'told you so' badge just yet if I was you. (">
    I will remind you what you predicted as it seems to have slipped your mind "Will the value of the pound be affected? Maybe, but only slightly and not for long." if you don't know on Thursday £1 bought $1.48 and €1.28 today £1 gets you $1.32 and €1.20 and still falling this isn't a slight blip it's a fucking disaster and instead of picking out one thing how about the other claims such as "Are companies likely to leave the UK and are new companies more likely to avoid the UK? NO" and I have only had chance to look at one of your posts in the thread.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

We still cant at present with migrant labour, everyone needs a house we need more houses bring more people to build houses, where do they live? its catch 22 and that's just houses not roads and the fact M25 etc needs expanding for 5 lanes, hospitals etc etc
    We don't need a house EACH, its stupid to expect everyone to be able to buy a house, not gonna happen no matter what.

Thanks
    Karma Level

We don't need a house EACH, its stupid to expect everyone to be able to buy a house, not gonna happen no matter what.
    Where do you expect these migrant workers to live then? Most of them bring their families so cant put them in shared accommodation?
    Where do you plan for all these houses/hospitals/schools to be built expand current cities or create new towns and cities like Milton Keynes??

Thanks to akimba

Over Carl (27th June 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I will remind you what you predicted as it seems to have slipped your mind "Will the value of the pound be affected? Maybe, but only slightly and not for long." if you don't know on Thursday £1 bought $1.48 and €1.28 today £1 gets you $1.32 and €1.20 and still falling this isn't a slight blip it's a fucking disaster and instead of picking out one thing how about the other claims such as "Are companies likely to leave the UK and are new companies more likely to avoid the UK? NO" and I have only had chance to look at one of your posts in the thread.
    Your interpretation of 'slight blip' and 'not long' is obviously different to mine. It hasn't been a week yet and you are calling it a fucking disaster. Much of the instability in the money markets is still being fuelled by uncertainty because no one knows where talks with the EU are going to lead. Maybe we shall have a better insight after tomorrows meeting in Brussels. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Your interpretation of 'slight blip' and 'not long' is obviously different to mine. It hasn't been a week yet and you are calling it a fucking disaster. Much of the instability in the money markets is still being fuelled by uncertainty because no one knows where talks with the EU are going to lead. Maybe we shall have a better insight after tomorrows meeting in Brussels. (">
    A slight blip is one or two cents at most and when you say not long it took 8 years to recover back to what it was last time, if you consider that a slight blip and not long then you are deluded and I doubt we will have any insight what so ever tomorrow or any day soon.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

CzarJunkie (27th June 2016),  MajorFU (27th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As I mentioned on the other thread the BoE has £250billion put aside for emergency measures. I suspect a significant amount of this will be to purchase pounds being sold to try and preserve their value.

If we had some transparency so for example we knew only £100k out of that pot had been used so far for this kind of purpose I may be a bit more confident. However as I haven't got a clue where we are on that front, it is equally possible we have already burnt through £240billion and by the time we wake up tomorrow we could be seeing pound/dollar drop to something like 1.10/1.20 once artificial stimulus has run out.

Thanks to Over Carl

Bald Bouncer (27th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am not xenophobic or racist its just a fact that the UK's infrastructure is not build to handle the increased population and the rate it is increasing https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...meseries/ukpop

In the last 10 years we have nearly a 10% increase where as the previous 10 years it increased by 2%, this is due not only to immigration but also Medicine keeping more people living and also living longer.

Housing, School, NHS are all at breaking point, we cannot accommodate another 0.5mil year on year.
    Ok, so we've decided we don't want more immigrants. The only other way we can try to fix many of the problems with our economy (caused by our population pyramid gradually inverting), would be to encourage people to have more children.

But again we haven't got the infrastructure to handle them either...

Also we can house refugees wherever we want. Children may demanding council houses near their family and friends.

Then sorry to say it, but if we encourage more children by financial measures, I can't see this making much change to those better off. I suspect the end result would be a lot of unemployed people would be having a lot more children that are all paid for by the state.

And we still won't have the infrastructure for them....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It seems that German and French foreign ministers are now calling for even greater political integration within the EU, which is one of the things that Brexit supporters are against. Of course what they mean is integration to such a degree that it would be impossible or very difficult for any country to leave in future. Then there are others that warn against being to hasty. The Czech foreign minister, maybe worried about his country's sovereignty and his public's reaction, warns that a fast and hasty integration of the remaining 27 members would be a bad response to Brexit. It would certainly give a boost to the right wing movement within his country and throughout the EU.

So same old story then - stalemate within the EU on any change or reform. (">

---------------------------------------
    Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said Britain's vote to leave the European Union could be a "great opportunity" for the rest of the bloc to make long-needed changes. Mr Renzi said the EU must now focus "a bit more on social issues and a bit less on bureaucratic ones".
    He added that the referendum outcome strengthened the arguments for reform that Italy had often put forward to its partners, and these now had a greater chance of success.

Ahead of the talks in Berlin, the German and French foreign ministers have promised to strengthen the European Union following Britain's shock vote to leave. "We will... take further steps toward a political union in Europe, and we invite the other European states to join us in this endeavour," Frank-Walter Steinmeier and Jean-Marc Ayrault said in a joint position paper.

The Czech foreign minister, Lubomir Zaoralek, speaking after talks with colleagues from Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Germany and France, said a "fast and hasty integration" of the remaining 27 members of the EU would be a "bad response" to Brexit. He said doing nothing would also be bad, but that popular support is needed for further integration and new EU policies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It seems that German and French foreign ministers are now calling for even greater political integration within the EU, which is one of the things that Brexit supporters are against. Of course what they mean is integration to such a degree that it would be impossible or very difficult for any country to leave in future. Then there are others that warn against being to hasty. The Czech foreign minister, maybe worried about his country's sovereignty and his public's reaction, warns that a fast and hasty integration of the remaining 27 members would be a bad response to Brexit. It would certainly give a boost to the right wing movement within his country and throughout the EU.

So same old story then - stalemate within the EU on any change or reform. (">

---------------------------------------
    Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said Britain's vote to leave the European Union could be a "great opportunity" for the rest of the bloc to make long-needed changes. Mr Renzi said the EU must now focus "a bit more on social issues and a bit less on bureaucratic ones".
    He added that the referendum outcome strengthened the arguments for reform that Italy had often put forward to its partners, and these now had a greater chance of success.

Ahead of the talks in Berlin, the German and French foreign ministers have promised to strengthen the European Union following Britain's shock vote to leave. "We will... take further steps toward a political union in Europe, and we invite the other European states to join us in this endeavour," Frank-Walter Steinmeier and Jean-Marc Ayrault said in a joint position paper.

The Czech foreign minister, Lubomir Zaoralek, speaking after talks with colleagues from Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Germany and France, said a "fast and hasty integration" of the remaining 27 members of the EU would be a "bad response" to Brexit. He said doing nothing would also be bad, but that popular support is needed for further integration and new EU policies.
    He said, she said all pointless it's what's happening that matters. The referendum is over

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    Ok, so we've decided we don't want more immigrants. The only other way we can try to fix many of the problems with our economy (caused by our population pyramid gradually inverting), would be to encourage people to have more children.

But again we haven't got the infrastructure to handle them either...

Also we can house refugees wherever we want. Children may demanding council houses near their family and friends.

Then sorry to say it, but if we encourage more children by financial measures, I can't see this making much change to those better off. I suspect the end result would be a lot of unemployed people would be having a lot more children that are all paid for by the state.

And we still won't have the infrastructure for them....
    Yeah the old are getting older and living longer that is an issue, I don't see why we would need to encourage people to have more children tho we still are procreating at a decent rate.

But we do need to future proof the infrastructure of the country and I don't think we can do that when the current population growth is so rapid. we are predicted to be the country with the highest population in Europe by 2050 with the steepest population boom.
    http://www.cityam.com/221125/populat...ean-union-2050
    We could offer early euthanasia (like early retirement but the government pays you to kill yourself) to also curb the population boom rather than concentrate just on immigration but I don't think that would go down to well either

Thanks
    Karma Level

Does anyone really believe that the EU exit will be passed by Parliament anyhow?

Thanks
    Karma Level

So we have the situation we are in, that everyone needs a house, but only the rich are allowed to buy houses.

However the poor have to pay more to use these houses than the rich pay to purchase these houses.

So in effect it could be considered that rich people are allowed to profit out of the fact that everyone needs somewhere to live but poor people are taxed for it.

Personally my point of view is that we should be building shit loads of houses everywhere (private and council). Then councils tell private landlords they are only offering half the previous rent. If private rents don't fall in line, then sod it, people have the freedom to move into a council house at a sensible price until landlords realise they have to take what is now on offer. So instead of our current situation where a person can save up money for a deposit then enjoy an income while tenants pay off their mortgage, instead people wishing to be landlords will have to top up their mortgages themselves (which still sounds like a very good investment opportunity to me).

The initial changes would probably lower property prices due to reduced rental yields, then prices would drop further as less people are able to buy to let. But suddenly as less people are able to buy to let, suddenly more properties will be remaining for owners to purchase.

So now I kindly ask what you think is more stupid:

What I have suggested, or where we are at the moment?

3 Thanks given to Over Carl

DavidF (27th June 2016),  Ganty (27th June 2016),  MajorFU (27th June 2016)  

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast