Close

View Poll Results: How much would you spend on a new phone?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • £0 - £100

8 18.18%
  • £150 - £250

17 38.64%
  • £250 - £350

8 18.18%
  • £350 - £500

6 13.64%
  • £500- £700

1 2.27%
  • £700 - £900

4 9.09%
  • Dan Bilzerian

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How much would you pay for a phone?

I only replace my phone when it packs in. I'm still on a Galaxy 4. When it does pack in, I'll get another Galaxy 4 second hand.

I just need phone calls, text, email and tapatalk to read digital forums. The Galaxy 4 is more than enough for that.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Paid £165 for my current Windows Phone (640XL i think)
    Love the phone but I thought I spent too much, usually only spend around £150 max
    Cant justify a phone in the £4-500 plus range
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to add to my comments above. I would most likely buy a windows phone over an android one. I'm just not clued up enough to trust the OS to protect me. Used Kali on a nexus and the stuff they can do is scary, that's just what I know about...

Yeah sure apple do the same as well.... Scammers

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

I haven't had a contract phone in ages. I've bought all of my phones outright since the iPhone 5. I change them when I want, which is usually a couple of times a year. This is until the 6+ which cost me £700 and I have had for 2 years (I tried a couple of androids in between and kept going back to it). I missed the 6S+ but am hoping to find a 7+ in the next few days. I get a ton of use out of a phone in loads of different ways. I'd pay £1000 if I thought it was worth it.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I'll be paying £919 for a iPhone 7plus tomorrow, however I'll actually be making money on it, around £40.

i upgrade my contract to a none Apple phone, for example last week I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I get the phone for free and on a cheaper contract than I would ever get an iPhone on, example being the Samsung for free on a £41 per month contract. I then sell the new Samsung phone and last years Apple phone and I pay for the new Apple phone outright. Last year it cost me £20 doing it this way, this year as I mentioned I'm making £40.

i have 2 contracts, one for me and one for the missus, both renew on alternating years so I can do this every year and still have the latest iPhone. Luckily the missus doesn't care about having the latest phone, and is happy with a couple year old iPhone 6 Plus.

As for the contract, my work pays £25 towards my phone contract so I usually only pay like £65 per month for 2 phones

Thanks to Scottio200

cyprus (15th September 2016)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scottio200 View Post
    Well I'll be paying £919 for a iPhone 7plus tomorrow, however I'll actually be making money on it, around £40.

i upgrade my contract to a none Apple phone, for example last week I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I get the phone for free and on a cheaper contract than I would ever get an iPhone on, example being the Samsung for free on a £41 per month contract. I then sell the new Samsung phone and last years Apple phone and I pay for the new Apple phone outright. Last year it cost me £20 doing it this way, this year as I mentioned I'm making £40.

i have 2 contracts, one for me and one for the missus, both renew on alternating years so I can do this every year and still have the latest iPhone. Luckily the missus doesn't care about having the latest phone, and is happy with a couple year old iPhone 6 Plus.

As for the contract, my work pays £25 towards my phone contract so I usually only pay like £65 per month for 2 phones
    Look's like your onto a good thing there

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't leave for work without my phone. I'm on the road so any waiting etc, the phone comes out. It's on a £15 all you can eat data monthly plan on 3. The iPhone 3GS was a nearly 2 years old when I picked it up for £300 and was a revelation. Now about 3 years later I've had a iPhone 5 that again was a couple of years old when I got it.

I've not got excited by any phone since but will need to change soon as this phone has power issues! Maybe a Chinese phone?

Got the Mrs a Nokia Lumia 1020 which has a 40mb camera. The only thing that is a let down is the fact it's a Windows phone. They seems to be years behind other operating systems and she gets annoyed by the lack of apps. That cost me just shy of £500 when new but I wouldn't spend that on myself or that again on another phone

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll pay whatever the going rate is for the iPhone. In work I used a bunch of Windows CE handsets and like Little John, I loved the TyTn2. Great handset.
    And then I got my first iPhone which made my head spin. My iPhone history is 3GS, 4S, 6. I still believe I got the biggest kick from the 3GS as it was so much better than anything else I'd had.

I suppose now I'm too tied in to the Apple ecosystem to go Android now, even though I appreciate that technically a lot of their handsets are better than Apple's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The most I've ever spent is on my Nexus 5x and it was my absolute limit. I got a great deal though; under £300
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do love my phones/toys lol had them all but like a lot, now use cheap Chinese phones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12