IPTV

Thread: IPTV

dainese said:

Advice IPTV

Hi,
    With the new season fast approaching I am looking at my best options to catch my team on the TV using my Pi2 with Kodi. Last year friends and colleagues suggested I catch games with add-ons such as Pheonix/UK Turks/Castaway but very rarely caught a full match; often spending the 1st half searching for a working stream etc.

I have recently found a IPTV 48 hour trial with the option of a 12 month purchase. This is an add-on with username and password, and to be fair the channels are vast and the vod section is impressive, although these can be found in many of the video apps on Kodi. But live channel viewing is very good, although I cannot test what it will be like during a match. The only downside is 12 months works out at 150 quid. With anything like this you take your chances how long you get it for, but I am one who wouldn't go down the route of buying from the likes of eBay sellers or where it is advertised willy nilly.

Does anyone have experience of IPTV for this purpose recently, or would recommend it or even advise where to get it from?

Cheers

bobo06 said:

Default Re: IPTV

I might be able to help us all if there is enough interest . I know a reseller if we buy around 30 subs I can get them cheap these will be for plex though grab a now tv set it up and away you go . Also this won't be yearly it will be lifetime subs. I think it can be done through kodi also i can checkout out .

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

satzzz said:

There's quite a few out there now doing 1500+ channels for around 60 per year. Can be used on any box. For example iptvonair or satlovers. There's loads

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

muttleymacclad said:

Well I'd be interested in that bobo if the price was right.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

BigBrand said:

I'd be interested too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DejaVu said:

Quote Originally Posted by bobo06 View Post
    I might be able to help us all if there is enough interest . I know a reseller if we buy around 30 subs I can get them cheap these will be for plex though grab a now tv set it up and away you go . Also this won't be yearly it will be lifetime subs. I think it can be done through kodi also i can checkout out .
    I'll chip in here, so long as its a decent service. I've seen many people moaning about 'good services' being over subscribed and buffering within an inch of its life.

dainese said:

I have 3 lads in work who might be interested that I know of, and myself and my brother. I think all of us use Kodi but 3 have Firesticks and 2 of us have Pi2's. As always, price seems to be the deal clincher

jaygo said:

Count me in also but the price is the key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobo06 said:

It should be around 35/40 it won't be yearly its a one off . I have about 5 subs with them all on plex app via now tv as a media player . Although i don't use it for tv i use it for 3pm and sport only. If there is enough people i will sort it . the price will be split down the middle between us all.

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

muttleymacclad said:

Sounds good Bobo. Deffo yes from me at that price.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Mobileman said:

Default IPTV

Count me in for a couple of good for very close friends n family as got quite a few Plex subs already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mobileman; 12th July 2016 at 10:55 PM.

ilscuro said:

I'm interested too

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

beansontoast said:

+1 here, keep options open 👍
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

dainese said:

Getting quite a bit of interest on here bobo. Seems like as long as the server is quality and the price is like you said, hopefully this might come to fruition.

Ashley said:

I'll have a couple too please, been meaning to sort this out for a while now

beerman said:

Bobo I'm in but does it allow plex home theatre rather than a now tv box? I'd rather use what I have set up already than one of them ugly white boxes.

Geko said:

Im interested, Bobo

Also.... I currently have a plex sub for 80 a year. Very reliable. Comes with on demand movies and TV. Also has the PPV events.

I also have a Mag, although the sub can be used on any box. Excellent quality. 900 channels. However no ondemand or PPV. 60 a year.

dainese said:

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Bobo I'm in but does it allow plex home theatre rather than a now tv box? I'd rather use what I have set up already than one of them ugly white boxes.
    I believe they are on a 3rd generation one now since the white box, although I couldn't say if the latest released one will run Plex yet. The black 2nd gen has wifi and apparently Asda are clearing them out for 10 with 2 day sport pass. This is what I'm hoping to get a couple if bobo's sellers method won't work on a Kodi

DJ Overdose said:

PlexKodiConnect.

These sort of subs will work on any plex client. Even web gui. They add as a 'channel' usually called IPTV and when u open that you will see all the channels.

DJ OD

dainese said:

I downloaded an app called Plexus for my Kodi. You can input a stream url which might work