Started in the gym six weeks ago. Not going to overdo it like a couple of years ago. This time lighter weight/more reps and treadmill and cycling for 15 minutes each keeping my BPM at around 128 which is about twice resting rate. Only lost 4 lb over the six weeks but people are saying they can see I've lost some weight.

Today I started a diet that was recommended to me by a local boxer. He calls it The James Duncan diet. Its apparently designed for someone who needs to lose weight quickly for an operation. He told me that boxers will sometimes use it if they are overweight with a fight coming up. The diet is followed for one week in three. Makes it easier knowing that its only for a week then I can eat normally again (without the usual crap of course). People have commented that it does make you realise how much crap you are eating which helps to improve your normal diet and that it also shrinks your stomach so you don't go back to eating such large portions. A few have said that its the only diet they have tried where they haven't put the weight back on afterwards.

My current weight is 17 st 7 lb. Fat ratio - 38.9%. I'm told I look OK and its only my belly that is a problem. I suppose being 6 foot tall helps disguise what a fat bastard I really am.

So far so good. Felt hungry a couple of times today but not too bad. Keeping busy helps, so the house is getting a thorough spring summer clean at the moment. Will start on the garage tomorrow. Not a fan of fast weight loss diets because its not the proper way to lose weight and keep it off but could do with losing a couple of stone asap for the sake of my poor knees.

Anyone here heard of, or tried this diet? (">