Close

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Brexit Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    I'm of the belief that he shat in a sandwich and then handed that shitty sandwich to Gove and Johnson, which is why they looked so sombre and downbeat during their victory speech.
    I agree I think the plan was damage limitation by letting Cameron do all the dirty work and when it turned to shit take over as the white in shinning amour blaming him, now one of them will be the one trying to negotiate and as they have said there will be no negotiation formal or informal before notice is served they are probably saying what the fuck do we do now or at least that's how it looks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by billynoguts View Post
    For me, voting for no confidence is a distraction we can do without along with the Labour party tussle (who the fook cares anyway). We need to crack on with the inevitable and make good with what we have. Cameron has done what most people expected him to do although it would have been better for him in my opinion if he had shown leadership and activated article 50. It looks like he was hoping for the EU would "give us another chance" but has left him looking a muppet.
    I agree activated article 50 the sooner the better it will only cause more damage the longer it's delayed now they have said no negotiation formal or informal before article 50 is activated which would have been the only bargaining chip we would have had for forcing the best deal.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Give it until 2020 and if we are still in the schit then another referendum will be called and the younger generation will be dragged kicking and screaming into a united states of europe with shengin the lot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    I could go MUCH lower my old chap. I could have voted out like a gullible fool. I suggest if you don't like my posts or don't understand them then just use the block function.
    My "old Chap" has more sense.......your in a minority deal with it! Calling people gullible for their opinion is more a reflection on you. If your not happy with the decision then fair play but to lash out is a joke. One good thing is that you have at least two years to go where the grass is greener. I honestly don't care about your post much (i certainly understand them) but will say some comments are credible and worthy for discussion as are a lot of people's are on here and some are just low and show the mentality of the poster, (if we all agreed it would be a shit forum). This has been one of the best threads on DF for a long time and sure has shown how divided and difficult it is to make everyone happy!

Thanks to billynoguts

DavidF (28th June 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

your in a minority deal with it!
    A common attitude of leave voters.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I agree activated article 50 the sooner the better it will only cause more damage the longer it's delayed now they have said no negotiation formal or informal before article 50 is activated which would have been the only bargaining chip we would have had for forcing the best deal.
    Agreed...sort of. I don't think it is our only bargaining chip and we can still get a great deal. Europe has a lot to lose too and will not make it difficult as it will have a negative impact on their jobs. The other good thing is we will see how good our politicians are at working for us. If they are shit we can get rid!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    A common attitude of leave voters.
    That's democracy and a fact.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have been giving quite a bit of thought to the very notion of a referendum since Friday. And I can't come up with a sane reason for holding one to decide any issue and certainly not the most important issues.

As an electorate we elect those we think are the most capable to represent our interests. Surely one of the reasons we do this is because members of the general public cannot be expected to be informed on every single issue that affects our lives. And in the case of something like the EU, surely the more expansive the issue, the more we need professional politicians to make those choices on our behalf?

I like to think I know a little, but I expect my MP to know more on these matters and to see through the hyperbole and sensationalist headlines in the media. They should therefore be able to make a more informed decision on my behalf. Why else would we elect them? So, on reflection, it seems very strange that politicians aren't trusted to make decisions which will have the biggest impact on society, such as leaving the EU. Instead it's left to a largely clueless electorate who are easily swayed by the media.

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

GTI (28th June 2016),  kroner (28th June 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That's democracy and a fact.
    I totally accept the democratic vote, I can still have my own opinion about what a fuck up the leave voters caused.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My "old Chap" has more sense.......your in a minority deal with it! Calling people gullible for their opinion is more a reflection on you. If your not happy with the decision then fair play but to lash out is a joke. One good thing is that you have at least two years to go where the grass is greener. I honestly don't care about your post much (i certainly understand them) but will say some comments are credible and worthy for discussion as are a lot of people's are on here and some are just low and show the mentality of the poster, (if we all agreed it would be a shit forum). This has been one of the best threads on DF for a long time and sure has shown how divided and difficult it is to make everyone happy!
    To be fair that is my type of comeback...I like it lol. Look at the end of the day my LHO post was reacting to Farage and that speech which I knew would give the leave voters their moment of utopia...Stick it to the man...Trouble is it's the man on the street that is going to pay.

Going onto the other posts I still can't see how it comes down to Cameron to psu the button so to speak. The man has said he doesn't want to. We could counter balance the small fib he told "I will invoke article 50 right away" with some of the little white lies that those in a position to also invoke article 50 have told (Im thinking Johnston and Gove for starters). So the tories are having a leadership contest....they do it different from labour - they could have this done and dusted within a week.....Where are the contenders ready and demanding it's time to GO ? The ink on the voters papers was barely dry and Boris and Gove were saying "No rush".......
    Like I have said this is not a coup against the 1% - come a fortnight the top of both camps will be off on their jollies not giving a stuff about what is happening in the streets of the UK. I bet all of them bought their holiday currency before Thursday too ffs.

Thanks to DavidF

billynoguts (28th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I have been giving quite a bit of thought to the very notion of a referendum since Friday. And I can't come up with a sane reason for holding one to decide any issue and certainly not the most important issues.

As an electorate we elect those we think are the most capable to represent our interests. Surely one of the reasons we do this is because members of the general public cannot be expected to be informed on every single issue that affects our lives. And in the case of something like the EU, surely the more expansive the issue, the more we need professional politicians to make those choices on our behalf?

I like to think I know a little, but I expect my MP to know more on these matters and to see through the hyperbole and sensationalist headlines in the media. They should therefore be able to make a more informed decision on my behalf. Why else would we elect them? So, on reflection, it seems very strange that politicians aren't trusted to make decisions which will have the biggest impact on society, such as leaving the EU. Instead it's left to a largely clueless electorate who are easily swayed by the media.
    They promise the earth and deliver fuck all, it's been coming for a long time. They are so far away from what the working class It's unreal. The London riots were a warning sign but they were even to blind to see that.

The biggest problem is the media, the whole thing turned into a x factor hype.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Funny that referendum have been banned in Germany since WW2, I just can't think what led them to take such drastic action.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lots of muted, and not so muted, talk about parliament not voting for an EU exit, or another referendum, or a general election that might result in a party winning on an anti-Brexit manifesto.

I don't believe that we'll ever actually leave the EU.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Looking at the mess parliament is in, no one expected leave to win, we leavers thought the main people behind the leave campaign would be around telling us what's going on, what their plan is(no plan i guess), but Boris, Gove and the rest are all missing in action.

Thanks to ilscuro

Over Carl (29th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Looking at the mess parliament is in, no one expected leave to win, we leavers thought the main people behind the leave campaign would be around telling us what's going on, what their plan is(no plan i guess), but Boris, Gove and the rest are all missing in action.
    I agree. We could start with reclaiming tax from large companies that have raped the British public purse for years. That would be a really good start!

Thanks to billynoguts

Over Carl (29th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

the only thing that will case the worst case scenario is all of the in fighting, bullshiting, trying to make to get one up on the other party/party member our elected members of parliament are doing by the time they stop we will be out of the EU bent over and fucked the the rest of Europe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree. We could start with reclaiming tax from large companies that have raped the British public purse for years. That would be a really good start!
    There lies another problem, the people with money never really gave a fuck about that, quite happy to bring in the bedroom tax and fuck the disabled over and recoup money that way though.

People are getting so caught up what's happened over the last week they are forgetting these cunt's that they want to keep there are the same ones that have been fucking people over for years.

2 Thanks given to kroner

Over Carl (29th June 2016),  piggzy (28th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is precisely why I believe that we should have a super-majority threshold for issues of this importance, just like they do in the USA e.g any amendment to the US constitution, especially ones with deeply entrenched clauses requires a two thirds majority to be passed.

The status quo should always be treated as sacred e.g. just like our position on capital punishment. I'm pretty sure if we held a vote tomorrow, the majority would vote to bring back hanging (certainly for paedos and terrorists). That cannot be allowed to happen, regardless of whether it is the democratic will of the people.. sorry.

At the end of the day Democracy is the least worst system of government and we should never forget that.

3 Thanks given to GTI

CzarJunkie (29th June 2016),  Ganty (30th June 2016),  MajorFU (29th June 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cameron shouldn't have called it. Boris shouldn't have changed sides. Both did so to further their personal political legacy.

Anybody else who voted (either way) fancy just fucking the result off and carry on like it was June 2015? We could put a grand on Leicester anyway.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    This is precisely why I believe that we should have a super-majority threshold for issues of this importance, just like they do in the USA e.g any amendment to the US constitution, especially ones with deeply entrenched clauses requires a two thirds majority to be passed.

The status quo should always be treated as sacred e.g. just like our position on capital punishment. I'm pretty sure if we held a vote tomorrow, the majority would vote to bring back hanging (certainly for paedos and terrorists). That cannot be allowed to happen, regardless of whether it is the democratic will of the people.. sorry.

At the end of the day Democracy is the least worst system of government and we should never forget that.

But what and who defines the status quo? Is taking the country to war sacred and beyond the comprehension of the average citizen? If so Blair's decision to go to war would have gone unquestioned. The super majority threshold in the USA guarantees thousands of US citizens will be shot to death each year because or the second amendment. You can't cherry pick with democracy, if you do then you go down a very rocky road.

2 Thanks given to MHP

Over Carl (29th June 2016),  piggzy (29th June 2016)  

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast